Accepted Trap_Wolf Forum Moderator Application

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Roleplaying, Creative Corner
Time-zone/Country of origin: U.S. EST/United States

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:

Malcovent may be using slight judgement that day and only as a sub-moderator I would have limited ability to stop Malcovent. I would use the connections I have through Teamspeak, Steam, and other various social networks to attempt to reach an Administrator and deescalate the situation. I would encourage other users to avoid involving themselves with Malcovent's rampage. I would wait for the appropriate Administrators who can address the situation would approach the issue(s) in most likely flawless fashion.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:

At this point the users most likely aren't contributing any relevant content to the thread's original goal so I would ask everyone involved take a step back and speak off the Forums as well. It's good for people to stop and take a step back to reflect. Of course, it's going to matter on how severe they acted and whether it's been happening frequently on whether administrative action against them would be warranted. I'd hope the best for everyone involved though and if the issue's serious enough I'd offer to mediate between the two parties either in Private Chat ((desirable for accountability)), Teamspeak, or through other methods.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?

Depending on how they're addressing me will have me choose whether or not it's appropriate to answer. It's good for any Administration to be able to speak to anyone publicly but depending on how sensitive the subject is I would either ask them to speak with me in Private Chat or perhaps speak with the official Administration of EscapeRestart. If they have good reason to criticize me I would always hope for any player to be able to approach the Administration above me to have themselves heard and then have me reprimanded if needed.

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:

GmK should get over himself. ((or this))