Too Much Capitals.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Okay just a question what would classify as too much capital letters? I have heard many diffrent suggestions but really need to know before I warn for that.
EDIT:
This would be for in chat...(zombie ofcourse)

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
Rule of thumb. Use capitals for the beginning of a sentences and for a proper nouns. There problem solved.

It's a common sense thing. Caps every once in a while is annoying but fine. Using full caps as if caps lock is on is just stupid.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
From what I gather attempt to make the right decision on your part.

I know for atm that a lot of the rules are sketchy with nothing to actually reference too. Jump courses, hiding locations, and other phrases have caused a lot of headache for certain ops and players because there is no where actually written in a straightforward post explaining everything to us. I have actually used our Wiki* and looked there at the rules for guidance sometimes.

Going from my first statement: You've applied and now it is under your opinion to make the correct judgements and actions. Actions that don't only appeal to the authority but also to the people. You can not be unfair to both and you can not show favor to one side than the other.

Do what you believe is right and see if others agree with you or not. Best of Luck. C:

*Example
Zombie Rules Wiki said:

Translucent 1x2 Box If a player is in a tree or glass and is in a hole smaller than 2x2, this is considered legal.
I did not know that.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
You also have to read the mood of the server. In other words make sure people aren't getting annoyed by the person using caps. Sometimes people are in that kind of mood where things like that are just fine. This is a server for fun and if having people be wacky and random makes it more fun for a bit why not. Just when you see someone taking it a bit more annoyingly then is the time to ask them to knock it off.

Also not everything like spam needs to be given an official warning. I see this a lot and I don't like it. For example I will have told someone Please do not spam like that or Please stop using caps and about 10 seconds later another op/trusted warns them. Let the verbal warning stand at first. Sometimes all people need is a little *hey this isn't amusing anymore* and they will stop.

Reaction score
*Damer_Flinn points to self.

As far as I'm concerned, one line of all caps once in a while is fine. Talking with Caps Lock stuck on all the time is different and that's when you should start in on them.
IN GENERAL, THIS IS THE COMMON RULE OF THUMB I USE (ON ANY SERVER). CAPS CAN SOMETIMES BE USED AS A JOKE, AND I DO IT MYSELF SOMETIMES! ;)