The Report Button and You!

Degekken

Reaction score
Dead the alert is broken for me, if I click on it an error occurs and this page does not load.

Also I already readed it. Quite good guide :D!

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
People, please report things that are wrong. Not things that have gone unhandled.

By that I mean, don't report an application or an appeal that follows correct format, but is being overlooked or fails to meet qualifications we set. Instead, please ping a (correct) controller to said thread. You do this by @<username> in a post in the thread. That means for me it is @Deadl0ck and for pick it is @Pick Yer Poison (and now that he's pinged, he might want to put this in his awesome OP, possibly even make an awesome illustration for it.)

Reaction score
People, please report things that are wrong. Not things that have gone unhandled.

By that I mean, don't report an application or an appeal that follows correct format, but is being overlooked or fails to meet qualifications we set. Instead, please ping a (correct) controller to said thread. You do this by @<username> in a post in the thread. That means for me it is @Deadl0ck and for pick it is @Pick Yer Poison (and now that he's pinged, he might want to put this in his awesome OP, possibly even make an awesome illustration for it.)
I have a feeling this might be directed at me :p I always do (Well used to now) that because it seemed like the best way to get the attention of the Higher-staff who can actually handle it.

Tagging makes sense, but really when it comes to an application... there's no specific C/HC that has to see it, and thus the report function serves as a wider beacon. So it doesn't really look like there's any reason NOT to use it?

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
I have a feeling this might be directed at me :p I always do (Well used to now) that because it seemed like the best way to get the attention of the Higher-staff who can actually handle it.

Tagging makes sense, but really when it comes to an application... there's no specific C/HC that has to see it, and thus the report function serves as a wider beacon. If you catch my drift...
Not just at you my dear. In fact, not nearly just at you, you are not the 99%. (Not saying someone else is, just an occupy reference) While I agree that there aren't specific C/HC that need to see things, -everyone- sees an annoying red box when there's a report open, and when they check it, and it doesn't apply to them... Well I can't speak for everyone, but to me, it annoys the shit out of me :p

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
I AM STILL SEEING REPORTS FOR THINGS THAT I UPDATED THE THREAD TO SAY SHOULDN'T BE REPORTED. THEREFORE, I BELIEVE PEOPLE MAY HAVE MISSED THIS.

The good, the bad, and the unhandled.

Remember that reports are for alerting moderators to posts that need immediate treatment - not things that are already in the system and are assuredly going to be processed, like ban appeals or staff applications that have been decided. The moderators who are prepared to deal with this are going to see it anyway; it will just end up sitting in the moderator queue until they get around to it, and that's irritating to all the other moderators.​

Reactions: Hunter and Summer10