We warned you...

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
We didn't want to have to do it. Honestly, we didn't. But you didn't take the opportunity and so there was no option left but to intervene.

That's right, I'm here to talk to you about potatoes! A few of you may remember back on Elysium that Camelot owned a potato farm. It was a rather large potato farm (51,840 potato input) and we were known quite well for farming potatoes. On DoD, Alkatraz and I didn't want to be known for farming so we left it alone and decided to build Egyptian stuff instead, letting others take the reigns and make potatoes the cheap and reliable food we all know and love.

But nobody listened. We tried to tell people to start potato farms in an effort to make Baked Potatoes the best cost per food level item, but everyone wanted to stick to their carrots... We had to fix this!

It started out as a small farm (1,280 input) to satisfy our own needs and also to turn a small profit when sold to the store:

When we realised nobody else was going to take action, we ramped it up slightly, increasing it to a more reasonable size (6,000 input) for a farm built by us:

Within a couple of harvests we managed our goal, baked potatoes are now the best item in cost per hunger restored, not to mention the 5th most stocked item in the stores!

Carrots are at the time of writing this $0.27, a cost of $0.135 per full hunger icon, whilst Baked Potatoes are $0.32, a cost of $0.107. Before our venture, Baked Potatoes were $0.55, $0.183 per icon restored. It may amuse you to find out that raw potatoes are $0.83 each. We care not for the raws, they are but an inconvenience to us!

I hope you all learn to appreciate baked potatoes for the wonder that they provide.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
ew its all ugly, from the architects that build the sphinx? Hmm starting to think you two simply dug up that sphinx from the sand and claimed to build it...otherwise this tato farm wouldn't be so...ugleh.

As I have see this in game your getting a -1 on your builder application, not only was this a group build it was simply ugly.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
ew its all ugly, from the architects that build the sphinx? Hmm starting to think you two simply dug up that sphinx from the sand and claimed to build it...otherwise this tato farm wouldn't be so...ugleh.

As I have see this in game your getting a -1 on your builder application, not only was this a group build it was simply ugly.
Does that not further hammer home our point?! We were forced away from our lovely builds to rectify a glaring problem in the economy. It meant ignoring style and form, focussing on the primary objective! Believe me, we didn't want it to be like this but we agreed an ugly solution would perhaps lead some people to believe "hey, I can do this AND make it look nice at the same time". If enough people followed that, we could get rid of the scourge form the landscape and return beauty to the realm whilst also having a high enough potato yield from others in the server!

Alkatraz

Reaction score
And now potatoes are cheaper to buy than carrots full stop.

Baked_Potatoes are at $0.25 (a cost of $0.0833 per hunger point restored) now, with 71k in stock when writing. Our next target is #3 on top items, currently Netherwarts with 87k.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
So whilst a little unrelated to the main post, it still involves mass selling to the store so I thought I'd put it here...

We're back with our weekly item crash. This week was a double whammy of sand AND sandstone!

Sandstone started at $2.02 and sand at $0.68. We sold 26,030 sandstone and 64,718 sand to the store, dropping their prices to $0.55 and $0.26 respectively. Sandstone sits now a measly 27.2% of the price before our mass sell, and sand at 41.1% of it's previous price.

In doing so, sand moved up to 3rd on /topitems, with sandstone lagging a bit further behind still... We made $50,459.42 topians in the process! Happy days.

Reactions: Notme and asaechao