Blocktopia - Accepted TheArchiteck's Create Mod Application

TheArchiteck

Spook!
Donor
Reaction score
Website
blackcon.wikidot.com
Username: TheArchiteck
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) (UTC -5)
Total Create Ontime: 92 Days, 20 Hours
Time Allotted to Staff Duty: ~8 Hours/week, more if necessary

What prior staffing experience do you have?

I have had serious experience running my own server for a short period of time, and I have also been an admin on another friend’s server in the past. I have reasonable knowledge of plugins such as WorldGuard, WorldEdit, CoreProtect, and a number of others.

What do you think the role entails?

Fixing grief, assisting new players, tracking bug reports and fixing bugs, judging builds, carrying out other small miscellaneous tasks for the server and its members, being present in the case of an emergency.

(Side Note: I know that one of the expectations of moderators is to moderate chat, but personally, this is something I’d heavily prefer not to manage. I have had terrible experiences suffering under harsh chat moderation on past servers I've been to, and I am probably biased about it as a result. It would be best left to someone else.)

Why do you want to be a staff member?

I have a genuine desire to help this server grow and improve, because this is the best, most free, and most accepting creative Minecraft server I have ever been able to discover (and believe me, I have looked far and wide, I’m not just trying to suck up to you when I say this).

I also do not see enough staff available during the times of day at which my friends and I usually play. Any troubles encountered usually go unanswered for some time, which can be very stressful for them. I seek to resolve this problem by putting myself in a position where I could address such issues in a far more timely fashion.

This is primarily due to my impression that the current Create staff are either terribly busy, not active enough, or not active at the right time for my group. Hexical in particular seems rather weighted down with all their assorted duties and undertakings for the community, leaving very little time for them to fiddle with small things. I would like to be the one that deals with such small things Hex hasn’t the time for.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?

I believe myself to be mature enough to handle the responsibility involved with administrative tasks. I am careful and observant, and I am good at repairing damage to commands and blocks alike. I file regular error reports on the forums, which, with this position, I would like to have a shot at fixing myself.

An added bonus is that I have the largest ontime of anyone on the server, if the ontime command is not lying.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

If I came across a problem I did not know how to address, I would first carefully research for a way to solve it myself. If it remained problematic after that, I would bring it to my superior and/or to someone with more expertise on the subject.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?

I am a physicist and I like saying the word “spooky”. That is a complete description of my personality right there lol.

I like to spend time building and RPing on Create. I don’t really play EscRestart for any other reason.

Got any builds you'd like to show off?

Sure.

This is the main console room of my underground laboratory. It's a little old now, but I had fun making it, and I do update it occasionally as new blocks come out ingame.

References: Hex_
(and potentially jackamel in the near future, he is still observing me to see if I am worthy)

Pink

Reaction score
Hi Arch,

Thank you for your application.
As I don’t know you very well, I have seen you online often, even with a time difference of 8 hours ( I think ), you surely are active.

You diffenetly are mature. Maybe a bit too much sometimes. Which is not a bad thing, tho I was annoyed a little bit in the beginning I started paying attention to you because of your application.

But I would want to give you a chance +0.5
Goodluck!

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Right, I'd rather not have this sit here any longer, and I apologize that it took so long to get to (it seems some staff didn't even find the time to reply).

I think you'll be a great addition, considering you're really active is also a big plus. I do worry about you taking things a bit too seriously sometimes though. I'll go ahead and give you a trial phase for a week or so, and we can move on from there.

Accepted - Trial

Trial has been passed

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: TheArchiteck