Unreachable Chests

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
We've had a few complaints from our neighborhood thieves that a number of builds are unreachable.

The latest instance was the 'hidden' passage as the bottom of the sea to Soul's old storeroom (Zach?) and Knight seems to know that that was the *only* entrance, his psychic abilities aside, it's most likely illegal.

Since the server is down for maintenance I can't check it out for myself. I don't know if we're using, or still have anything left in there, but I'd advise you to take anything out of it or LWC anything that's yours at the earliest opportunity. Also make sure your doors are unblocked (dirt seems to be a favorite), unless you're doing something fancy (lwcing a door isn't legal!) if you see someone with dirt in front of their door, kindly remove it.

Zachster96

Reaction score
The "hidden" door I made at the bottom of the sea was an iron door with nothing behind it (And there is a way to open it). I think that room with the lwc'ed door underwater was Ogarci's, but not 100% sure.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The underwater door a short walk from my mushroom house IS mine, and I'm currently grounded, so any things that have changed since my last log in that I'm in violation of, I haven't been able to get on and make them accessible.. So ill try to get on and fix it when the opportunity arises..

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Apologies for generalising on the rules, I was working on the assumption generally new players have a single entrance to their houses and if you needed to lwc your door, you must have something inside that you'd want to keep safe.

Schrodinger's Chest... An interesting concept!

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Guys if you have two entrances to your house than you can lwc one of them. If you only have one entrance to your house and you have a chest anywhere in your house than it is illegal to lwc your door as chests must be accessible.

However if raiders were to come to your house and your door was lwc'ed but they cannot see a chest they can't complain can they? <---- Use this to your advantage.

I hope this has cleared it up.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Guys if you have two entrances to your house than you can lwc one of them. If you only have one entrance to your house and you have a chest anywhere in your house than it is illegal to lwc your door as chests must be accessible.

However if raiders were to come to your house and your door was lwc'ed but they cannot see a chest they can't complain can they? <---- Use this to your advantage.

I hope this has cleared it up.
Agreed, that is correct.

One edit: If your chest is LWC protected, you can hide it as much as you wish, because noone could steal from it anyways.

@Shinyshark

Nope, thats fine of course!