Welcome to the A&T Server!

Reaction score
[panel]
[/panel][panel]
Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys, Girls, Adventurers and Explorers alike...

Welcome to the Adventure & Tournament server, one of the 4 new, awe-inspiring, mouth-watering servers to hit Blocktopia's premium servers. I am UltimateBudgie and I will be your HC and host for the evening, and my job is to make your stay on the server both as comfortable and enjoyable as possible!

So what exactly is the A&T server?
Let me start off by saying that the A&T server is one of the most unique servers in the Minecraft community, and that I've never seen anything like it around before. In brief, it's a server where you can easily play the most prestiguous adventure maps in the minecraft community or have a full-out PvP war with your community mates. Just look around for a map you like, then go inside and knock yourself out! (Hopefully not literally). Meet up with friends, or just chill out... the choice is yours!
However, describing the server won’t give it it’s full credit. Hop on and try things out to see for yourself. If you are confused about how to play or what to do, follow the following links:
http://blocktopia.net/wiki/Adventure
http://blocktopia.net/servers/adventure.php
Feel free to PM me for any further questions!

So what is happening now?
Well you can sorta call this ‘The Official Release’ of A&T. Now that I’m heading it, my job is to pull this server into the right direction and make it fit the standards that Blocktopia is used to having. Right now there is a lot of brain-storming needed to be done, on how everything will be worked out.
I like to be as transparent as possible, and so you should hopefully be seeing constant updates on how things are going. I also want to try grab a bunch of fresh staff to help out in this crucial phase of the server!

You guys (The Players) are the key!
The main thing I want to stress about the server, is that essentially I don’t want to be the one running the server, you guys should be! That means, any form of suggestion no matter how big or small is appreciated... not just appreciated, it is definitely needed!
· If you think a map should be put in, suggest it!
· If there’s something which you don’t think is right, tell me about it!
· If there is a reason you don’t want to visit the server, please tell me!
I want to make this server as enjoyable for everyone, and thus I desperately need you feed-back. So any feed-back you have; plop it here:
http://blocktopia.net/bugs/adventureserver
If you have anything major to say; then please do say it on this thread! All these initial thoughts definitely count J
Thankyou!

The future of A&T:
Well, As I mentioned above, the future of A&T is up to you guys, but here are some general things I hope to have planned:
· Unique and fun tournaments frequently
· The Massive Reddit tournament on Blocktopia; fo sure!
· Some sort of Prize system
· Better organisation of maps
· A wider range of maps to suit all tastes
· Millions and millions of different, fun, and strange competitions
· More!?!
So get pumped for an awesome future ;)

Staffing @ A&T:
Staffing on A&T will be quite different to staffing on most servers. For one, it won’t require too much solid ‘staffing’ time, but rather just being there and helping out players/having fun. However, it’s not just that; staff will have the following jobs:
· Being the PR people of the server; helping solve problems
· Helping judge map submissions/suggestions
· Play testing new maps!
· Hosting tournaments/running the games
· Thinking up of challenge ideas
· Helping implement suggestions
· More fun and quirky jobs as they arise!
As you can see, staffing on A&T is not just boring solid work, but you rather work in a free and fun environment. Right now, we are desperately looking for staff; so if you think that you are mature, fun, easy-going and creative enough to have what it takes; please apply!
(Applicaitons will be open soon)

That is all for now ;)
I think that is pretty much all for now... this wall of text has gone for long enough!
Please leave all comments/suggestions/anything you have below. Cheers!
[/panel][panel]

[/panel]

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
AN INTRO
Firstly, don't get your knickers in a knot because I'm not describing these much, I'm kinda still developing these in my head. These are all very rough ideas, which YOU (yes, I mean you) can improve as time goes on.

A FRIENDS LIST
I know Minecraft isn't facebook, but it'd be nice to have a friends list to see who's online and other things.​
% = colour red (customizable, maybe?)​
# = colour grey (customizable, maybe?)​
^ = colour white (non-customizable)​
Willchill: /friend(s)​
%ONLINE:​
%UltimateBudgie^ Last played $mapname​
%AvantGarde^ Last played $mapname​
%Jowe^ Last played $mapname​
%Smelyalata^ Last played $mapname​
%Killer1525^ Last played $mapname​
#OFFLINE:​
#ReyvnNova^ Last played $mapname​
#RaneofPane^ Last played $mapname​
#TrollerHackz123 (lol)^ Last played $mapname​
Just went over this, probably more useful if we had it split to three, EG.​
/friendsonline -- Displays online friends​
/friendsoffline -- Displays offline friends​
/friends -- Displays all friends (online/offline)​
--------------------------------------------------------------​
This would be useful for commands like /invite​
Colours could be customized with /change friendsonline %(colour)
Or, if that's too long, /chng friendsonline %(colour)

could also be shortened with /c friendsonline %(colour)​
this /chng command could work with almost every command, and could provide a more personalized server.
FIX COMMANDS
/help doesn't work for players without ranks.​

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Sounds good Budgie, Can't wait for it to get more popular :)

Reaction score
It needs popularity mainly, don't forget it isn't put on any server lists yet ;)
Advertising is going to be one of the main worries discussed! :)

But that isn't the only problem... right now the server is quite a 'Catch 22' Situation when it comes to getting people on. What that means is:
  • People really want to play with other people
  • They see that the server is semi-empty, so they think that they won't be able to play anyone
  • Thus is becomes a constant loop with the same attitude
We desperately need a way around this!

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
UltimateBudgie Have the server amount constantly show near full to trick people? :D
:p Maybe connect all the premium servers through a friend's list? You can check which friend's are on, and maybe be able to PM between servers. This way, it'll be easier to let people know you want to play A&T. Or be able to send beacons from A&T. Someone starts a PvP map on A&T, it signals to Buildbox, Solitude, and AoD? Dunno.

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
UltimateBudgie Have the server amount constantly show near full to trick people? :D
:p Maybe connect all the premium servers through a friend's list? You can check which friend's are on, and maybe be able to PM between servers. This way, it'll be easier to let people know you want to play A&T. Or be able to send beacons from A&T. Someone starts a PvP map on A&T, it signals to Buildbox, Solitude, and AoD? Dunno.
Nice idea.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HadesHunter

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
That would actually be quite handy, and would especially help if a server is full and you want to talk to a friend.

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Advertising is going to be one of the main worries discussed! :)

But that isn't the only problem... right now the server is quite a 'Catch 22' Situation when it comes to getting people on. What that means is:
  • People really want to play with other people
  • They see that the server is semi-empty, so they think that they won't be able to play anyone
  • Thus is becomes a constant loop with the same attitude
We desperately need a way around this!
I'm thinking something around the ideas of Primordia. When something big happens like a release of a new SMP Server (A+T has been around, even if the release is official only around now, so it couldn't be a release) but maybe when all the maps change, or basically something big to grab the attention. Primordia went from 20 people in the queue on the first day to a regular server as filled as Lava. I think that's something we want here.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm thinking something around the ideas of Primordia. When something big happens like a release of a new SMP Server (A+T has been around, even if the release is official only around now, so it couldn't be a release) but maybe when all the maps change, or basically something big to grab the attention. Primordia went from 20 people in the queue on the first day to a regular server as filled as Lava. I think that's something we want here.
I think there should be an extra special attraction that everyone would enjoy, unless that is what you are suggesting.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
"If you can get a group of 3 others playing, 10 more will join you."
Qoute: Me when a small game of Gunships turned to 6 v 6
That's true, much like AoD, nobody will play until someone joins, yet nobody joins as there is nobody online thus meaning It's a repetitive cycle, but then someone joins and they start to join aswell.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and Araidian

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The shenanigans that went down on A&T's April Fool's Day.

Almost died a billion times +1. My facial expressions during my deaths.
Teleported: :eek:
Falling::cold:
Teleported whilst falling: :help:
Falling to my death: :cry:

Loved this!

Reactions: Araidian

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
@digitalmez I think you've posted in the wrong thread x)

T

TBDWFE1

AN INTRO
Firstly, don't get your knickers in a knot because I'm not describing these much, I'm kinda still developing these in my head. These are all very rough ideas, which YOU (yes, I mean you) can improve as time goes on.

A FRIENDS LIST
I know Minecraft isn't facebook, but it'd be nice to have a friends list to see who's online and other things.​
% = colour red (customizable, maybe?)​
# = colour grey (customizable, maybe?)​
^ = colour white (non-customizable)​
Willchill: /friend(s)​
%ONLINE:​
%UltimateBudgie^ Last played $mapname​
%AvantGarde^ Last played $mapname​
%Jowe^ Last played $mapname​
%Smelyalata^ Last played $mapname​
%Killer1525^ Last played $mapname​
#OFFLINE:​
#ReyvnNova^ Last played $mapname​
#RaneofPane^ Last played $mapname​
#TrollerHackz123 (lol)^ Last played $mapname​
Just went over this, probably more useful if we had it split to three, EG.​
/friendsonline -- Displays online friends​
/friendsoffline -- Displays offline friends​
/friends -- Displays all friends (online/offline)​
--------------------------------------------------------------​
This would be useful for commands like /invite​
Colours could be customized with /change friendsonline %(colour)
Or, if that's too long, /chng friendsonline %(colour)

could also be shortened with /c friendsonline %(colour)​
this /chng command could work with almost every command, and could provide a more personalized server.
FIX COMMANDS
/help doesn't work for players without ranks.​
Love these ideas, but /friends currently accepts a map invite. Perhaps either this command could be changed to /fjoin or /faccept or your command could be changed somehow?