Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

Limerick is dutchi think.
A limerick is a form of poetry,[sup][1][/sup] especially one in five-line anapestic meter with a strict rhyme scheme (AABBA), which is sometimes obscene with humorous intent. The first two lines rhyme with the last line and the third and fourth line rhyme, and they are usually shorter. The form can be found in England as of the early years of the 18th century.[sup][2][/sup] It was popularized by Edward Lear in the 19th century,[sup][3][/sup] although he did not use the term.

The origin of the name limerick for this type of poem is debated. As of several years ago, its usage was first documented in England in 1898 (New English Dictionary) and in the United States in 1902, but in recent years several earlier uses have been documented. The name is generally taken to be a reference to the City or County of Limerick in Ireland[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] sometimes particularly to the Maigue Poets, and may derive from an earlier form of nonsense verse parlour game that traditionally included a refrain that included "Will [or won't] you come (up) to Limerick?"[sup][9][/sup]

So either England or the USA, but more likely England.
(obvious source)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I realise that this game has a ridiculous premise but I'd like to ask that you take the game seriously once I send out role PMs later today and the game begins.
A little fun doesn't hurt though, right? I mean, of course I'm not going to be derping around the whole game, but that doesn't mean we can't joke around at all, right?

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: Duffie and Timdood3

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I would rather the game be treated with the same level of respect as other Mafia games in this community. Joking is fine in moderation so long as it doesn't become the focus of the game.
Well that's basically like every mafia game, A tiny bit joking around, Not enough to ruin the mood.

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Mafia Experience: I was in the Supernatural Hotel and Bloody Masquerade. I also play a fair bit of EpicMafia.
Oops. I seem to have forgotten you :l

Greatest apologies, this will not happen again. You have priority over all other replacements who signed up if/when we need one. Again, my mistake.

@Samlen / @Sephhh

Are you willing to allow Mmarz to possibly take your place?

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I still think I'd like to play, I know Mafia to be an enjoyable experience and the more chaos the better =D
If this game fills up full enough, then I'll be willing to let one of the more experienced players try this game and I'll try out your game
It was a signup error on my part and I missed out Mmarz.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I feel a certain excitement in my bones that we can start this game soon. As much as I love hosting, I love playing just as much!

I'll be making some gunpowder to shoot dem pirate scum to da moon!

Did they still make gunpowder in the wild west? Gosh I have no clue about the setting. I better watch some movies now to prepare :D

Status
Not open for further replies.