Tommyleej's Lomograpgy Showcase

French_Fries

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Salutations All
You are all probably wondering what this thread is about well.... I thought I wanted to show my Lommography Photos to the Forums. If you do not know what Lomography is I shall explain:

"New Generation Lomography" was born when two esoteric Austrian art students, Wolfgang Stranzinger and Matthias Fiegl, stumbled across a second-hand Lomo in a Prague junk shop. Capitalising on the camera's origins, the pair took shots in true spy style; shooting from the hip, in haphazard directions, to capture their surroundings in a manner that rebelled against the logic of traditional camera composition. The inspired technology of the seemingly humble camera captured moody shots, which boasted obscure light effects against vibrant colour and movement. The pair was hooked immediately and started spreading the word. The pursuit of an artistic endeavour for the masses that revolved around capturing your environment in the here and now took off. Soon students from all over Vienna were becoming obsessed with the spy style that is Lomography. Lomos began appearing as installations at raves, becoming a colourful and crazy way for youth culture to define themselves and their surroundings. And so, the Lomographic revolution began.

The Lomographic Lifestyle (unlike other 'high brow' artistic revolutions) is for everyone, regardless of your skills or experience with a camera (or any other artistic pursuit for that matter). Lomography wakes a thirst for adventure, with the promise of an entirely new perspective. The espionage quality of the shots creates pictures, which are at the same time out-of-focus and sharp, light and dark, enigmatic and mesmerising.

Now much more than a camera, LOMOGRAPHY is a dynamic international organisation revolutionising the way people see, and record, the world around them. Lomographic Embassies are now set up all over the world and are the only places where people can buy the cameras. The Australian Lomographic Embassy plays host to gatherings of lomographers and keeps members informed about exhibitions, competitions and other Lomo-instigated activities.

Every Week I will be posting a New Photo on this thread So stay tuned ;D
Peace out Tommyleej

Reactions: MustabearXD