[VetOp] Old_Man_Oak63's Veteran Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Old_Man_Oak63's Veteran Operator Application

In-game username: Old_Man_Oak63Staff references (Controller+): No references for this application
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past):
Ex-Zombie Survival Trusted
Ex-Journey to Elysium Economist
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: A veteran operator has a lot of the same obligations and responsibilities as an regular operator. They deal with any questions players may have, player disputes, grief, tickets, all the tasks a regular operator would normally deal with, except for one key difference. A veteran operator is a far more experienced and (most times) older member of the staff team and as such they have access to more commands on the server to help them carry out tasks and have a fair bit more responsibility about their rank. A veteran operator, should show keen decision making, being able to deal with situations quickly and calmly and should also be able to represent themselves as a prime example of maturity within the community. Furthermore a veteran operator, like any operator, should be able to show that they can work well both by themselves and in a team with their peers. Finally a key aspect of a veteran operator is to work together with the staff team to help make the server more enjoyable for all players involved, this can be anything from helping organise server events, to simply making sure everyone is having a good time.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I have past experience after holding the rank of JtE Economist, although there are people out there who may have more experience than me. I have the ability to completely dedicate myself to the server, being able to denote vast amounts of time as need be as was seen previously in JtE. Furthermore I work well in a team having worked together with many different people during the many changes of staff that JtE experienced. I also consider myself a teacher in some ways, having helped to teach new operators and trusted commands and their usages while I was economist of JtE.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: Generally I consider myself a problem solver, being able to work logically through a situation until I come to a solution, in the case that I am unaware of how to handle a situation, I would deal with it to the best of my abilities and then bring it to the attention of either superstein, JohnOgozalek or SparklyMuffinz or any other high staff straight away.

How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: Having helped with the development of DoD, I already have some knowledge of the new commands being introduced. I also have great experience with current commands involving prism and the ticket system after staffing JtE.

What’s the best thing you have ever read?:
If I had to narrow it down to a single book, which is very hard for me to do I might add! It would have to be Ranger's Apprentice: Oakleaf Bearers, if you haven't heard of this particular series I would completely understand. The author of the series is John Flanagan, an Australian Author who originally wrote the series as a collection of short stories for his son. He collected these stories into a more lengthy series of books and had them published, the last of these books having been published last year in fact! I love this particular book simply for some of the reactions between the apprentice Will and his master Halt. No spoilers of course but if you are looking for something adventurous, set in the times of sword and shield, this may be the series for you ;D

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here:
Thanks for reading my application, hope you feel swell and have a nice day!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Old_Man_Oak63,

You've been accepted as a VetOp, congratulations! You've had a great run on JtE and I am sure your reign will continue. The only concern we really had was command abuse and maturity at times but I am sure that those problems will be resolved. But worry not, you have done an outstanding job in times past and in your work on Dusk of Discordia!

Have a great time on the server, enjoy!

Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.