Trusted Rules, Guidlines, and Tips

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Trusted Rules, Guidelines, and Tips

Rules:

1. You are a Zombie [Trusted]. You are not above the /rules, nor is any operator. Do not let the title go to your head. You represent Blocktopia, make us proud!

2. You are training to become an operator. Use this time to learn your powers responsibly, do not be afraid of them.

3. If you /warn or /kicks, the rule breaking must be confirmed by you, DO NOT take the players word for it.

4. All warns kicks and must have a reason.
Example: /warn player01 @2 /kick player03 @4
5. All verbal warns need a /warn name @# and vice versa.

6. If you are helping a player play the game, please make your instructions clear: Address the player, and then explain.

Example (clear): Player08: am i human TrustedPlayer+: Player08, You can check your status by typing /me.

Notice: the trusted+ player addressed the person first, and used the word /me last. This will help in getting there attention, and if you use /me last in the sentence you will avoid confusion.

Example (confusion): Player08: am i human TrustedPlayer+: Player08, type /me to see if your a zombie. Player08 to see if your a zombie*

Guidelines:

We have a WKKB system. This means you /warn /kick /kick /ban.

This is to be used as a guideline. It is meant as a measuring tool if you are not confident when someone deserves a /kick or /ban. If they are a new player, you can check with /timeonline playername, then /warn is fine. If they had a warning to follow the /rules, and they break them, then its fine to /kick them. If you noticed that they consistently break the /rules, regardless of /kick then, please write there name down and tell an operator+. The operator+ will watch them and determine if they need to be banned.

Tips:

1. While you do have the [Trusted] title it is not a rank, You are in training to be an operator. Watch operators, see how they respond in situations. Do not be afraid to use your powers, focus your time on learning how to use them responsibly. This will ensure that the time you spend as [Trusted] is as short as possible.

2. The role of an operator is to teach a player how to play fairly, and enjoy the game, try to have that in mind as you play.

3. Be patient, players learn best when you are patient with them.

4. Be friendly​
-We're not cops, we're regular people just like a guest or rulebreaker.​
-Whether it's a regular (Like Maxx, for example) or a final-warn rulebreaker, treat them with respect equally. Just cos they have a specific status, doesn't mean one deserves to be treated like a god while the other is treated like an outcast on the server.​
-TL;DR: Make them feel welcome, regardless who they are.​

Worstever

Reaction score
Great guide Jowe, I will be sure to keep this in mind, but I have one question for clarifying purposes. You said "All verbal warns need a /warn name @#". So no matter if they're new or if it was something relatively minor you always use /warn and never start with a verbal warning and then a /warn if something happens again? Just trying to make sure I understand here.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
The order isn't important, it is important that you get used to doing both. As you progress, you'll find a style that fits you.

A verbal warning is = to a /warn - Pre-warning warns aren't very effective.

We just don't want anyone to just /warn someone and walk away. Verbal interaction is necessary to help players understand the /rules.

It is also useful to /warn for our records such as rep and warninglevel. Doing both is optimal.

Hope that answers your question Worstever!

Tarno

Reaction score
Question: If you are (or were) a trusted for 6 months in a row, does it mean you are bad at staffing, or even just being a [Trusted]?

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Question: If you are (or were) a trusted for 6 months in a row, does it mean you are bad at staffing, or even just being a [Trusted]?
While there will always be varying factors to why someone isn't promoted, If you are making sure to improve yourself as a trusted, and constantly learn how to become an operator. You will make sure your time spent as trusted is minimal.

To answer your question - It is my experience that people who have very long trusted periods stop improving themselves at some point. ( but then again, if they are made OP - that means at another point they started improving again)

PS. You were only Trusted for about 3-4 months, I can only think of two people that went on for 5 months. Because 2.0 was released September - October and you were promoted around Christmas.

Tarno

Reaction score
Jowe said:
PS. You were only Trusted for about 3-4 months, I can only think of two people that went on for 5 months. Because 2.0 was released September - October and you were promoted around Christmas.
yeahyeah but i resigned after a month and re-applied ^^, great info btw

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
The uh, part that said "/ban [player] [too many /rules broken] made me think Trusted can ban people now.
-I do believe Trusted can mute still, so I'd add that in if they can.
I'd like to put in a little tidbit myself, as well.

-Be friendly​
-We're not cops, we're regular people just like a guest or rulebreaker.​
-Whether it's a regular (Like Maxx, for example) or a final-warn rulebreaker, treat them with respect equally. Just cos they have a specific status, doesn't mean one deserves to be treated like a god while the other is treated like an outcast on the server.​
TL;DR: Make them feel welcome, regardless who they are.​

Reactions: HypeBurst

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
Trusted's are able to mute now, I do not know when this was enacted but when I started my trial a couple days ago Avant included being able to /mute as well as /warn and /kick
It started off with trusteds not being able to mute, then it was set to trusted, it glitched out and was taken out until WinX was re-added it. It was added about a week ago

• Informative
Reactions: Nomasaurus