Status
Not open for further replies.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
In Game Name: superstein
Staff references(Staff role+): None.
Time spent on the server: Not applicable.
Other server ranks (present and past):
Current TNT Operator,
Past TNT Trusted and A&T Guide (equivalent of Operator).
TeamSpeak: Yes.
IRC: Yes.
How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for:
An Operator's job would be to keep balance and peace in the server, while moderating in a certain way that allows the server to keep its appeal and make sure the players have fun. The jobs that I'd be responsible for while an Elysium staff member are, as far as I've been told about the server, investigating grief, settling out arguments, helping out new players in as many ways as possible and dealing with appeals, weekly voting and staff applications. Much as an amusement park "operator" would keep an attraction running, I would do the same with the server. My rank as an Operator would be best described as keeping the element of freedom to the players but stopping them immediately if that element of freedom is abused.
Tell us about your experience as a Operator:
As a current Operator on TNT, I've had to deal with hackers a lot, which is something that has come up too many times in premium minecraft, and with this experience I might be able to deal with the situations better. As a TNT Operator, I have also learned how to act fast and use my commands in such a way to take over a situation and forcefully close it as quick as possible. With a job as a Classic Operator, many of the rules are to be made up by you, and bent in a certain way that helps to moderate, something that with a server like a SMP where "rules are just obstacles to try to get around," it would help me deal with situations much better. In my experience on A&T I've dealt with trolls, and hackers alike and I've come to have a sharp eye for them. I've also set up tournaments and hosted some myself, which will help with the countless events that SMP hosts and hopefully my ideas for them will be put to good use if I get the rank of Operator. I understand the line between a premium server, and a classic server, and how both run. During my experience on A&T, I helped new players by playing maps with them, introducing them to the commands, or just talking to them and I feel that if I did the same on Elysium it would make for a successful server with a loyal playerbase, which is a goal that every server tries to achieve.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words:
I am a player who wants to help in every aspect possible - I like to help out as much as possible and work on projects affiliated with the server. I try to be as friendly as possible and don't do something as deny a reference without providing examples of my problems with them, and give them ways they can improve on things. I always abide by the rules, and know my limits of how I can have fun while at the same time following the rules. If I get accepted, I'll hop right in the server and begin staffing and helping players know the server, using all of my resources.
Thank you for reading, and I hope that I can be considered for this exciting new opportunity, and I wish all other applicants the best of luck.
-superstein

Status
Not open for further replies.