Weapon Idea

Reaction score
From the mind that ALMOST NOWHERE NEAR brought you Demolition gamemode and a TNT youtube channel comes an all new weapon idea!

Prepare yourselves ladies and gentlemen:
I present to you: The Missile

The basic overview of this weapon is similar to the lightning in the sense it is an explosive projectile fired from above that explodes when it makes contact with a tower, or ground, or whatever the target is. It is kind of like a airstrike/lightning combo.

Where it differs:
1. Explosion Range. Unlike lightning which send the explosion 1 block out from the impact, then one shoots 3 blocks outward:

Where L is the explosion and I is the impact.

2. Price. Since this is powerful, I'm thinking 25 for 1, this is open to change

3. Delays. As the lightning comes down immediately, a missile takes 10 (Open to change). This is because the user can get out of the way, and it makes it less overpowerful.

USES:
Useful in KOTH or cap point gametypes.

Upgrades:
1: Less delay (Impact in X less seconds) 12000
2. Radius +1 15000

Many Thanks,

Ginger

Luigi

Reaction score
I guess its a pretty good idea, but it doesn't sound like something I would ever use. But I still like it :)

pjaj

Reaction score
so, besides placement, non-upward and non-forward movement, how is this different from a mortar? :\ just to me it seems quite similar, sorry.

• Agree
Reactions: Super_Goku

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
I agree with pjaj, its too similar to mortar. Also, the price is to high if it has a 10 second cooldown, and the cooldown is to high as well. One does not simply take 10 seconds to get 3 blocks away. By then, your enemy will have moved far out of the way, and the chances of someone randomly walking into the explosion range is highly improbable. I suggest the price be 16-18, and the cooldown be 1-3 seconds.

Reaction score
Well, the thinking for this weapon is that it is made for multikills or securing points with multiple enemies, where lightning would not take them all out. (I.E. KOTH or Dom points, Cannons with multiple enemies, etc.)

And if you think the price/impact time should be lower, I'm willing to compromise.

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
A simpler, cheaper, and more efficient way to do just that is to use big-TNT. Spreads farther, costs less, and takes 3 seconds instead of 10.