Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
TROUBLE IN THE WEST: PIRATES VS COWBOYS
I give you a warm welcome to Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys - hosted by Prizyms and @Alpha102. This will be a fully themed game with a stupidly written overarching narrative. It will also be the most surreal game we have ever hosted, and we hope to see many others enjoy this weird and wonderful adventure. The game will start shortly after signups are filled.

SETUP
I will be using a 20-player closed setup with far too many curveballs thrown in. Many of the roles are wildly different to what you will find in average Mafia games with some having dormant abilities triggered by certain conditions, unknown factors not specified in the role PM, or extreme strings attached in exchange for very real, very scary power. Be prepared for absolutely anything - this game cannot be approached like other games, and as such I would recommend that only players who feel they can cope with such a strange setup sign up. Fear not - the setup has been balanced to the best of Alpha102 and I's ability, and I suspect that all factions have a good chance to win. All roles will be given names and roleplay is freely encouraged.

RULES
Ten commandments of Mafia:

1. No editing or deleting posts.
  2. No posting if you're not alive in the game.
  3. No screenshotting/copying & pasting role or action PMs.
  4. No gaming the system (ciphers, bets, pre-game alliances).
  5. No gamethrowing.
  6. No discussing this game outside of the thread - this is a no-whisper setup.
  7. Do not use forum status (In a conversation, viewing thread etc) as a tool against somebody.
  8. Living players may not discuss the game amongst themselves unless alerting them about new posts.
  9. Do not use PM mechanics to prove a point.
  10. Do not attempt to lie to me or Alpha102. We are the hosts and expect full honesty.
MECHANICS
Role PMs with character names and backstories will be sent to all players. Voting will follow the standard procedures - half +1 to lynch, half to no-lynch. Voting will be done in bold at the end of a post.

vote Name / no lynch / unvote

SIGNUPS
Thanks guys - signups are now closed! The game will begin within 36 hours.

CURRENT PLAYERS
  1. Jeercrul
  2. GmK
  3. Nottykitten
  4. endersteve5
  5. Fiestaguy
  6. storm886
  7. ansoro2112
  8. Sploorky
  9. timdood3
  10. JKangaroo
  11. Ooglie101
  12. Samlen
  13. Duffie
  14. HypeBurst
  15. cooliorules
  16. Swate
  17. Old_Man_Oak_63
  18. digitalmez
  19. 77_is_the_best
  20. Jivvi
REPLACEMENTS
  1. myusername22
  2. std1997
  3. Sephhh

Last edited:

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Sorry somehow I missed the sign-up form when I read this off my phone...

[JUSTIFY]Signup Form - PvC[/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY]Timezone: Gmt -4[/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY]Mafia Experience: I've played 4 games of forum mafia now so I guess I'm slightly experienced also I have a very tiny bit of experience playing epicmafia [/JUSTIFY]

will this be alright? assuming I'm allowed to sign up as a replacement in the first place?

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry somehow I missed the sign-up form when I read this off my phone...

[JUSTIFY]Signup Form - PvC[/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY]Timezone: Gmt -4[/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY]Mafia Experience: I've played 4 games of forum mafia now so I guess I'm slightly experienced also I have a very tiny bit of experience playing epicmafia [/JUSTIFY]

will this be alright? assuming I'm allowed to sign up as a replacement in the first place?
I see no problem with signing up as a replacement - go ahead!

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Signup Form - PvC
Timezone: GMT +11
Mafia Experience: I've been a part of at least 3 to 4 mafia games.
Oh and yes I am Australian, you must not have realised @GmK on your last signup :p

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Signup Form - PvC
Timezone: Currently GMT +3
Mafia Experience: 5 games so far, in three of them I got pretty far. I consider myself experienced and believe I can handle the heat. Also, as a side note, I have never been a town role yet. If I would get a town role this time, that'd be great, but I'll make the best of any role I will get.

Reactions: Nottykitten

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
YAHRRR ALL ABOARD YE SCURVY LANDLUBBERS, WE BE SLAU'TERIN' THESE SCURRRVY DOG RIDERS WITH 'EIR FANCY MUSKETS

SOIN' ME UP PRIZYMS
PIRATE Form - PvC
Timezone: I BE LIVIN' IN YE OLDE HOME OF 'OSE VOC RICH SEAFARERS, YAHRRR (Aherm. +1:00 GMT Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris)
Mafia Experience: OI BE PLAYIN' THIS TRAITOROUS LITTLE SEAFARERS GAME FOR YE LONG 'OIME AND AM A PARRRRRTIALLY 'PERIENCED SEAFARER. YAHRRRRR (I played 2 seasons (A third one in progress on mafiascum forums ATM) and am semi-experienced,)

BRING THAI BOOZE TO YE DECK YE LANDLUBBERS.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I'd like to sign up as a replacement also.

Timezone: GMT -5
Mafia Experience: I've participated in Medieval Mafia, Supernatural Hotel, and Bloody Masquerade Ball so I've participated in at least 3 games of Mafia.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Sign me up!~
Timezone: Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone (GMT-10)
Mafia Experience: Mafia Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7; Mafia Lite 1, 2; Bloody Masquerade; Also have played many small, Mafia games between friends

Now that I have a feel for closed-set up, I am ready for anything! Can't wait to see all of the crazy roles you two have thought up. Seems like it will be a really Wild, Wild West out there... I hear there have been some... alien sightings this time of year. ;)

Goodluck everyone. \o/

Reactions: Timdood3
Status
Not open for further replies.