Thymos' Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
In-game username: - Thymos
Staff references (Op+): -
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - Currently, I am an operator on BuildBox. Previously, I've been trusted twice on CTNT and once on CZS.
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - Operators are staff members that deal with server-side issues, such as grief and trolling. An operator must be prepared to deal with these issues, and must be fair when deciding on a consequence. They are on the server to be helpful, and therefore, should help players with any questions/concerns that they might have. An operator is the face of a server, and must be friendly to all players, regardless of what deeds have been done. They must also be professional when dealing with troublemakers, both on the server and on a ban appeal.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - Plenty of applicants for operator don't have experience, whereas I do. I am incredibly unbiased, and will ban a personal friend if I must. I take each problem at hand separately from other issues, leaving feelings towards individual players out of my judgement. I am not afraid to jump in and stop an argument, or tell someone they are doing something that they shouldn't, even if I am not a staff member on that server. I am a leader that knows how to get the job done, whether I must employ others to help or do it on my own. Above all, I am a friendly person who loves to help others when they need me.
If there is a problem you aren't sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - The first step for solving the problem would be for me to ask my fellow staff members (that are online) for help on what to do. If that fails, I would contact someone with high authority on the server, via TS or IRC, and ask them. If all else fails and it's simply a question being asked, I could research it. Otherwise, I would have to use my best judgement on the issue at hand.
If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - Depending on the issue, I would either take screenshots, take a video, or contact administration. Assuming that I haven't already contacted administration, I would promptly send the evidence gathered to a controller or director (or an admin if its a director acting up, God forbid.)
What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - My most noticeable weakness is that I go my own way, and those that want to help me must follow my ideas. Although others express their ideas to me, I rarely accept them. Unfortunately, I am a strong believer in 'it's my way or the highway.' I try to overcome this by asking others to help and give their thoughts on ideas and projects of mine, and will continue to do so.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - People call me Thymos, a name that is well known in this community, it seems. I am a leader, a writer and a reader, a friend and an enemy, an engineer and a destroyer. I do my best to help those in need in any way I can. Outside of Minecraft and school, I lead a small team of high school engineers in building a robot that competes in VEX Competitions, hang out with my friends and family, and play other video games. My greatest accomplishment academically is being accepted early into Texas A&M for Electrical Engineering.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - I'd like to thank you, the Head Staff of Discordia, for reading and considering all of our applications, and allowing everyone to apply early for a staffing position on this server.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Hello Thymos,

After much regret, we're going to have to deny this application. Reason for this is we'd like you to experience the server and it's qualities to see if this SMP is for you. If you decide this is what you want, you are free to reapply when you're ready.

• Sad
Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.