Towers

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok so, if you have ever used towers you know how glitchy and annoying they can be. Today i'll be outlining some of the main issues and smaller issues regarding store bought towers.

Ok, this is the standard up tower.
Considering that it costs 200 orbs for this tower. Some of the glitches make it hardly seem worth it.
One of the most infuriating things about up towers is if you place them over a drop or something like that. When you place it down, it builds over the gap and the ladder is built on the far side. As it is over a void/fall you are not able to jump to the ladder thereby unable to access the tower you bought for 200 orbs.
My solution: add a little bridge in the tower leading to the ladder.
Another option could be having the ladder on the side where you placed it, instead of on the far side.
This glitch is also very infuriating. You place a tower in front of you and it develops behind you. It is hard to tell where the tower is going to spawn sometimes.It could also develop behind you over a void and then along with it being in the wrong place, it's also inaccessible.
Solution: Make it that the tower spawns facing you no matter what.
Now this glitch is annoying and I speak from first-hand experience. I have literally just fallen through the tower during rounds in the middle of pvp, this is because sometimes little holes appear in your tower for apparently no reason.This is very annoying and it can easily kill you. It needs to be fixed
now for some suggestions on my part regarding towers:
There is a rule on AoD saying that you may only have 5 towers in a "tower chain". I think this is a fair rule but In my opinion it should be slightly changed. There should be a limit to the tower chain depending on what towers you use. 5 tent towers don't really do any harm compared to the big and expensive up and simple towers.Maybe the maximum tent tower limit should be 10 or something, not five. And yes, this could cause confusion if there is more than one type of tower in the tower chain.
Suggestion Two: Have more fun types of towers in the shops! Example: The barricade:
I think the addition of a new tower or two could spice up gameplay a bit. The barricade would be a nice addition to the shop.