Accepted Vino/Infernofox's Application

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: League of Legends sub forum, TTT subforum

Time-zone/Country of origin: Eastern Timezone (GMT -5:00/4:00)

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:

A: Consult the admin about the issue and let them know they shouldn't bear disrespect to another user just over something silly. Just because someone does something wrong does not mean they deserve poor treatment. This is bad for both the user and bad for the PR of the community as a whole. Depending on the circumstance it might even be best to edit the offensive part of the post out entirely or delete the post to protect both the image of the admin, and prevent any issues from arising there forth.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:

A: I would delete the posts detaining from the conversation and ask the users to either cease the conversation of the matter, or to take it into a private conversation to prevent a public flamewar.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?

A: I would normally just make a post explaining my reasoning to my actions and aploigize if they disagree with it, but i would stand on my word on that my action is the best possible given the circumstances. I would also consult other moderators/administrators on my actions to see if they were optimal given the circumstances. If there continues to be large disagreement with my actions on a general level from both theuserbase and the staff i would not be afraid to admit my mistake and revert my actions.

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:

I would show him Haysagars application