Declined TTT Moderator application jaku

jaku

Reaction score
What is your steam username/ID (use http://steamidfinder.com/)?
jaku STEAM_0:1:59859532

What timezone are you in?
GMT+1

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, what?
None.

How often are you able to play on the server?
A lot. I have way too much free time on my hands, but on a more serious note, I am able to play from 5pm to 10pm all days of the week.

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator?
I wish to be a TTT moderator because I love TTT communities. Playing TTT alone, with random people is something I find kind of boring. There was a server I used to play on a long time ago(probably 2 or 3 years ago now) that I devoted 200 to 300 hours of playtime to. I'm ready to devote a lot of hours to this server and I want to be a mod for everyones well-being.

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?
More than anything, the most important part of being a moderator is being a great salesman. If there's no one playing on the server, you won't be able to slay people for rdming or other offenses. You need to be kind, welcome people that join, be fair and understanding towards both the victim and the offender in a RDM-case and of course rule out judgement on wrongdoers without exceptions. You also need to understand the gamemode fully.

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator?
I am popular, friendly and I value justice and the well-being of people. I have a lot of experience with TTT as I have 300 to 400 hours of playtime on the gamemode and almost 800 hours in total.

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are?
+ I'm popular with the community even though I'm new to the server (I only have 24 hours of playtime and I've only been here for about a week)
+ I know what it means to be a moderator
+ I am mature and understanding
+ I can and will play a lot on the server
+ I am a quick learner (to make up for my lack of experience in moderating)
+ I don't have any significant problems like anger issues or lack of seriousness
- I have no experience
- I am a bit lazy

Do you have anything else you would like to say?
Not really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Oke Doke friend, I'll just post a few of my thoughts and let the rest of the pleb team do their job:

1) As per usual staffing experience is useful but not mandatory, having "none" is pretty surprising since most people have a little experience, but non-the-less, it isn't needed so don't worry
2)
What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?
More than anything, the most important part of being a moderator is being a great salesman. If there's no one playing on the server, you won't be able to slay people for rdming or other offenses. You need to be kind, welcome people that join, be fair and understanding towards both the victim and the offender in a RDM-case and of course rule out judgement on wrongdoers without exceptions. You also need to gamemode fully
I'm not sure what to think about this as yes this si 100% the right attitude to have, it seems somewhat "cliché", as in you've written out the perfect "cardboard cutout" answer of what we want to hear rather than what you believe yourself, which could be the same thing, but nvm.
3)I think your qualities are perfectly in order so I don't have much to criticise there, it could do with a bit more "context" as well as how strict you are/confident with dealing with people like the Reel_paceboyzx, but still pretty good.
4) Porbably could add a bit more to your weaknesses, but your strengths seem good.
5) gl, I hope you get a trial :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jaku

jaku

Reaction score
Oke Doke friend, I'll just post a few of my thoughts and let the rest of the pleb team do their job:

1) As per usual staffing experience is useful but not mandatory, having "none" is pretty surprising since most people have a little experience, but non-the-less, it isn't needed so don't worry
2)

I'm not sure what to think about this as yes this si 100% the right attitude to have, it seems somewhat "cliché", as in you've written out the perfect answer of what we want to hear rather than what you believe yourself, which could be the same thing, but nvm.
3)I think your qualities are perfectly in order so I don't have much to criticise there, it could do with a bit more "context" as well as how strict you are/confident with dealing with people like the Reel_paceboyzx, but still pretty good.
4) Porbably could add a bit more to your weaknesses, but your strengths seem good.
5) gl, I hope you get a trial :)
Thanks ;)

fly

Reaction score
Wow, you really put work and detail into your application, you show good qualities that a moderator should have and I'm very pleased at the outlook you have to being a moderator and what it's all about.
Although you're only a regular on the server, you seem to get a long with a lot of people and don't tend to pick fights, which is obviously very good.
I'm going to give you a +1, I'm glad you applied :)

EpicTehMovie

Reaction score
As fly said you have put alot of effort on the application, you seem like your a great person from what i have seen from you so im going with a +1.
its leaning towards a 0 because your new but im giving you the benefit of the doubt.

• Thank You

prime105

prime
Reaction score
Well here comes my most primiest opinion ready? XD
I will give a 0 because I've got some doubt about some things >> (I wish to be a TTT moderator because I love TTT communities. Playing TTT alone, with random people is something I find kind of boring.) sometimes you have to play with the most random people and also (More than anything, the most important part of being a moderator is being a great salesman. If there's no one playing on the server, you won't be able to slay people for rdming or other offenses. You need to be kind, welcome people that join, ) I think you always have to be kind to people the new and the old ones
but I've also seen your strong points and that's why ill stick with a 0.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
jaku

Okay I know others are yet to respond but I've been doing some thinking and I came to the conclusion that I don't think it's a good idea that you be put on Trial just yet.

I know I know, inb4 another "DOWN WITH TTT'S BOURGEOISIE!" but after seeing you get into a kind of scuffle/incident with someone on the server and handling it rather immaturity I really don't think you're ready to be a moderator just yet and I think it would be wrong to put you on trial after that as it worries me that you'll be dealing with people in the same way, which isn't great for a potential moderator. Apologies to the other staff who voted, I know it's bad that I'm just making the decision here myself again and I hate doing it but I saw an incident which I don't think you guys did and so I think it's best I stop this application now rather than waiting for Pika Pika to vote, most likely ending up with an overall positive score of +2, putting him on trial and being reluctant to accept it anyway because of how I saw him deal with a situation.

Another thing that worries me is that you haven't been here for long. You have a fair amount of ontime but you're still relatively new to the community and I think it's a good idea for you to stick around a bit longer first so everyone can get to know you better because otherwise we might miss certain traits of your personality that would only come out later, like the incident that occurred between you and the other person.

Another thing that's been worrying me is what prime mentioned (and I'm glad he mentioned it because nobody else seemed to notice it so I was worried I was misinterpreting it). Your response to the question "What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?" being
"More than anything, the most important part of being a moderator is being a great salesman. If there's no one playing on the server, you won't be able to slay people for rdming or other offenses." worries me personally. It sounds as though you believe moderators should be primarily concerned with getting new players on the server so that they are able to slay them. Please understand that the role of a moderator is primarily to keep things fun for everyone, not just new players, and certainly not just to entice new players to join so that you have people to punish. I'm not sure if you just wrote this wrong and didn't mean for it to come off as this but just in case I figured I'd point it out.

I think it's clear you have potential Jaku, since the others have expressed positivity toward you, but after reflecting on what happened with that incident I really think it's the best decision to deny this for now and allow you to mature and stick around for a bit longer first before re-applying. Apologies again fly and EpicTehMovie for seemingly ignoring your votes, it's just I understand you guys obviously missed something which I witnessed.

Anyway you're a great guy jaku, but I don't think you're ready for moderator yet, and I think it would be wrong and unfair to put you on trial after seeing you rather immaturely deal with someone, combined with the concerns with your application above mentioned by me and prime.

Application denied. Feel free to re-apply in two weeks time.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua