OOC Travels of the Afterlife Discussion

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Gonna hop in here for a moment and note that Catco has every right to play as an alien race, if that's what he wants to do. Iirc, the opening post in the IC thread mentioned the possibility of playing as an alien race, so if he can pull it off in a reasonable manner, there's no reason to discourage him.

I would also like to note, though, that GM's word is the law, so if Faliara says that the narrator NPC (which I, too, personally feel to be a silly idea) doesn't really sound comfortable with her, you might want to reconsider the idea.

Faliara

Reaction score
Yeah, it's allowed. The different race, I mean.

Just a little bit of info Catcocomics will have to think through, though; If you currently look like a human (like how your character in GotE was a phoenix but looked like a human) some characters in the roleplay will regard you as play-pretending or mentally insane, whether that's who you are or not.

Your character, from what I can collect, is an experiment that likely hasn't had much contact with others, scientists or fellow test subjects, and definitely has not had contact with those who aren't either of the two. If you think you can give the appropiate response someone with your character's mindset will give, then go for it.

(As for if I know what kind of mindset that is... I don't. I can think up multiple for the NPCs, but I don't know how that kind of life would affect someone, and even for characters I write and roleplay as, sometimes I fear I'm not acting the way someone like that should.)

On a sidenote; Enderfive

You don't have to, but I would like an explanation for the disagree on the post regarding on the possibility of actually reaching the living world. It takes part in the arc villain's cause for motive, but I'm willing to alter it if necessary.

Faliara

Reaction score
Why does the one have legs
*mutters about afterlife mechanics and how they're supposed to be explained by Klaris and Ellan and not the GM*

In the IC thread post (which I think should just be here, actually) you put north twice instead of north and south
Thanks for letting me know! Also, the boy was supposed to be a man, but I suck at drawing men, so I don't blame you ^_^"

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
are all the other characters going with the headcanon that catco's character is human but thinking hes a dragon

can't imagine why they'd respond any differently to his character

even if catco actually was a dragon according to catco, wouldnt the others respond to him as if he was a very confused human?

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Catcocomics

Reaction score
They might, but different people will respond in different ways, holding different beliefs and such.
But, if everyone is a die-hard alien-disbeliever, then yeah, they'll treat my character like they've gone mental.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'll give an example on how Simon would react: "You're a what? Whatever, I've seen wierder. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
Basically, he won't particularly disbelieve you, but it's not like he's going to care one way or the other.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Know what, I'm just going to ask everyone currently involved:
should my character be male or female?

Don't ask, just...
i don't know, find a way of voting or something?
Maybe pm me, and I'll see the numbers.

And if we do everyone PMs me, I'll request a reason as to why you want my character to be that gender, regardless of what gender you choose.

Votes so far:
Male: 0
Female: 1
Rejected: 0
Keep note that I will not be voting.

Last edited:

Faliara

Reaction score
Know what, I'm just going to ask everyone currently involved:
should my character be male or female?

Don't ask, just...
i don't know, find a way of voting or something?
Maybe pm me, and I'll see the numbers.

And if we do everyone PMs me, I'll request a reason as to why you want my character to be that gender, regardless of what gender you choose.
Couldn't your character be genderless and we all call said character a he just to simplify things?

Reactions: Hunter and Mia

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Couldn't your character be genderless and we all call said character a he just to simplify things?
Because this character is from an actual race of creatures, natural or not. Granted, there are creatures that are genderless, but it just kind of makes more sense this way.
Why are you even doing this in the first place? Why not decide a gender on your own???
I don't know... you don't have to vote if you don't want to, but I just have trouble choosing names and genders for characters (most of the time).

Catcocomics

Reaction score
that would be a bit... you'd need either a weird mutation or insane geneticist for that.

[Edit (to avoid double post)]:
My character starts off with the long sleeve robe thing.
Their eyes are a fiery crimson color. Other details on appearance yet to be defined.
Faliara

Last edited:

Faliara

Reaction score
Timdood3 Before I reply, please realize that you cannot wear the jeans just yet as your legs are still a tail. Once you get your legs back and wear them, if you change to a tail the jeans will change to fit around it and will still look like normal jeans when you change back. But when it comes to actually wearing pants while your tail is still a tail, I'm afraid that's impossible.