Tim Writes Again!

Should Tim write more often?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
And with part six, this story comes to a close. If anyone has anything they'd like me to try to write for them, I'd be happy to, this was just a little experiment to see what I could write off the top of my head.

Obelis was considerable shaken by the encounter, but didn't know what he could do about it. He couldn't fight it. He couldn't overpower it. He couldn't do anything to it. The only thing he could do was run away. Get as far away from the alter as possible. As far of away from people as possible. As far away from-

His train of thought was violently derailed as he heard voices coming from the treeline. Unfortunately, he'd heard these voices before. They were the voices of the Redimet, an argument over "where she would have taken him."

Paralyzed, Obelis could only listen to the men approach, though by the minute he was growing more doubtful that they were men. It seemed an eternity before the leader stepped into the clearing, followed by two companions. "This is how you treat your superiors?!" one of the members raged, "You leave them to fight a dozen King's Guards on their own?! Because of you, one of our men has died today!" There was the word again, Obelis thought, "men." Miraculously, Obelis found the strength to stand.

"You are not my superiors. I am the master and you are the pawns!" Obelis' voice thundered and his eyes glowed.

All members of the Redimet appeared thoroughly humbled. "I am sorry. I had no idea this one would progress so quickly. You may slay me."

Back to himself, Obelis was simply dazed. "Why would I want to slay you?"

In less than a second, the Redimet was up from his kneeling position and had his hand around Obelis' neck. "Do it! In the name of the goddess!"

Aware but not in control, Obelis reached to his belt and drew his dagger in a reverse grip. In one smooth motion drove to blade under the leader's chin directly to his brain. Two acolytes down. Two to go.

The final recruit looked on in horror, he hadn't expected Obelis to actually go through with it. The leader, on the other hand, knew precisely what had happened and decided to...Speed up the process a bit. Deftly, he drew the black-bladed sabre from its sheath and effortlessly spun around to lop the surprised acolyte's head off. Not bothering to clean his blade, the leader sheathed the sabre in preference of the similarly colored claymore at his back.

And so two rivals stared each other down from across a clearing. One clad in silver and crimson to the north. One clad in black and gold to the south. "Yours weren't the only weapons recovered after the duel, Obelis."

"Eshro..." Obelis' voice was no more than a whisper.

Eshro heard nothing of Obelis' shock, but it was all to obvious on his face. "That's right. I'm alive. But you won't be." Unlike in their first duel, Eshro's gear was of impeccable quality. The blades were tempered and sharpened, and the armor was a different set altogether with golden claws digging into the ebony armor.

Before Obelis could even draw an appropriate weapon, Eshro was upon him swinging his claymore downward, reminiscent of his first attack. Obelis ducked under the blade and around the attacker and attempted to bury his dagger in the cult master's back. However, instead of a solid impact or even a glancing blow, there met no resistance. There was a target, but the dagger had passed straight through and Obelis fell flat on his face.

Laughing triumphantly, Eshro tapped his chest. "The goddess has blessed me. You cannot touch me!"

Determined and unchastened, Obelis stood and drew his hammer, simply dropping the kris. "I beg to diff-" before finishing the sentence, Obelis sprung forward, slamming the hammerhead into the claws in the center the Eshro's chest. In the short time they'd been 'allied' Obelis had learned a thing or two about being underhanded.

Thrown off balance, Eshro had to drop they heavy blade in favor of the light sabre at his belt. He swung the blade horizontally, hoping to end the worm before him the same way he did the acolyte, but steel met iron when Obelis intercepted the strike with his hammer. He used the momentum to spin and bring the hammer crashing into the claws at Eshro's back. Now that Obelis knew the key, there was no stopping him.

Enraged, the black knight struck again, this time at the shoulder. His blade struck the steel of Obelis' armor, but not where he had intended to. The knight had turned in such a way that the entire blade came across his back instead of one point of the blade in his shoulder. Due to the spread pressure, the blow simply glanced off and Eshro was once again foiled. That is to say bludgeoned. In the same turn that nullified the blow, he brought his hammer down on the claws at Eshro's collarbone.

Eshro made one last attempt to destroy the man who had failed him. He grabbed at the shaft of the hammer that was making such quick work of his defenses. His fingers found it and latched on, only for it to be twisted from his grasp. But it was enough. His sabre came down in another slash aimed at the defender's neck. Seeing red, he was sure his blade would find its mark, but felt no such satisfaction. The hammer that he had so fleetingly halted found its final target: The claws clutching at the bottom of the black night's ribs. It felt as if his heart was being ripped out of his chest and thorn into a vat of boiling oil. He collapsed on the ground, dead, before he could even revel in his death as other acolytes could.

Alone once more, Obelis truly felt alone. No acolytes. No redimet. No godess. He was free.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So I really don't know what to call this....But here you go! ^-^

Ocelot had been waiting outside for brother Korin to come out of the building. He was simply lounging, leaning against a tree on the far side of the cobbled street. He heard the chirp of a bird and he looked around for it, longing for the skies. He felt the vibrations of the earth beneath him, longing to be underground. He heard the sound of footsteps inside, longing to be inside.

After a few minutes, a new sound appeared, one that shouldn't have been there. People inside were shouting about a thief. Ocelot forwent all of the other sounds, dropped to all fours and sprang inside. The scene was already bad when Ocelot got inside. Blood, both fresh and old, spattered every wall. A thick mass of bodies formed a ring around two creatures: One a bear, there other a wolf. The animals were really tearing into each other with tooth and claw, nothing was held back.

There was another creature lying near the edge of the ring, this one appeared to be some sort of large lizard. Its throat showed three crimson lines that had barely bled yet. Korin saw him enter the room and screamed for him to run, and just as soon had a massive paw slammed into his canine jaw. Ocelot stared in horror as he saw his older brother take the blow. In a fury, half at his brother and half at his opponent, Ocelot pounced forward and sunk his teeth into the bear's neck, holding firm until it ceased its struggle.

Korin, buised and bloodied, was impressed, but there was no time for that now. He reached down and took Ocelot by the scruff of his neck and practically drug him out of the building and down the street. It was quite a sight to see a sprinting man dragging a wolf behind him, though the homor didn't override their compempt for the mutants. It didn't take long for the crowd inside to give chase.

Korin literally threw his little brother into the air and dropped to all fours. Ocelot rolled during his transformation and followed his brother. He knew exactly where his brother was going, but needed to catch up to speak with him on the way.

"What the hell, Korin?!" Ocelot was livid the his brother had been taking part in an underground fighting ring, fighting his own kind no less!

Korin knew there was nothing he could say that wouldn't further infuriate his brother, and so he remained silent. Ocelot had to calm down eventually.

They ran in silence for a few minutes, while Ocelot gathered his thoughts. "At least tell me what happened in there. An underground fighting ring, really?"

"It's not what you think. The reptile- He stole something from someone, so I took action against him. Apparently killing a theif is too harsh a punishment, and 'an eye for an eye' they said. Since I had killed someone, I had to be killed. The bear was the first to attack me, and so I was fighting him. Now I must ask, why the hell did you come in?!"

Ocelot was unconvinced. Korin had no reason to have left him outside unless he was doing something illegal. Thieves were almost always sentences to death, especially Foresters, as their race had come to be known. And then- "What is the purpose of that building if not for undergound fights? The walls were covered in blood!"

Reluctantly, Korin had to give in, he knew there was no excuses for this one. "Alright, alright. I was fighting illegally with other Foresters. Happy now?!"

"Not quite. Why?"

"Look, Ocelot, I'm a fighter. The two of us living alone all the way out here is boring. There's nothing worthwhile to hunt!"

Ocelot understood his brother's position perfectly. He, too, was growing bored of the mundane creatures around them. He didn't need to say anything, his silence spoke for him.

Nearing the Den, the brothers slowed. Their race was always looked down upon because people feared them. Naturally, there would be times when they simply couldn't stay in town. The Den was a place for just that occaision, all foresters were welcome when they needed a place to stay. Korin, now humanoid, tapped on the wooden door with his ever present claws. He knew Boaris would admit them, but he while they may look like them, Foresters aren't beasts.

A burly man with small tusks opened his door. No one ever asked what beast he was, or where he got his name. He was smiling, but it faded a small bit when he saw them. The wolves were porbably his most frequent guests. He was worried for the boys. Being Foresters was bad enough, but having no parents to speak of surely didn't help their status. He greeted the brothers as he would anyone else, with a hot meal and a warm bed. He knew they'd talk bout it in the morning, they always did.

Last edited:

Faliara

Reaction score
So I really don't know what to call this....But here you go! ^-^

Ocelot had been waiting outside for brother Korin to come out of the building. He was simply lounging, leaning against a tree on the far side of the cobbled street. He heard the chirp of a bird and he looked around for it, longing for the skies. He felt the vibrations of the earth beneath him, longing to be underground. He heard the sound of footsteps inside, longing to be inside.

After a few minutes, a new sound appeared, one that shouldn't have been there. People inside were shouting about a thief. Ocelot forwent all of the other sounds, dropped to all fours and sprang inside. The scene was already bad when Ocelot got inside. Blood, both fresh and old, spattered every wall. A thick mass of bodies formed a ring around two creatures: One a bear, there other a wolf. The animals were really tearing into each other with tooth and claw, nothing was held back.

There was another creature lying near the edge of the ring, this one appeared to be some sort of large lizard. Its throat showed three crimson lines that had barely bled yet. Korin saw him enter the room and screamed for him to run, and just as soon had a massive paw slammed into his canine jaw. Ocelot stared in horror as he saw his older brother take the blow. In a fury, half at his brother and half at his opponent, Ocelot pounced forward and sunk his teeth into the bear's neck, holding firm until it ceased its struggle.

Korin, buised and bloodied, was impressed, but there was no time for that now. He reached down and took Ocelot by the scruff of his neck and practically drug him out of the building and down the street. It was quite a sight to see a sprinting man dragging a wolf behind him, though the homor didn't override their compempt for the mutants. It didn't take long for the crowd inside to give chase.

Korin literally threw his little brother into the air and dropped to all fours. Ocelot rolled during his transformation and followed his brother. He knew exactly where his brother was going, but needed to catch up to speak with him on the way.

"What the hell, Korin?!" Ocelot was livid the his brother had been taking part in an underground fighting ring, fighting his own kind no less!

Korin knew there was nothing he could say that wouldn't further infuriate his brother, and so he remained silent. Ocelot had to calm down eventually.

They ran in silence for a few minutes, while Ocelot gathered his thoughts. "At least tell me what happened in there. An underground fighting ring, really?"

"It's not what you think. The reptile- He stole something from someone, so I took action against him. Apparently killing a theif is too harsh a punishment, and 'an eye for an eye' they said. Since I had killed someone, I had to be killed. The bear was the first to attack me, and so I was fighting him. Now I must ask, why the hell did you come in?!"

Ocelot was unconvinced. Korin had no reason to have left him outside unless he was doing something illegal. Thieves were almost always sentences to death, especially Foresters, as their race had come to be known. And then- "What is the purpose of that building if not for undergound fights? The walls were covered in blood!"

Reluctantly, Korin had to give in, he knew there was no excuses for this one. "Alright, alright. I was fighting illegally with other Foresters. Happy now?!"

"Not quite. Why?"

"Look, Ocelot, I'm a fighter. The two of us living alone all the way out here is boring. There's nothing worthwhile to hunt!"

Ocelot understood his brother's position perfectly. He, too, was growing bored of the mundane creatures around them. He didn't need to say anything, his silence spoke for him.

Nearing the Den, the brothers slowed. Their race was always looked down upon because people feared them. Naturally, there would be times when they simply couldn't stay in town. The Den was a place for just that occaision, all foresters were welcome when they needed a place to stay. Korin, now humanoid, tapped on the wooden door with his ever present claws. He knew Boaris would admit them, but he while they may look like them, Foresters aren't beasts.

A burly man with small tusks opened his door. No one ever asked what beast he was, or where he got his name. He was smiling, but it faded a small bit when he saw them. The wolves were porbably his most frequent guests. He was worried for the boys. Being Foresters was bad enough, but having no parents to speak of surely didn't help their status. He greeted the brothers as he would anyone else, with a hot meal and a warm bed. He knew they'd talk bout it in the morning, they always did.
Oh? That's interesting. I'm not sure what to say on Korin. Impulsive, I suppose?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh? That's interesting. I'm not sure what to say on Korin. Impulsive, I suppose?
.-.
You read the end right?
. _.

Particularly this:

Faliara

Reaction score
I'm stuck on ideas atm, but I haven't given up on this thread, I promise!
Mmkay... Try a one-shot! Something like this:

[DATA REDACTED DUE TO SPINNING INTO ITS OWN THING]

Okay... Try something beginning a little like this instead, since I removed my example.

I blame Agil.

The whole problem started with Agil, reeked of Agil, wore an annoying T-shirt stamped with a block capital AGIL and ended at that little diner in Urbus where my Col was drained by that abominably expensive shortcake, again. That last one I still blamed Agil for, though he wasn't the one I had to give shortcake to. I made sure to rub that in his face – no way was I spending any of my hard-earned Col on that cheapskate swindler!
-From 'The Other Blacksmith', a Sword Art Online fanfiction​

Faliara

Reaction score
They could at least write accurate fanfiction...It's Cor. And are you saying I should write fanfiction? Because I'm kinda sorta really against that xD ....If you're saying I should write something one paragraph long...I'm kinda against that too .-.
I THOUGHT IT WAS COL. EVERYONE SAYS IT'S COL.

-and no, I mean something beginning like so, hilariously. And if you write fanfiction, well, that would be nice but it's up to you :) I'll just write an example I read once to punctuate what I mean. I don't think it's completely accurate, but...

You don't know pain.

Oh, you may think you do, but you don't. Oh no, nothing that you ever experienced is truly that.

Sitting next to Gazzy in a small room with the door closed when he's about to let loose one of his 'gasses' is pain.
-A little something that I read from the Maximum Ride fanfiction archives​

If you don't know what exactly happened, Gazzy is short for 'The Gasman' and he's named that because when he farts? They stink like hell.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Here's a small teaser until I have time to work more on this ;)
A slightly build man with wild eyes awakened among the clouds. For some reason beyond him, he was equipped with full armor and a personal arsenal of weapons: A spear, a hammer, and a wicked looking dagger. He could hear voices all around him, and every one of them seemed familiar, as if he knew them all, but he could pinpoint none. He could make out no words, but the message was clear: Cleanse.

He looked up, and all he could see was a clear blue sky. He looked to the sides, and it appeared as a plain had been swept by snow, but some parts were left untouched. He looked down, and his vision of himself stopped at his waist; he was standing in a cloud. He tried to take a step and he lost all feeling. He was falling out of the sky. In the split second of his fall, he noticed a familiar landscape: Tall pines, a circular-walled city, and a small log cabin.

Panicked, he shot up in his bed. The bed wasn't exactly his, he had offered a room in a place called "The Den." He knew the place was mostly reserved for members of a race of shapeshifters, Foresters some called them, but after explaining his situation to the tusked owner, he was told to stay as long as he needed. There were only two other guests at the time, two Foresters who's beasts appeared to be wolves.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In the 4-koma manga, the spelling of the currency was COR.
Aha! I was still sort of right!

But on to the actual story :3
A slightly build man with wild eyes awakened among the clouds. For some reason beyond him, he was equipped with full armor and a personal arsenal of weapons: A spear, a hammer, and a wicked looking dagger. He could hear voices all around him, and every one of them seemed familiar, as if he knew them all, but he could pinpoint none. He could make out no words, but the message was clear: Cleanse.

He looked up, and all he could see was a clear blue sky. He looked to the sides, and it appeared as a plain had been swept by snow, but some parts were left untouched. He looked down, and his vision of himself stopped at his waist; he was standing in a cloud. He tried to take a step and he lost all feeling. He was falling out of the sky. In the split second of his fall, he noticed a familiar landscape: Tall pines, a circular-walled city, and a small log cabin.

Panicked, he shot up in his bed. The bed wasn't exactly his, he had offered a room in a place called "The Den." He knew the place was mostly reserved for members of a race of shapeshifters, Foresters some called them, but after explaining his situation to the tusked owner, he was told to stay as long as he needed. There were only two other guests at the time, two Foresters who's beasts appeared to be wolves.

The guests conversed over a kill that the wolves had brought in, a small deer. With the other guest in mind, they brought it back to be cooked instead of simply digging in on the spot. They talked about a variety of things, but it was mostly introductory. The older wolf asked the knight what a human was doing in the Den, and he was obligated to answer. He told his story, it wasn't exactly a happy one, but it was a story nonetheless. He shared every detail from when he killed the king, to when he killed the man who made him do it, to his quest for redemption with the Redimet, and finally the standoff between him and his somehow-still-alive 'partner.'

The wolf, Korin, was engrossed in the tale, and was tempted to ask the man to join him and his brother Ocelot. But join them where? They didn't have anywhere to go, that's why they spent so many restless nights in the Den. Boaris had always treated them like sons. They saw him as a father. They'd miss him if they left. But Boaris felt that way about all of his guests, that's why he opened the place to begin with. He'd seen hundreds of Foresters come and go, but never before had a human requested to stay in the Den.

Obelis sensed that his story was not complete. He had yet to mention his dream. Perhaps these wolves would know something he didn't? After much internal debate, he brought it up, making it sound like an afterthought. "I also had a dream this morning. I woke among the clouds and a thousand voices seemed to be telling me to 'cleanse' something. I tried to move and everything came crashing down. The voices stopped, and I was falling from the sky. I could see Glaend, I could see the forest, and I could see the Den."

Korin was the one to respond, but he seemed lost in thought and his voice was muddled. "Cleanse...." As he said the first word, his animal instinct alerted him to a presence outside. He continued speaking, or rather making noises that grew gradually more gutteral, as he moved slowly toward the door. The presence was around the side of the wooden building, and Ocelot felt it, too. Obelis watched on, amazed as the brothers' faces seemed to elongate seamlessly, their spines hunch, and their limbs shorten. He'd heard tales of Foresters, but he'd never seen one transform, or at all.

The front door had no lock, and Korin simply nudged it with his face and it opened effortlessly. All growling had ceased, and as soon as the wolves were outside, they were around the corner in a lightning sprint. Obelis tried to follow, but couldn't compete with the speed of these creatures. He caught only a glimpse of shadow fading away as he turned the corner. When he arrived, the brothers had been wolves, but by the time he realized what had happened, Korin was humanoid again, slamming his fist against the wall, angry that his quarry escaped him so easily. Ocelot kept a cooler head and spoke. "I think we found whatever it is you're supposed to cleanse."

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Production on the story of Obelis/Korin is being halted for probably a few days, so sorry about that .-.

But I have been working on the transcription of my play in Fiestaguy 's forum hunger games to story form, so keep an eye out for that when the game ends ;)

Reactions: Fiestaguy