The reason for being completely out of the community recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik1979

Reaction score
Before anyone asks, yes I am okay. I was lucky. I walked away from a situation in which EMTs, doctors, the towtruck driver, and police all told me I should've died in. I only had minor bruising and cuts all over my body. I feel like I got hit by a freight train though.

This is the reason that I haven't been around Blocktopia recently:
I was the driver in this accident. I hit a patch of black ice (if you don't know what it is, google it, I'm from Wisconsin, a mid-latitude climate, if you are from a tropical region you probably have no idea what it is) lost control, started veering into the other lane toward oncoming traffic. I then tried to correct this by going back toward my land, but if you know anything about black ice, you have no control over which direction you go. I ended up going off of the road and hitting a 4ft deep ditch. I proceeded to roll 8 times, end over end and then side over side. This deal was not because I'm a bad driver, but because I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. No holiday is worth death, this is a heads up for everyone that can drive to be very very careful when driving, especially during the winter weather if you live in a climate that has snow and ice.

• Love
Reactions: davidjl123

Summer10

Reaction score
Wow... I really don't know what to say... you are very lucky to be alive, and yes, black ice is very hard to spot and very dangerous as shown above...

erik1979

Reaction score
This was no doubt a great Christmas present.

NOTE: This is the second time I've been in a rollover accident under the same circumstances, I was a baby in my first rollover and my father was the driver. We too hit a patch of black ice and lost control, we didn't roll this bad though, but we were both still lucky to be alive considering the fact that I was an infant rolling around in a tiny car that was being crushed up, and my dad didn't have his seat belt on.

I was wearing my seat belt in this accident, and that definitely goes to show that everyone should wear a seat belt because it saved my life.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm glad your ok Erik, I've been wondering where you were. :)

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Glad that you're safe and sound. I've been wondering where you were, just wished it was under better circumstances as to your dissapearance. And last time I checked, black ice has not been added to minecraft so you should be safe in it :p. But yes, welcome back sir!

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I'm so glad that you are still alive! I know about the dangers of black ice, but I never had to drive on it yet...
Anyway, glad to see you in one piece, if you have any injuries I hope that they heal quickly.:)

JtTorso

Reaction score
Ho-ly shit Erik I honestly can't think of anything else to say but if I believed in luck, I'd probably say you were lucky, my mother was in several accidents (three or four) in her old car that involved black ice so I know how bad it is, but they were only minor compared to this, it's one thing to survive on accident, but another to come out of it unscathed.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Wow, if I had been there I would have been sure someone had been killed or at least hurt way worse than you were.

Good thing you're in one piece. Black ice is a terrible thing, almost gotten into terrible accidents at least 3 times because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.