Declined Timdood's Subforum Moderator Application

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: The RP subforum
Time-zone/Country of origin: GMT-5/United States

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:
First, I'd PM Malco and remind him that having power doesn't mean you can be a dick about it. Not in so many words, but you get the point. Depending on the scenario, additional measures may be taken such as contacting another Admin (because he'd be less willing to verbally abuse his equal) or outright (temporary or permanent) deletion of the post.
Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:
First, I would acknowledge both side's point, making them feel equally gratified (and by proxy, more willing to listen) and then tell them that they are both being immature, starting a flamewar, and derailing the thread.
Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
Acknowledge any points they might have (because users tend to get angry when their 'perfectly valid' points go ignored, and that only leads to more problems), and supply my reasoning for the decision...Which in any given case would be sufficient, or I wouldn't have taken action in the first place.
Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:
GmK, you wanna hear a joke?...Sober up or I'm going to call Malco.