Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Catastrophic Operator Application

~ In-game username: - Jivvi
~ Staff references (Op+): - N/A
~ Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - Not here, anyway
~ How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - An operator is designated to be an enforcer of the servers, keeping away troublemakers and restoring the order when things get out of hand. Despite this, what some staff occasionally forget, is that the servers aren't a militant camp, they're designed for fun, and fun should be at the top of the to-do list of the staff. (Obviously, within reason)
~ Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - Erk, I hate blowing my own trumpet, but I will bid myself as a general all-rounder, I like all the servers, I get along with most everyone, I can build okay, I can PvP alright. I can pick up most things quite quickly as well, and adapt to the problem at hand.
~ If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - I could seek help from other present staff, or perhaps from the IRC. I could also ask some of the players, as just because they aren't staff doesn't mean that they know nothing; they could have experience with given plugin, or just have picked it up from reading chat. If all else fails, in an urgent situration, I could ping someone from the Directing or Administrating team in IRC for assistance.
~ If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - If it was severe enough, I could either report it to someone just above me, or, if in fear of being turned down or the story being changed or forgotten, report it directly to the Directing team or the Administration.
~ What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - I hate doing anything irrepairable, for example, breaking something nice, or sayiong something particularly nasty. This also applies to things like banning offending users; I may be prone to giving one too many second chances. However, I believe I can work to overcome this.
~ Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - Welp, um, I like to have fun, in an oddball myriad of ways, and I like to help where I can. I love to talk and play with everyone, so on the occasional chance that I get to use TeamSpeak, I'll often stay on for quite a long time. Recently, I've been toying with the idea of applying for staff, and not long ago I got my first reference, but the giver resigned shortly after, and the idea shot straight back down to the bottom of the pile. I like the faster pace of TNT and AoD, which are probably the servers that I am most active on, Although I like RoF and BuildBox just the same. Building Concord was fun at the start, but JtE never held me long, so I'm looking forward to this new SMP, and I'm also happy that this style of SMP is looking to be the kind I really like.
~ If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - Despite not having any staffing experience in the Blocktopia community, I have, on a range of other servers, been close to the owners/admins, and as such know quite a bit about staffing and how it should work.
~
Veteran Operator Application
~ In-game username: Jivvi
~ Staff references (Controller+): N/A
~ Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): N/A
~ How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: While an operator can focus more on the playerbase, a Veteran Operator must also be able to help further the server, and perform more behind-the-scenes duties. On top of this, a VetOp must keep the Trusteds and Operators in check, while keeping the face of the server friendly and fun for everyone. It's all the duties of an operator, plus many more.
~ Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: As I stated above, I tend to get along well with most anyone, and am usually quite good at picking up newly required skills quickly. I like to help out where I can, and this rank certainly exceeds the amount of assistance I can usually provide people. I want to help make the server the best fun it can be, for everyone, whether that be helping someone new, talking someone out of bannable activity, and how to correct it, or just being friendly and helpful where I can!
~ If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - I could seek help from other present staff, or perhaps from the IRC. I could also ask some of the players, as just because they aren't staff doesn't mean that they know nothing; they could have experience with given plugin, or just have picked it up from reading chat. If all else fails, in an urgent situration, I could ping someone from the Directing or Administrating team in IRC for assistance.
~ How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I've had experience with a variety of odd little plugins and commands, and when presented with a new plugin, can often relate it to another and pick it up quite quickly, example being using fCraft draw command knowledge from Classic to help work out WorldEdit, which I am now quite adept at.
~ What’s the best thing you have ever read?: Rick Riordan. The Percy Jackson series is amazing. owo
~ If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: This is more of a final statement for both forms, but I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to filter through this wall of text to see if I fit the bill. I can acknowledge that I probably won't receive a staff role, but appreciate your considering it!
Thank you!

Also, good luck to all you other applicants!
:laugh:

Edit: Looking at some of the other applications, they seem a tad longer that mine. I have spent quite a while on this, but if you'd like more I'd be happy to stick more in

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Heya Jivvi,

After discussion we have decided to deny your application(s). It is hard to judge how you have done in a staff position, having none prior to this, and having little SMP experience we did not think you were ready to take a staff position. If you find yourself involved in Dusk of Discordia, applying for staff is always open!

Thanks for your application, and I hope you will have a great time on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.