TNT Evolution.

Rytheria

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Kingdion and I'm a very old CTNT Regular, I play PTNT on occasions but I find a lack of players a tad of a distraction. Without players, PTNT is unplayable and is less fun. Now, why is it that TNT lacks more players then any other server? That is currently unknown, but, we may be able to create some theories on why PTNT is (at times) unplayable.

NOTE: Within this thread, I prepare no offence toward any players, map makers, staff or anyone from this community in general - I only state what I believe could help endure a better playing experience within PTNT. I also understand that Premium TNT needs to have it's own ideas and evolution without Classic TNT, I realise that Premium evloves Classic and it may make my ideas unnecessary, though, atleast consider and contribute feedback.

MAPS:

Firstly, since Classic TNT was a huge success, pulling in players from all directions and overall an amazing player-base (not saying PTNT doesn't have an amazing player base!), we have some things to soak in from CTNT. Now, what did CTNT have that PTNT doesn't? - Well, simple maps for a start.

These days, maps are a tad more confusing alongside the patterns placed around the map (stairs, slabs, etc) and make it less attractive for players to explore and witness the map. With the current maps (some), they are pretty hard to read and can create boredom among players - therefore, pushing them away from PTNT and toward other Blocktopian Servers. (not hitting on any fantastic maps/makers - they look fantastic but can possibly alter gameplay and player flow!)

If anybody remembers the old classic maps like myself, the maps were simple, desirable, and, often had spawns in places where you can see the entire map and have little areas to take out players and throw fun weapons along the place. Simplicity and style built up classic TNT - which, could possibly be a key for obtaining a stronger player-base within PTNT.

BLOCK-BREAKING:

Any Classic player will remember the amazing times creating little bases - or, tunnelling around maps with ease to create passageways and quick guidance around the map. PTNT makes this a little challenging as instant-block breaking isn't apart of it - though, it is (supposedly) possible and could influence gameplay and enjoyment within the server.

Fusing instant-breaking (on some blocks) could potentially create possibilities unimaginable for PTNT, allowing players to find quick access through-out a handful of maps and strategies now impossible in PTNT. This could spark a flame in the hearts of Classic Players and could possibly influence the population of PTNT.

WEAPONS:

I've spoken to SparklyMuffinz throughout the server and have been told why the weapons are what they are on Premium TNT. Though, these weapons are a tad "unneeded" and less creative than the Classic Weapons. (remember, I'm not here to offend anybody!)

Everybody remembers the fantastic weapons Classic contained.
The powerful cross map rockets, the pistols, airstrikes and other unique weapons. These were the weapons that made TNT unique! It gave TNT a quality over any other classic server out there, allowing players to look in awe at the experience that triumphed over all of classic.

Yes, yes, before anybody ninja's this thread - I realise that PTNT have premium weapons are there because they are built under a premium server, but! What if we remaster weapons from Classic into premium? What if we remaster the new and amazing blocks of Premium and turn them into a unique TNT Server once again!

If these ideas are implemented and remastered into Premium TNT, I believe we can evolve TNT into something bright, something with a powerful population before - I believe we can do this if we all do this together.

But hey, I might just be somebody trying to live in the past - and I understand that. Tell me what you feel in the comments below and I thank you all for reading all the way down here. If you think we could evolve TNT in any way, throw a comment down. I might be thinking like some crazy Classic fiend, if I am - just tell me and I'll stop.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
destroyerx1 ran away (he isn't here since July), so no updates or new features or bugfixes or other stuff.
Server got stale (it isn't boring) because there is no changes, so players went to other servers.
Well there are sometimes players playing it, but its usually on weekends.

I personally find that to sound rather rude, especially to the staff members who've dedicated time to the server.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
destroyerx1 ran away (he isn't here since July), so no updates or new features or bugfixes or other stuff.
Server got stale (it isn't boring) because there is no changes, so players went to other servers.
Well there are sometimes players playing it, but its usually on weekends.

I personally find that to sound rather rude, especially to the staff members who've dedicated time to the server.
Ouch sorry, will edit post.
Edit: fixed it.

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
Well said asae, I happen to be working on a new anubis with ryan and superstein, finished a new churn with ryan, and starting a few more. Be excited people :D

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I agree with you, not so much on the instant breaking, but I do. I also think we badly need a dev. Since destroyer fell off the earth (hope he comes back soon), we need a new one, before TNT is no more (due to lack of players because no updates. Don't get me wrong, I know OPs have been working on stuff and have been working hard, but we still need a dev.)

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and RyanDodd

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
Asae pretty much hit the nail on the head. We are without an active developer. Suggest all you like, it won't get far without a solid dev.
Although I do agree with you on instant breaking. There's always a way to make it work.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think It should be fairly easy to add instant block breaking by giving players Haste 100, I look forward to seeing some classic maps too :)
It is possible with a plugin.
As th epotion effect is already in the game, I am sure it couldnt be too hard to add it. However, I think there might be a way to get insta break with out it too, not 100% sure however.