Turret.

Kawaiidesu98

Reaction score
Website
reddit.com
I'm guessing the first answer would be "TURRET IS TOO OP." I already thought of a way to have a turret in TNT wars without making it op. The turret should be 2 blocks tall with a team color on top and bricks underneath. You just have to place the brick and the color should automatically be on top. The turret shoots 1 block of lava that keeps traveling until it hits something. Once the individual lava bullet hits something, the turret is allowed to shoot again. The bullet should not travel faster than the rocket. The bullet can be destroyed by explosions. The bullet should only travel side ways and should never travel up or down. The turret should not shoot up or down either but it can shoot anywhere else around it.. The turret can be destroyed by the opposite team. The turret can be destroyed with explosions. The turret have a range of 7 blocks. The turret should NOT have any upgrades, but if it did have upgrades, it should shoot mortar bullets. I can't see how shooting mortars can be op, especially when they're hard to use.

_ChoasLego_

Rabbit
Donor
Reaction score
We've already had this. It was a VetOp+ command, and I do not see why does this need to make a return.

1. Shooting out lava blocks is somewhat obsolete, and as our past TNT Director KingSam said, we would not have anything shooting out lava in Premium TNT. That's for Classic TNT, and Classic only.

2. Even if this get's implemented, when you say the turret bullet should travel sideways until it hits something, this means that it could be fired towards a team's spawn.

I can't see how shooting mortars can be op, especially when they're hard to use.
Actually, shooting mortars is easy. Place the mortar, and don't get into the radius of the mortar block when it lands on the ground, or if hits the ceiling.

Really, I believe that turrets shouldn't make an appearance on this server.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Basically what ChoasLego said, weapons shooting lava can't work because of their physics on Premium and also they could cause lag for the fact that it can keep "traveling until it hits something." Also since the lava can spread, it'll make maps hard to run/walk by because of people having the possibility of spamming these turrets. Turrets could also burn maps that have wood like FFA-TwoTowers and make it a hard time to fight on this map and others.

For the movement of how it shoots, I'm not really sure about that because we don't have rockets in Premium TNT. :p

For it being able to get blown up by explosions, what if someone strategically placed it so no one could disable it or people being "scared" by seeing the lava. Lava also sets off TNT of how it'd normally set off rather than how Premium TNT does.

EDIT: I don't see this really being added in as well unless there was something to replace the lava and change a bit how it would work when placed.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I'm guessing the first answer would be "TURRET IS TOO OP." I already thought of a way to have a turret in TNT wars without making it op. The turret should be 2 blocks tall with a team color on top and bricks underneath. You just have to place the brick and the color should automatically be on top. The turret shoots 1 block of lava that keeps traveling until it hits something. Once the individual lava bullet hits something, the turret is allowed to shoot again. The bullet should not travel faster than the rocket. The bullet can be destroyed by explosions. The bullet should only travel side ways and should never travel up or down. The turret should not shoot up or down either but it can shoot anywhere else around it.. The turret can be destroyed by the opposite team. The turret can be destroyed with explosions. The turret have a range of 7 blocks. The turret should NOT have any upgrades, but if it did have upgrades, it should shoot mortar bullets. I can't see how shooting mortars can be op, especially when they're hard to use.

You might be able to do this in premium, but instead of lava of course, maybe what cannons shoot? Sort of like every 2/3 seconds it would, as it'd travel faster then the Lava mentioned. Also TNT Wars Classic has been closed for awhile now, so did you mean this for Premium?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

You might be able to do this in premium, but instead of lava of course, maybe what cannons shoot? Sort of like every 2/3 seconds it would, as it'd travel faster then the Lava mentioned. Also TNT Wars Classic has been closed for awhile now, so did you mean this for Premium?

Maybe blaze fireball, texture modified a bit for turrer maybe, could be a better animation, as it would be impossible to se the difference if some animation was used :p

Reactions: Pikmon2

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I had an idea similar to this.
It would be a dispenser atop iron bars or a cobble wall. It would have a team coloured carpet on top, and a button on the back. The button would cause the turret to explode. The turret can fire in a across a radius of about 180 degrees. It shoots firecharges or snowballs or something at regular intervals, which also explode like grenade upon impact. It wouldn't be overly cheap, as it can cover a decent area, and can only be dismantled from behind. I reckon it could make the game kinda fun, as long as they are implemented right