They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
@Stranger from Planet 9 @Alisha What were the reasons for your role/item choices? I'd especially like to know about my safe because as Tim pointed out it doesn't seem super useful as a townie but I might just be missing something (unless that's the point).
We had an insta-win item that required the big red button, the amysthyst, and the laser pointer.
So if one of us was like "hey I need these things" and were to get lynched, you could go "uhhh nah" and destroy one.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If only you trusted me and not Tim, we could have won this game together </3
tbh i had completely forgotten that maf steal items when they kill people for that entire last day

so i was thinking me + tim being both town would only be good for finding alien items, in which case if maf had 2 and could choose who held them each night before me/tim investigated, it wouldnt be OP

all the while when argueing with you, i was just tunnel focused on a) tim being town and b) your massclaim scenario being wrong (which i still disagree with!), forgetting to step back and be like 'yeah but considering me/tim can find mafia killers, is it really balanced to have 2 of us, regardless of what the maf roles are, realistically, unless they have some crazy heck roles that make items invisible or something'

but like, now that the game is over, and after just posting to you 'we could tho <3' i suddenly realized 'wait... they kinda couldn't'

i still disagree with your massclaim point tho!

but yh tim really completely fooled me this game, he felt so town to me. like the whole claiming to out me and then being like 'i jumped the gun because i was worried' and stuff all was so well acted out.

you say you felt like you didnt do much Timdood3 but you definitely did since like everyone trusted you. every post you made was really well performed imo

and thats not to minimize what the other scum did ofc, like hk fooled literally everyone except like me and mars, and even then i dont know for sure how fair we were being when accusing him.

• ❤
Reactions: Timdood3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
so i was thinking me + tim being both town would only be good for finding alien items, in which case if maf had 2 and could choose who held them each night before me/tim investigated, it wouldnt be OP
i mean, even then, itd probs still be kinda OP

i guess i was just so sure tim was town ive been completely biased

its only now that the games over and starting to be like oh... wait...

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What were the reasons for your role/item choices?
This being my first setup, and hindsight being 20/20 there's a few things I might have changed, and the safe was one of them. The safe itself wasn't intended to be particularly useful as a townie, but it was intended to make some of the vanilla roles feel like they could do something (same with Sessy's diary and TWG's blueprint). That said, if I were to do this all over again I would gone a lot more into detail about the mechanics of the safe since there turned out to be a lot more questions about that item than I thought there would be.
As for the role choices, a lot of the roles were built around the idea of helping both sides get the necessary items for their devices quickly. Inffy's role was specifically included so town had a shot at getting items from (understandably) uncooperative alien team. The reason for both Mars & Unu's roles was to facilitate communication between townies out of sight of the aliens. In retrospect it might have been wiser to have given town a full cop + a full doctor + one innkeeper that can select 2 people per night instead of two separate innkeepers.
Fog's role was actually a pretty last minute addition, though tbh if we had only gotten 10 players I probably would've kept that role in and removed the alien roleblocker instead. If anyone was curious, the following additions would have been made had we gotten more players:
  • 12 players: Item stealing/trading 3p added
  • 13 players: Town oracle added
  • 14 players: Mafia item thief added + an additional item would be required to complete both town & alien devices.

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
unless they have some crazy heck roles that make items invisible or something'
Like a safe the way aqua described it :p
but yh tim really completely fooled me this game, he felt so town to me. like the whole claiming to out me and then being like 'i jumped the gun because i was worried' and stuff all was so well acted out.
I mean, my primary motivation was "oh shit, he has the big red button and the cow. The only way we can get that is if we lynch him or kill him twice" so I figured I'd have maybe one good shot at trying to get you lynched. But quickly realized "well that's not happening"

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like a safe the way aqua described it :p

I mean, my primary motivation was "oh shit, he has the big red button and the cow. The only way we can get that is if we lynch him or kill him twice" so I figured I'd have maybe one good shot at trying to get you lynched. But quickly realized "well that's not happening"
lol the big red button is the thing i was like 'is it... tempting?' when you said your item was colourized since i kinda really wanted to press it and blow something up

i also took the laser pointer since i was like 'i cant see maf using a sweater but a laser gun seems like a realistic concern!' (even tho i didnt actually expect it to be part of the maf item)

my one true claim to fame this game is almost building the portal and destroying humanity myself!!! psh i dont need no blueprint

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
So what happened with fog and claiming he had different items than he actually did?

I'm not in deadchat, did he explain it there.

Tbh I don't even remember fog out right claiming his items just saying one had no description and one had use later in the game, I never had a reason to double check so just took what everyone else was saying at face value.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So what happened with fog and claiming he had different items than he actually did?

I'm not in deadchat, did he explain it there.

Tbh I don't even remember fog out right claiming his items just saying one had no description and one had use later in the game, I never had a reason to double check so just took what everyone else was saying at face value.
no he didnt explain it yet but ive asked him

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
lol the big red button is the thing i was like 'is it... tempting?' when you said your item was colourized since i kinda really wanted to press it and blow something up

i also took the laser pointer since i was like 'i cant see maf using a sweater but a laser gun seems like a realistic concern!' (even tho i didnt actually expect it to be part of the maf item)

my one true claim to fame this game is almost building the portal and destroying humanity myself!!! psh i dont need no blueprint
Oh my items were a pink purse and a 32g flash drive.
I felt comfortable soft claiming the purse because I figured it was probably a junk item. But I assumed from the get-go that the alien detector would need some sort of data storage.