Declined TTT Moderator Applcation Blue Guy

Red Guy

Reaction score
What is your steam username/ID (use http://steamidfinder.com/)?

My Steam username/ID is: STEAM_0:0:47531630

What timezone are you in?

UTC +1

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, what?

I had my own Minecraft Server, with a friend of mine 2 years ago with a Community of 10-15 People, i had it for a couple of Months, but then my Friend decided to leave the Server, and all the things he had to do fell on my Shoulder, so a few weeks after he left, the Server got shut down completly by me. This was the only Experience i had in being a Staff/Admin.

How often are you able to play on the server?

I am able to play 3-4 hours from Monday-Thursday and 5 or more hours on Weekends, but from the 30th May-16th June 2016 I am not able to play as much because of my final Exams.

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator?

I am a big Fan of the Gamemode and the Escape Restart Community i have over 250 hours Experience in TTT and a Playtime of 2 Days and 8 Hours on the Escape Restart TTT Server and it would give me more possibilities on the Escape Restart TTT Community and i would be able to help the Admins with Problems like harrassing Players, searching for new Content and helping to grow the Community that we all love.

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?

Punishing the Player's who harras/ruin the Game looking for new Things that could be added on the Server and creating a bigger bond with those who reguarly play on the Server and of Course helping those out who are having some kind of issue with the Game.

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator?

I have a decent amount of Experience in TTT and Adminstration most People know me on the TTT Server and i am Friends with a few Player's and Admin's of the Server (KJelles the Camel, Crosz, wulfie, fly, Paigek5, Chandler Bing and Prime105) these are the Things that make me suitable for being a TTT moderator.

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are?

My biggest Strength is that I have alot of Playtime/Experience in TTT/on the Server, I have made Friends with Player's and Admin's, I had build a Community and held it for a decent amount of Time. I take Time for the Community even besides playing on the Server.

My biggest Weakness is that i have somedays where i am very busy and can't concentrate on the Server because i have to help with something in the House/i have School, sometimes i can be immature (write/talk inappropriate things), but otherwise i do not do inappropriate/immature things.

Do you have anything else you would like to say?

It is the first Time i met a Community Online that is so nice and fun to play with.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Pika Pika

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
1) Your experience: From what I see your experience in staffing is somewhat limited, a small minecraft community isn't much to go by. That being said normally we wouldn't judge you based on experience alone, but on the other issues I am about to discuss:
2)your reasons for wanting to become a mod seem, to me at least, /underwhelming/. Wanting to help the community is something everybody who plays TTT should do, and your other stated reasons don't need you to be mod to accomplish.
3)How you've acted in my eyes: from what I've seen of you (from the forums) you seem to be incapable of doing... things. I mean as I've previously said, ur actions have made me cringe so much on the forums. E.G the fact you failed to play a game where you post a number higher than the previous person boggles my mind and if you cant stick to rules such as that, how could you stick to TTT's moderator rules?
4)your strengths and weaknesses are worthless to say the least. Having friends on the server doesn't make you good staffing material and having a life outside of TTT doesn't make you bad. For me that area is the make or break part of the app, and you failed it. =/
5) the lenny face.

Reactions: Mastersten and fly

Red Guy

Reaction score
1) Your experience: From what I see your experience in staffing is somewhat limited, a small minecraft community isn't much to go by. That being said normally we wouldn't judge you based on experience alone, but on the other issues I am about to discuss:
2)your reasons for wanting to become a mod seem, to me at least, /underwhelming/. Wanting to help the community is something everybody who plays TTT should do, and your other stated reasons don't need you to be mod to accomplish.
3)How you've acted in my eyes: from what I've seen of you (from the forums) you seem to be incapable of doing... things. I mean as I've previously said, ur actions have made me cringe so much on the forums. E.G the fact you failed to play a game where you post a number higher than the previous person boggles my mind and if you cant stick to rules such as that, how could you stick to TTT's moderator rules?
4)your strengths and weaknesses are worthless to say the least. Having friends on the server doesn't make you good staffing material and having a life outside of TTT doesn't make you bad. For me that area is the make or break part of the app, and you failed it. =/
5) the lenny face.
ok Thanks for the feedback ^^ i'll change my behaviour on the Forum i know that my previous behaviour wasn't the best and i didn't really know the rules i got a bit to excited about the 100 game and thats why i didn't really pay attention to the rules of the game i will try my best to become a better Forum member and again thanks for the long and in detail feedback!

Reactions: Aqua

MacTarvish

Reaction score
Thanks for applying, Blue Guy.

To be honest, I was a bit confused. I thought we had a guy named blue guy, and a player named red guy on the server, and it turns out they were both you.....

I don't know you that well, I do see you on the server though and you generally seem like an okay guy. I think what a bunch of people miss when applying for mod is that you're supposed to be stating things that could potentially affect the server. For example: What Aqua said about your Strengths and weaknesses. Now if you were to say that your strengths are that you are friendly and very active, that could make a difference. But saying things that refer to your on-time or the amount of people you know does not really help us to gauge you.
A weakness should also be something that could potentially make you slip up on the server. Things like being immature from time to time. Now this is something that could effect the players on.

There is always room to grow, and the mere fact that you applied and responded to Aqua's criticism in a way that shows you are willing to learn from here goes to show that you have a certain maturity about you and that you have potential.

It's going to be a -1 from me. At least for now, I don't think you're ready.

Good luck :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Red Guy

Red Guy

Reaction score
Thanks for applying, Blue Guy.

To be honest, I was a bit confused. I thought we had a guy named blue guy, and a player named red guy on the server, and it turns out they were both you.....

I don't know you that well, I do see you on the server though and you generally seem like an okay guy. I think what a bunch of people miss when applying for mod is that you're supposed to be stating things that could potentially affect the server. For example: What Aqua said about your Strengths and weaknesses. Now if you were to say that your strengths are that you are friendly and very active, that could make a difference. But saying things that refer to your on-time or the amount of people you know does not really help us to gauge you.
A weakness should also be something that could potentially make you slip up on the server. Things like being immature from time to time. Now this is something that could effect the players on.

There is always room to grow, and the mere fact that you applied and responded to Aqua's criticism in a way that shows you are willing to learn from here goes to show that you have a certain maturity about you and that you have potential.

It's going to be a -1 from me. At least for now, I don't think you're ready.

Good luck :)
Thank you MacTarvish this is my first Admin Application i wrote and there are some faults in it i will try to write/edit an Applcation so that it is more clearer and better expressed, so Thank you MacTarvish and everyone that tries to help me becomming a better Member!

prime105

prime
Reaction score
I will go with a 0 because im not sure about it i can see that you have experience on being a moderator but your strength doesn't really speak to me + i am Friends with a few Player's and Admin's of the Server (KJelles the Camel, Crosz, wulfie, fly, Paigek5, Chandler Bing) ;-; im forgotten again xD

with a few Player's and Admin's of the Server (KJelles the Camel, Crosz, wulfie, fly, Paigek5, Chandler Bing and Prime105)

yaaay :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pika Pika

Reaction score
Ima have to [BCOLOR=#000000]0 [/BCOLOR] purely because i can't play much because my power supply is dying, which of course mean i can't see much of new players, im sorry about that :/

Red Guy

Reaction score
Ima have to [BCOLOR=#000000]0 [/BCOLOR] purely because i can't play much because my power supply is dying, which of course mean i can't see much of new players, im sorry about that :/
hopefully it will get better

Xebakyr

Reaction score
Website
www.WTFisThisForXD.com
RIP Pikas power supply. Whenever - 2016. Hope you get a new power supply.

I know the voting doesn't concern me yet so pls don't kill me for posting here pls xD

Last edited by a moderator:

fly

Reaction score
Well, Blue Guy, I can see that you've had experience in the past, which helps slightly, but isn't the pure focus of the application (experience isn't important if you know what do to/catch on fast). I'm slightly worried about the way you've put across your points, especially your strengths and weaknesses. Everyone on the server is friendly with each other (except the occasional rule breaker), being friends with players isn't a strength. Your weakness is also practically useless when it comes to being an admin, every has days when they're busy, it's because we all have things going on our life outside of Gmod. Even though Aqua isn't an admin anymore, he clearly pointed out the negative things in your application and I agree on them.
However, I can tell that you want to at least try to have a chance, so maybe re-do or chang your application, stop causing confusion on the server and think about things before putting them together.
I'm going to give you a 0, unfortunately leaning more towards a -1.

• Thank You

EpicTehMovie

Reaction score
i am going with a 0 because i don't really think there is somthing "special" about you that would make a good staff mayby if i see you blink out in some things in the server that it will become a +1 .

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aika won't be responding to this as she's been away, so all the staff have now responded. So...

Hi Red Guy, thanks for applying!

First off, the others made some really great points about the quality of your application; with this we want to get to know you and how your personality could affect the way you moderate the server, so your strengths and weaknesses must relate to that. But I can see you've edited your application and improved your application so good job on that. Like Mac said, just the mere fact that you're willing to take on board feedback and alter your application really shows you care, which is great to see.

Unfortunately, however, you've not done so well with the scores, as you can see. Personally I have to agree with Mac, I don't think you're quite ready for moderator just yet, but I'm confident that if you keep up this attitude and willingness to improve then you will be ready in the future. I think taking some time to reflect on what you've learnt with this application and mature before re-applying would be a good idea. Also, just remember that the primary goal for moderators is to keep things fun. The way you worded your response to "What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?", writing "Punishing the Player's who harras/ruin the Game", didn't quite hit the mark on that for me, and kind of made it seem like you're just in the mindset of 'I must punish" without quite understanding why, rather than "I must do my best to keep the server fun, and if that means punishing people to stop them from ruining that fun, then that's what I'll have to do." This might be me being picky or misinterpreting your sentence though, so apologies if that's true. I just want to make sure you're clear on the reason why we punish people.

Anyway, you're a genuinely nice guy, you're active on the server and you definitely have potential, but I and the others don't think you're quite ready for moderator yet, so unfortunately:

Application Denied. Feel free to re-apply in two weeks time.

• Agree
  • Thank You
Reactions: Aqua and Red Guy