Other Two Baboons Manage to Upgrade Forums

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

Welcome to the new EscapeRestart Forums, powered by Xenforo 2.1! This marks a massive upgrade over XF 1.5.6, an update that took place more than three years ago, and allows for a ton more flexibility of use and exciting features!

New Features
· · ────────────── ·?· ────────────── · ·​

➖ First and foremost, you'll notice a refreshed theme, designed by Hex, with a new dark theme coming shortly!

➖ The forums have been re-arranged slightly to make things less spread apart and easier to find.

➖ We now have full emoji support through Twemoji! You'll recognize this style from Twitter, Discord, and now the EscapeRestart forums! ?

➖ The rich text editor is now basically everywhere! You can now post images, media(see below!) and take full advantage of rich text on profile posts, post comments... anywhere!

➖ There are a ton of new options for embedding media! Share your fire mixtape from Soundcloud, a Twitch highlight, a game on Steam, and more - all from the Insert Media button!

➖ Link your external accounts through your account details and they'll appear on your profile card!

➖ Post reactions have received a much-needed refresh! Don't worry, all your post ratings from before are still here - just updated!

➖ You can now change your username without having to beg an admin!

➖ Push notifications will now send you alerts!

➖ Donors now receive a fancy glowing ribbon, the ability to change their name color, upgraded profile covers, and access to a Donors-only subforum with similar content to #donor-lounge on Discord (sneak peeks, game giveaways, etc)

· · ────────────── ·?· ────────────── · ·

There are a ton more behind-the-scenes, under-the-hood, and more subtle new features that I won't list out here, but you'll definitely notice them around the forums. This has been about a month-long process for Hex and I, and we're so excited to finally have it released to the community at large!

Upgrading also allows us to add new features easier and bug fix things quickly. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for new feature announcements, more donor rewards, themes, and more!

If you run into any issues, create a task on our bug reporter so we can iron them out, and enjoy the new forums!

Hex__________________________Nillbugwtw

Last edited:

lizthehedgehog

Orange Juice Spiller
Admin
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
it looks so good on mobile ??? i could NEVER use the text editor on mobile until now. It would never load properly for me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hex

fantome

Reaction score
➖ Donors now receive a fancy glowing ribbon, the ability to change their name color, upgraded profile covers, and access to a Donors-only subforum with similar content to #donor-lounge on Discord (sneak peeks, game giveaways, etc) WOW I GUESS BLOACKTOPIA PREMIUM IS A THING

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
➖ Donors now receive a fancy glowing ribbon, the ability to change their name color, upgraded profile covers, and access to a Donors-only subforum with similar content to #donor-lounge on Discord (sneak peeks, game giveaways, etc) WOW I GUESS BLOACKTOPIA PREMIUM IS A THING
You must have Blocktopia Premium™ to read this reply.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I can personally vouch for the incredible commitment Nill and Hex have put into upgrading these forums - I merely had to update the Discord and Minecraft account links and clean up around the edges! The end result looks great, it's a fantastic upgrade for our users - here's to the next project. ?

(oh damn that emoji picker is nice)