Theories thread!

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, we need one of these going. What do you think is happening in the worlds? Any tin hat conspirators? Any mad theories?

Here's mine. A theory on the endgame of Daniel.

As you know, elysium is the land of the dead. In order to have an impact on the landscape, it would appear to be you have to be departed from your body. Although we the players are still alive, we can only walk around viewing the landscape, almost like ghosts, unable to affect these lands.

If my guess is correct, Daniel wants to obtain the old heart located in the ruins, possibly to gain some sort of power (i.e. wealth, land, immortality), however, he cannot obtain this whilst alive. My theory is that he is invading the government cities not for land in the overworld, but in the hope that he will die in battle, allowing him to take elysium, and therefore the old heart. Although he has defeated the people of castra, he has not destroyed the town. If I am correct, we will keep having to battle him on the overworld in petty matches until he dies, in which the final great battle of daniel's life shall occur. In short, we must always lose to him in overworld battles or he will likely overthrow the lands of elysium and gain the ultimate power.

That's my theory anyway.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Consider for a moment, we have never seen Daniel. He may not be a person at all. It would explain why everyone, even the npcs, are looking for him. Consider, also, the fact that Casandra is all alone. She has no family or friends, she just sits on the balcony and mourns. As we embarked on our journey, we slowly but surely realized that this whole land of Elysium is a delusion. Daniel was never real, there is no afterlife, there is no Elysium. Merely the delusions of a woman who has suffered severe emotional trauma from an unknown source.

Of course I don't really think this, but it's an amusing theory.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Consider for a moment, we have never seen Daniel.
Hm, if memory serves me correct, we have seen him at least 2 times. One time is in his little desert camp in the PvP Zone which was featured in a quest. The second is during/after we failed the Defending Castra event, but I'm almost certain he appeared in Castra after we lost Defending Castra... unless this is a completely different guy but I'm pretty sure we've at least seen him in these two things.

• Informative
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Consider for a moment, we have never seen Daniel.
Hm, if memory serves me correct, we have seen him at least 2 times. One time is in his little desert camp in the PvP Zone which was featured in a quest. The second is during/after we failed the Defending Castra event, but I'm almost certain he appeared in Castra after we lost Defending Castra... unless this is a completely different guy but I'm pretty sure we've at least seen him in these two things.
Well, to be honest, I was not at the Defending Castra event. However, Daniel himself being part of the illusion, he could show up. :p

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
THIS WHOLE TIME I'VE BEEN PLAYING A ILLUSION?!?!?

WHAT ELSE HAVE I THOUGHT WAS THERE BUT WASN'T THIS PAST 8 MONTHS.

PAST YEAR.

MY LIFE.
YOU'RE A PART OF A SPLIT PERSONALITY. YOU'LL END UP DISCOVERING THIS AFTER ATTEMPTING TO TRACK DOWN THE OTHER PERSONALITY BEFORE FIGHTING AND THEN BLOWING UP A LOAD OF BUILDINGS AND SHIT WHILST GETTING TOUCHY FEELY WITH HELENA BOHAM CARTER.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme