Declined TTT Moderator Application Jimmy

Jimmy 2

Reaction score
What is your steam username/ID (use http://steamidfinder.com/)?

STEAM_0:0:50699867

What timezone are you in?

GMT+2

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, what?

Yes, but a bit outdated I’d say. I was a moderator for several Counter Strike 1.6 servers, which included Umbrella Swarm, Deathrun mods and normal Counter Strike server. I was a moderator for a while quite some time ago and since then I haven’t tried applying anywhere else as I did not really have a settled server to stay.

How often are you able to play on the server?

Whenever there’s people on the server which usually starts around 3-4pm till 1-3am GMT+2 time. Of course there are breaks between.

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator?

The main reason which got me thinking about applying is that I play a lot after midnight when almost always the admins are offline and the server becomes really chaotic. Other reasons include server improvement in the sense of content, unforeseen issues and keeping the server in check.

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?

Active within the server and outside of it (forums, events, searching for improvements and suggestions). Having objective judgement in handling reports and lastly being someone who would enjoy the game with others without interfering too much with the gameplay.

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator?

Being equal to everyone and not taking favors. Flexible time on server – can supervise the server when other admins are offline in the evenings and night. I am interested in adding new content for the server from the workshop. I am not immature and do not like playing around with responsibilities that are given to and prefer myself and others sticking to the rules while maintaining a decent relationship with the community, the players and the staff. 100+ hours on the server, thus I know how most of the things work there from what I observed.

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are?
Pro’s:

Flexible time management
Objective thinking and judgement
Not too fast to make a report decision as hearing from both sides and checking facts would come first
I would take my responsibilities and what is expected from me seriously and would take feedback into consideration for my further actions.

Con’s:
I sometimes feel that my opinion is not that influential and important, thus, I might withhold it sometimes which can affect my actions as a part of the staff.

Do you have anything else you would like to say?

I await your feedback on which I can evaluate myself and looking forward to the final decision.

Regards,

Jimmy

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Hi Jimmy, just gonna put in my usual Aqua breakdown of what I think c:
1)As per usual, mod experience good to have some not needed tho, you fill out this department. done.
2)Although I haven't seen you personally on the server, according to game tracker you have over 100 hours on the server, so I just assume you've played a lot recently or I've just been unlucky.
3)I'm not sure what you mean by "improving the server in terms of content", as this is vary vague and has nothing to do with moderation at all from perspective. If you mean coming up with events or even getting models or items added, you don't need to be a mod to do so. Likewise the "keeping the server in check" is both vague and a bit worrying, as staff you shouldn't enforce the rules to an extent where you keep it "in check", you should try and keep a fun friendly atmosphere, only getting involved if a report is made or if there is clear drama. I would appreciate if you would improve this part especially.
4)As I said before, everything listed in the brackets of what a mods responsibilities are, aren't really specifically for mods and aren't a duty, if people what a fun event or a new weapon, they'll ask, you don't need to be a mod specifically for that. Likewise, I'd say you should clarify on "without interfering too much with the gameplay." as this again is very vague, and also doesn't fit in with mod responsibilities as it should be a friendly place, and "without interfering" seems rather cold.
5) Again for the above. Also, the way you phrase this is a bit off putting to me as it again makes you seem a bit too serious for being moderator of a TTT server, it should be fun, not disciplined, especially as you said, you've observed a lot from the staff in your 100 hours, which surprises me how you haven't noticed the rest of the staff slapping for a joke or messing around.
6) Pro's fine, again should probably chill a bit.
7) seems very specific, are you sure you don't have more general flaws?
8) Sorry fo rthe wait and thank you for the well structured app, I personally think maybe you should wait a bit and try and "observe" the staff a bit more, as, although you have the makings of a good mod, you seem a bi ttoo serious, which could cause unneeded issue.

Thanks and goodluck :)

-Aqua

Jimmy 2

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy, just gonna put in my usual Aqua breakdown of what I think c:
1)As per usual, mod experience good to have some not needed tho, you fill out this department. done.
2)Although I haven't seen you personally on the server, according to game tracker you have over 100 hours on the server, so I just assume you've played a lot recently or I've just been unlucky.
3)I'm not sure what you mean by "improving the server in terms of content", as this is vary vague and has nothing to do with moderation at all from perspective. If you mean coming up with events or even getting models or items added, you don't need to be a mod to do so. Likewise the "keeping the server in check" is both vague and a bit worrying, as staff you shouldn't enforce the rules to an extent where you keep it "in check", you should try and keep a fun friendly atmosphere, only getting involved if a report is made or if there is clear drama. I would appreciate if you would improve this part especially.
4)As I said before, everything listed in the brackets of what a mods responsibilities are, aren't really specifically for mods and aren't a duty, if people what a fun event or a new weapon, they'll ask, you don't need to be a mod specifically for that. Likewise, I'd say you should clarify on "without interfering too much with the gameplay." as this again is very vague, and also doesn't fit in with mod responsibilities as it should be a friendly place, and "without interfering" seems rather cold.
5) Again for the above. Also, the way you phrase this is a bit off putting to me as it again makes you seem a bit too serious for being moderator of a TTT server, it should be fun, not disciplined, especially as you said, you've observed a lot from the staff in your 100 hours, which surprises me how you haven't noticed the rest of the staff slapping for a joke or messing around.
6) Pro's fine, again should probably chill a bit.
7) seems very specific, are you sure you don't have more general flaws?
8) Sorry fo rthe wait and thank you for the well structured app, I personally think maybe you should wait a bit and try and "observe" the staff a bit more, as, although you have the makings of a good mod, you seem a bi ttoo serious, which could cause unneeded issue.

Thanks and goodluck :)

-Aqua
A game's a game, doubt I would change to a grumpy geezer haha, thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Aqua

prime105

prime
Reaction score
Hello jimmy,
I'll go with a 0 because (Why do you want to be a TTT moderator? Other reasons include server improvement in the sense of content, unforeseen issues and keeping the server in check.) because I don't know what you mean with that and also (What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator? Can supervise the server when other admins are offline in the evenings and night. I am interested in adding new content for the server from the workshop.) i also don't think that's what a moderator is supposed to do but mkay xD still your strong points and the time you can play on the server seem really good so ill go with a 0

Pika Pika

Reaction score
Hey jimmy and thanks for the app, when i fix my computer i will hopefully see a lot more of you, however from what i have seen of you you seem like a nice person. I like how you are saying you have flexible time but i would say only play if you really want to don't think you have to be on all the time :)), it's also good that you have staffing experience on other servers. All in all ima give you a [BCOLOR=#000000]+1[/BCOLOR], hope you get a chance.

• Optimistic

EpicTehMovie

Reaction score
i am going to give you a 0 because i don't feel like you have somthing really special to be moderator.

• Optimistic

fly

Reaction score
I think you worked very hard on this app and I'm pleased with it, but you seem to be too serious about it. Moderating is quite serious at times, but it's mainly about keeping a fun atmosphere for players, but you seem to be focusing mostly on the serious side of it.
I see you loads on the server and you have good on time, as well as being friendly with pretty much everyone, which is a great quality :)
I'm going to give you a +1, but leaning more towards a 0. Perhaps think more into what makes a moderator? Looking less on the serious side.

Reaction score
Nice mod application, you put a lot of effort in it which is good. But on the other hand, you seem to be always on the background in the server, i dont really see you interacting with the community (maybe i'm wrong about this though) and i think an moderator needs to have that connection. also you say that your main reason that you want to be a moderator because you are active late at night when other admins are gone, of course that might be a good thing, but normally when there are no holidays and people need to go to work / school your quality won't really help out much in the server, maybe try to think of another reason why you want to be a moderator so that you stand out more from the rest.

Unfortunately i'm going for a -1

Best of luck with the application!

Love,

KJ

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aika and Mac are away so everyone has replied now.

Hey Jimmy, thanks for applying.

So as you can see, you've had quite a mixture of responses, and the general vibe is an unsure one. However, you clearly put a lot of effort into your application and it's very well written so thank you for that. I think you're a great guy, you're active, friendly, not a trouble-causer, and whilst, as KJ said, you're quiet, you still interact with people and certainly aren't unapproachable in my opinion. However, as some others have pointed out, unfortunately your application slightly misses the mark on some things. First off, as has already been mentioned, some of the things you've mentioned as being part of a moderator's responsibility aren't really true; moderators don't have access to the server files so adding new content isn't part of being a moderator, and anyone can suggest things to be added. Also, as has already been said too, I think it kind of comes across as you being a bit too strict with the rules and having an attitude of "You MUST stick to the rules no matter what," which isn't really what we're looking for in a moderator. We're looking for someone to keep things fun, and if rules are broken and nobody cares it's fine.

What's unfortunate about this is that from what I've personally seen of you, the way you come across on your application contradicts with what you appear to really be like in-game. You seem to me to be perfectly capable of chilling and understanding that a game's a game and not everything has to be taken seriously, so it's a shame this didn't quite come across on your application, which is where you need to show that attitude to everyone and convince us that you understand that.

So whilst I personally think you are a great potential moderator, this application is going to have to be denied due to the unsure responses of the staff and the reasons above. However, I strongly urge you to re-apply in the future. In-game you're a great guy and I think you just need to work on your understanding of a moderator's responsibilities and make it clear to us that you understand that the primary role of a moderator is to keep things fun, and not to demand everyone to strictly adhere to the rules all the time. In my opinion it was just the application itself that let you down, but from what I've seen of you in-game I really think you have potential.

So, with all that said, unfortunately this application is denied. Feel free to re-apply in two weeks time.

Last edited: