Declined Theo's sub-forum moderator application

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate:
Discussion, Off-Topic, Minecraft: Kami's Realm.

Time-zone/Country of origin:

GMT +12/+13, New Zealand.

You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:
My first action would be to contact another Admin or two and ask them to take a look for themselves. Depending on the case, I'd private-message Malcovent and remind him that there is no place for abuse on the forums, however as stated earlier this would depend on the nature of the abuse. If the abuse was extremely severe, then I may take actions into my own hands in order to protect others from viewing it (deletion). However, I'd have to judge each situation individually as I would not want to make matters worse by intervening unnecessarily.

An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:
Regardless of the validity of the points, an argument is an argument, and if a thread's point has been lost via derailment then there's really no point in continuing on that line of discussion. Therefore, the offensive/irrelevant/derailing posts would be deleted and I would notify the offending parties that they are contributing to derailment, and that to prevent a flamewar, posts have been deleted. I'd encourage all parties to continue the discussion in a classier manner.

A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
Ask the user to create a PM with an Admin or two and raise the issue there, as opposed to creating a public thread/post about it. I wouldn't reply with a personal response, as that would be contributing to a possible argument on the forums. I would then close the thread. If it was a post within another thread, it would be deleted.

GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:
How does NASA organize their company parties?...

They planet.

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.

ha...ahhaha.