Unable to display Minecraft.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
A few days ago Minecraft.net was under maintenance. So I waited patiently for the site to come back up. Now whenever I try to visit Minecraft.net I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I've clicked on Diagnose Connection Problems and it found that the connection was fine. I've also clicked on More Information and have used Google. I haven't had to use a different browser before, I don't know why I would have to now.
Is anyone else getting the same message or is it just me?

L

Later_Gator

Is it still doing that now? It could just be that Minecraft.net is down, but as of right now it's up.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it still doing that now? It could just be that Minecraft.net is down, but as of right now it's up.
I've been to the site IsMineCraftDown.net and they regularly keep up to date on whether Minecraft is working or not. I've chatted to people here on Blocktopia and have found out that the website is fully functioning. I don't know what else to do? I've googled whether or not it'd be best to change browsers but even those who own Firefox or Google Chrome experience the same problem, so it's not only bias to Internet Explorer. I'm still having the same problem since the website was undergoing maintenance, but that's been a few days now.
Thank you for your reply.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay. So it has taken me three days to find a proper solution to my problem. All have been incredibly useful. I first started out with the basic. Which was to do whatever Internet Explorer and Firefox told me to do, but none of their advice worked. You might also come across forums that tell you to scan for viruses, malware or to turn off/on your firewall. After reading many solutions, I've come across a few that don't really deal with the basic fixes. Some are met with a good outcome. Here are two links.

Youtube Minecraft Fix - this is the link that helped me view Minecraft's webpage.
Milespace - has got a lot of good feedback.

I hope you find these useful. Goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.