Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
—— Day 1 Voting Results ——
Deadline: 31 March 2019 UTC 22:00.

Omni - 8 (Purplepixies, MoltenAshes, TehBrian, Vyryn, Unusual_Dood, Notme, Timdood3, Nottykitten) [Lynched]
Purplepixies - 3 (Stranger from planet 9, Aqua, Dess) [L-5]
Vyryn - 2 (Infected_Alien8, Omni) [L-6]

Omni has been lynched. Please stand by as it may take us a little bit of time to get an opening in our schedules to finish the day, thanks for your patience and thank you all for an amazing level of activity as always!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=transparent]Day 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]With the night approaching, the players have decided to lynch Omni for the day. As with before, and hardly surprising any more, a flash of light came from the primrose in the centre of the room.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When the light subsided, Omni was found staring hollowly ahead into space, mouth agape, completely pale. Startled by the lack of a grotesque execution, the players were about to sigh in relief at being spared a terrible sight, only to hear the blue Celebi’s megalomanical screeching laughter, and realizing that Omni’s skin had a weird shiny quality to it. They had been drowned and embalmed alive.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Omni was [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]lynched[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]They had the role of Water Hemlock [Mafia-Aligned] and were on position IX of the clock.[/BCOLOR]
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top}
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Welcome to Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers. Your role is Water Hemlock.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Abilities:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]- Disable: At night, you can target a player to prevent them from using any night actions in the next night phase.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Win condition:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]- You win when the Mafia obtain a majority with all threats eliminated.[/BCOLOR]{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The primrose in the middle of the room is now BLUE.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Night 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]hour hand[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] points at I, and the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]minute hand[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] points at IX.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As with before, shortly after the horrifying execution, the entire room turns completely dark.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Night 2 will last [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]24 hours[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. Please send in your night actions if you intend to through forum PMs. If you do not send in a night action before the deadline, it will be forfeit.[/BCOLOR]

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
*Cough* - ahem. *Cackling microphone voices*

Due to some hosting error and me being a brainless person just gonna point out the flower colour from N1/D1 was incorrect. These are the updated colours - and since I'm a nice person I decided to make a summary of all the colours since D0 (don't think it'll affect the game too much let's hope to minimise impact but sadly I'm stupidier than my bot okay):

D0 start - RED
N1 start - RED
D1 start - RED
N2 start - RED

Sorry about the mistake! Don't read too much into it but just imagine that the colours were always RED :eek:k_hand:! :dead:

ANYWAY! Daystart's gonna happen soon!

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=transparent]Day 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Like a poorly maintained fluorescent lamp, the room flickered back to its original state. Accustoming their eyes, the players realise the hands on the time dial had moved, yet again:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]hour hand[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] points at X, and the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]minute hand[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] points at II.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]RED[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] primrose in the middle of the room emits a flash. Was this the end… er? Ho ho, no![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anyway, it did not take five seconds before the players found the body of MoltenAshes after the light faded. MoltenAshes had been strangled and mutilated in such a vile way only an unspeakable act of cruelty could have explained it. The description of the scene is probably too graphic for this forum to endure - so the blue Celebi decided to leave it at that, but in retaliation it promised that if anyone is lynched today, they will be burned alive and no details will be spared![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The primrose in the middle of the room is now [/BCOLOR]GREEN[BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]MoltenAshes was found dead.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]They had the role of Honeysuckle [Town-aligned] and were on position VI of the clock.[/BCOLOR]
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top}[BCOLOR=transparent]Welcome to Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers. Your role is Honeysuckle.

Abilities:
- Minute Hand Manipulation: Every night phase, you can set the minute hand on the game clock. This action always goes first.

Win condition:
- You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
[/BCOLOR]{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
It is now Day 2.

[BCOLOR=transparent]It takes [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]7[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] votes to lynch and [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]6[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] votes to no-lynch. To vote a player, enter “[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]vote [player][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]” - you may also “[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]vote no-lynch[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]” and “[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]unvote[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]” to vote for a no-lynch or abstain from the vote respectively.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If an option reaches the required number of votes, the thread will be locked and the option will be executed. If no option reaches the required number of votes by the end of the day, it will default to a no-lynch.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Night 3 will begin at [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]6 April 2019 UTC 22:00[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR]

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So....
If Molten was able to manipulate the minute hand, then would it stand to reason that Vyryn can manipulate the hour hand?

Also, does that mean the minute hand is permanently pointing at Dess now?

Anyway, reading too much into Choco's mistake, here's a theory - what if the color of the rose symbolizes the number of roles left that can manipulate the clock hands?

I'm still stumped on the biggest question though - what exactly do the clock hands do?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Oh

Why did you say you were magnolia? To bait a RID killer?
Honestly I did it for fun

Now I don't want to bring up the cop-dial theory again... except I do.

It was red when it was pointing at Vyryn and Notme(Town'd by Dess).
It was red when it was pointing at Aqua and Omni(MAFIA).
And now its green when its pointing at Purple(Town'd by dess) and Dess(likely town).

So it was red when we know atleast one of the two was Mafia. It is now green when it has two likely towns. If it were a cop-dial, then that would essentially mean Vyryn is Mafia. This is in my opinion strengthened by his tunneling and his claimed duality role with Molten (who was town). I'm a decent believer in Mafia/Town role pairs and it would make a lot of sense the Mafia get to control one hand of the cop-dial.

Vote Vyryn

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Honestly I did it for fun

Now I don't want to bring up the cop-dial theory again... except I do.

It was red when it was pointing at Vyryn and Notme(Town'd by Dess).
It was red when it was pointing at Aqua and Omni(MAFIA).
And now its green when its pointing at Purple(Town'd by dess) and Dess(likely town).

So it was red when we know atleast one of the two was Mafia. It is now green when it has two likely towns. If it were a cop-dial, then that would essentially mean Vyryn is Mafia. This is in my opinion strengthened by his tunneling and his claimed duality role with Molten (who was town). I'm a decent believer in Mafia/Town role pairs and it would make a lot of sense the Mafia get to control one hand of the cop-dial.

Vote Vyryn
Well, vy said his role made him ask about angles. I get the impression he has a completely different role to what molten had.

Although I agree I think vy is mafia, his jump onto omni yesterday felt like he saw one of his buddies going down and panicked and tried to quickly jump on for credit

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm still stumped on the biggest question though - what exactly do the clock hands do?
I mean, the theory that actions applied to the hour hand player also apply to the minute hand player, since Omni appeared to have disabled himself.

And I'd venture a guess and say that the central primrose color determines automatic movement of hands? Maybe the minute hand will move automatically now? No idea.

Speaking of Omni, now that his role (or rather the ability to disable) has been confirmed, purplepixies what had you so convinced yesterday that Omni had not done the blocking?

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
—— Voting Recap ——
Deadline: 6 April 2019 UTC 22:00.

Vyryn - 2 (Nottykitten, Infected_Alien8_) [L-5]

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch and 6 votes to no-lynch.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no-lynch.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
And yeah the fact it just so happened to be Magnolia that notty said she was makes me think hmmmm but I think she's town so whatever she's doing, if it wasn't just a coincidence, I kinda trust that it has good intentions behind it

But yeah I'm Magnolia

and would you look at that, the colours kind of match my avatar's hair!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Although there is a running theme with notty about flowers

a) wanted us to massclaim them
b) asked for which post it was that molten hinted at his flower
c) claimed a random flower, surely knowing someone might claim it too and out themselves

I wonder if she needs flower names for something

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Oh, also relevant news: My position has been swapped. I'm now in position VIII (8) instead of XIV (14).
Yeah I forgot to mention since I was too excited my cop-dial theory is actually pretty likely given the info we have now.

I got swapped to position XIV so I guess I'm you now.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I have much the same question that Tim does - purplepixies why don't you think Omni blocked aqua?

Inffy - I've suspected for a while that Notty is the RID killer if there is one. I'd be willing to bet they put out that claim not to bait the RID killer, but to bait the person with that actual role name into claiming.