The underpopulation of Gaia

TImoking

Reaction score
The families are pretty unevenly divided at the moment, with Dagon having at least three people on at all times and Gaia having almost no people online (except that annoying timoking guy). I would like to request a sign or notification at spawn to adress this problem.
with much love, that annoying timoking guy

Iggish

Reaction score
The families are pretty unevenly divided at the moment, with Dagon having at least three people on at all times and Gaia having almost no people online (except that annoying timoking guy). I would like to request a sign or notification at spawn to adress this problem.
with much love, that annoying timoking guy
Well at one point in the server, Gaia was the most active clan so something must have happened internally within Gaia to stop people from playing as often. Aswell as this sign measure, All of you guys should try organising a project together or something to boost playercount

TImoking

Reaction score
and how'd ya suppose i do that.
a normal boy/man would more likely go for war or chaos and minecraft is (just like 90% of games) mostly played by men.
with nature being the weakest and or girliest sounding, i think we got a slight disadvantage

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I chose the path of peace, several of the active members in gaia is now in aeres, if you take a look on the server, both gaia and primus is small clans, filled with builders.

Dagon has been closed due to the biggest clan, in an attempt to balance it, but I am afraid there is not too much else to do on this matter.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
As Danni pointed out, we're the peaceful clan. Our warlike members moved to Aeres so they can raid, and we're still on good terms. The other people that dropped off either built their things and were happy, or are part of the usual crowd that shows up for release and drifts away quickly. There is/was no major internal conflict to drive people away, and the peaceful clan has traditionally been one of the low pop clans on past smps (Mutaro, etc).

Also, if you're worried that we sound girly, wait till you see the arrangement of flowers I left in your garden. ;)

TImoking

Reaction score
1. I literally left dagon for gaia
2. cheaty nothing changed at either of my houses. You need to apologise to someone, becuase I think you trolled the wrong guy.
3. I'm still alone 90% of the time soooo... i dont know where those numbers come from comp

Iggish

Reaction score
1. I literally left dagon for gaia
2. cheaty nothing changed at either of my houses. You need to apologise to someone, becuase I think you trolled the wrong guy.
3. I'm still alone 90% of the time soooo... i dont know where those numbers come from comp
4. For the love of god please change your font / font size.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Well yeah, what I was talking about, no point in counting random people joining once or inactive people.
Eh, I think there's a point to be made about Gaia being unable to keep players, and that is more clan stuff should be done. Aeres does clan raids frequently - if Gaia is a building clan, maybe trying to hold a team build would have helped. People play SMP if stuff is happening. Stuff was happening when SMP started, which was why people played. As less stuff happened, players lost interest and less people played, and the amount of stuff happening can potentially be linked to the amount of active players. It's the same with Minecraft servers too, which is why we hold events and do updates to keep players interested. Either nothing happening or players not being aware of anything happening is why we have issues.

• Agree
Reactions: Danni122112

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, I think there's a point to be made about Gaia being unable to keep players, and that is more clan stuff should be done. Aeres does clan raids frequently - if Gaia is a building clan, maybe trying to hold a team build would have helped. People play SMP if stuff is happening. Stuff was happening when SMP started, which was why people played. As less stuff happened, players lost interest and less people played, and the amount of stuff happening can potentially be linked to the amount of active players. It's the same with Minecraft servers too, which is why we hold events and do updates to keep players interested. Either nothing happening or players not being aware of anything happening is why we have issues.
Except we do have things happening, constantly. There's 2 major projects going on right now. And when DK's project is "done", it'll be the start of a new project that everyone can participate in as well. It doesn't change the fact that most people who've joined us have built a house (if they even did that) and disappeared.

Maybe we need more visibility on these projects, but I can speak from experience in saying it's more likely that people play this game to do their own thing and leave when they're done. All throughout our smp history, I've literally only joined clans where it was required and I've always built on my own. And when I was done with my builds, my ontime scaled back a lot. The only exceptions to this are Kami and this server, where I'm required to be part of a clan, and I figured it would be fun to give the clan stuff a shot. That's where I think the issue is. It's not that we have nothing for new people to do, or that we sound girly and unexciting, but rather the new people we get tend to want to do their own things.