IC Travels of the Afterlife

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"How impossible? I've seen some impossible things happen in my life. Things that the majority of you wouldn't believe. Now I want you to tell me, Ellan, how many people have escaped and how did they do it." 4:57.

Cameron gave up the pretense of being friendly. Beating around the bush would get him nowhere. He had a matter of minutes to squeeze the last drops of information from this world.

Faliara

Reaction score
Rosa stared at Cameron in disbelief, shocked at the change of attitude. Wha-

"When I say impossible, I mean impossible. There is no way to get back to life. No matter how you got here, you're dead the moment you enter."

Faliara

Reaction score
Ellan gritted his teeth. "No one has succeeded in escaping, because there is no way. Once you're dead, you're dead."

4:59.

((Timdood3 Looking at it from a certain point of view, Ellan's beginning lie technically isn't a lie, if you consider 'afterlife' as a state of being and not the realm of the dead.))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"So you're telling me that in the trillions of people that have died throughout time, not a single one has managed to remove themselves from this place? What about peoples' experiences with the dead in the living world? Hundreds of thousands of people have seen hundreds of thousands of ghosts, apparitions, and everything else, and yet not a single one of them has left this place? Really? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that to be possibl-" 5:00.

~~~

Cameron found himself exactly where he expected to: The room in which they had conducted the ritual. He saw the other head cultists muttering something about it not working. "Yo, Simon, Andrew, I'm here, it worked." No response. Well, immediately, but one came, albeit a tentative one.

"Cam- Cameron?"

"In the flesh. . . Well, spirit. . . "

"It didn't work. You're not alive. Your spirit has not reunited with your body."

"It's good enough. I can tell you about the spirit world: There's-" 5:01.

~~~

Cameron was ejected from the world of the living back to the spirit world. And he was none to happy about it. The only thing keeping him contained was his own shock, not to mentioned the shocked stares of everyone else as he disappeared from before their eyes and reappeared a minute later.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
The girl looks between the two boys - Ellan and, well, she didn't really catch his name. They were arguing about whether you could leave the afterlife or not, when the other boy just vanishes. Lili looks around, astonished at his sudden disappearance. "Uhh..." she mutters, "Where did---" Her words are cut off as the boy reappears moments later, a shocked expression matching her own. She shook her head, blinking rapidly as if trying to clear her mind. "What."

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Cameron recovered quickly, not missing a beat. Well, maybe a few beats, but that's not the point.

"As I was saying, Ellan, I severely doubt that no one has ever left the afterlife." What the hell was that? The ritual brought me back, but then I was forced back? That's not to say I didn't leave, but I certainly wasn't resurrected.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"You've not answered my question yet." I suppose I didn't actually consider that this might not work. The only thing to do now is play it off. 5:02. Ha. Haha. Ha.

Cameron was having trouble resisting the urge to lash out violently. He could only hope to keep the subject changed long enough.

Faliara

Reaction score
"Oh, you mean how many people have escaped?"

Ellan smiled, too widely for it to be sincere. "Well, I've said repeatedly that you can't escape the afterlife, but apparently you and I hold a different definition of the word 'afterlife'. By your attempt to change the subject, I'm guessing that people were indeed trying to revive you with a ritual, and you were fully aware of it. I can assume that there was a specific time as well, since you kept checking the watch that Klaris was oh-so-kind enough to give you-"

"Ellan-" Rosa started. She's not liking were this is going.

Ella stared between the three of them in confusion.

"-I suppose you might be from a cult of some sort?" Ellan laughed harshly. "Or- or maybe you're one of those idiots who think they can find the key to immortality? I tire of those morons."

He rose, standing on the rock he was on. "Doesn't matter now, does it?" The boy slit his eyes, looking at Cameron. "After all, we're dead. Ever tried separating afterlife into two, Mr Cameron? It says 'after' and 'life'. It's rather straightforward, isn't it?"

Ellan turned around and jumped, jumping off rock after rock.

"Ellan, wait!" Rosa called out, flying after him. After a few moments of confusion, Ella followed Rosa's lead.

((Well Ellan just flew off. Yeah. He did that. Without teaching you about legs. Maybe Rosa will find out? Who feels like following the guy's lead? Timdood3 Catcocomics Toiletprincess))

Catcocomics

Reaction score
It's still odd about this guy's constant changes in attitude and his obsession with his watch...
Wait, where'd he go...?
I suppose he's managed to leave the afterlife... in the sense of the after life world that is.
I wonder... perhaps he liked the world of the living better? No, I think perhaps a planned resurrection was in order; it would make more sense for him to watch the time if that- Oh hey, he's back... and honestly, I think he kind of deserves this lecture he's getting... even if it is kind of harsh.
Wait, where is Ellan headed to?

"Cameron, my creators' ancestors have tried resurrection many times before, as have many others.
The best they could do was animate the corpse, and in some cases, summon the spirit of the corpse, but a body-soul reunion has never succeeded.
I hope you and your people learn from this ancient mistake."

Cosi then turned and followed Ellan, Rosa, and Ella...

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I sit back and absorb the lecture from Ellan, creating my counters and defenses to each point... But he flew off. That fucking asshole flew off. And then old Draco spoke up. . . ."Ancient for your world maybe. Immortality was never the goal. Hell, resurrection was never the goal. I sacrificed myself to convey the information the spirit world had to offer. But I didn't even get to do that. The ritual was conducted, and successfully at that, but I didn't have enough time. "