SMP - Accepted ThriceUponATime's SMP Moderator Application

Thrice

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
What is your in-game name? (Please also give any alt accounts, and if you're applying for our TTT server, your Steam ID.)

ThriceUponATime (Alt Accounts: Doraibutorein <-- A shared account that I own, however it hasn't been on SMP. Previous aliases: erne138, Mr_Doom)

What timezone do you live in?

GMT +10 (Sydney, Australia)

How many hours have you played on the server for?

24+ hours as of now.

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?

3-7 hours hours each day depending on the day as I am currently on holidays. When I am off holidays it may vary drastically however I'll be committed in at least bringing 6 hours each week minimum.

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)

I've previously owned and staffed school-made Minecraft Servers which averaged around 15 players. I'm familiar with some certain plugins. Every year I make servers for different types of games (CSGO, Minecraft, FiveM), although not all get traction, I know how it feels like to be swarmed with griefing, trolling, questions and so on.

What do you think the role entails?

I believe that the Moderator role involves helping members of the community, whether that be with (grief) incidents, questions about the server or just keeping up the general mood. I think Moderators also have a big role in creating the environment that players play in.

Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to be a staff member to help other players that may be new to this gamemode, or the game as a whole. I enjoy helping people & creating a happier environment. A personal note is that I want to give back to the community that introduced me to Minecraft initially.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?

I live in Australia, meaning that I am able to staff at times when the current members of the staff team is asleep. Although it'll be rare encountering other players who speak different languages on arrival, I am able to speak and read to an extent the following languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

If I didn't understand a problem and I am unfamiliar with it, I would take screenshots or record a video and show it to a more experienced, well-trained staff member and hear their thoughts about it. I don't believe I'd take action if I was unsure of something.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
Not as of now.
Got any builds you'd like to show off? (Create only but not mandatory)
Not as of now.
Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory, must be a current Moderator+ on EscapeRestart!)
Not required for SMP, however, N/A.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hex and Refresh100

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I've seen you online a lot and you seem very active and overall friendly/helpful. I believe you'd be a great addition to the staff team!

+1

Reactions: Hex

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Heyo! Thanks for applying. As the other mods have pointed out, you seem very active and willing to help out players. I am completely fine with giving you a trial period and seeing how it plays out from there. Your trial will end in one week from today :) Please DM me on discord for further instructions. Hex#9921

On Trial