The Pearled Bridge - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Ahoy, glad to be apart of another mafia again. o 3o

There's not really too much to go off of with Day Zero, not unless someone comes forth with information despite nothing happening and there being no information, thus leading us to whether or not we should sacrifice someone right now, refrain from doing so, or simply speaking about our course of action in the future days ahead.

The latter seems like the most logical, so I'll just say that we should take notice to any system broadcasts that do not label any activities in the future, specifically the Loud ones, as they do not dictate the roles or powers used, just that someone was busy during the night. While it may make people suspicious, we should take note that anyone can have a Loud trait, making anyone a possible target in the night, and simply labelling people with one or more powers...

Not to mention the possibility of someone with a Speech Compulsion, which may be harmless enough, but could very well be the cause of our downfall in this cult of ours. We should keep our ears open for any weird phrasing or wording as we progress through today.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ahoy, glad to be apart of another mafia again. o 3o

There's not really too much to go off of with Day Zero, not unless someone comes forth with information despite nothing happening and there being no information, thus leading us to whether or not we should sacrifice someone right now, refrain from doing so, or simply speaking about our course of action in the future days ahead.

The latter seems like the most logical, so I'll just say that we should take notice to any system broadcasts that do not label any activities in the future, specifically the Loud ones, as they do not dictate the roles or powers used, just that someone was busy during the night. While it may make people suspicious, we should take note that anyone can have a Loud trait, making anyone a possible target in the night, and simply labelling people with one or more powers...

Not to mention the possibility of someone with a Speech Compulsion, which may be harmless enough, but could very well be the cause of our downfall in this cult of ours. We should keep our ears open for any weird phrasing or wording as we progress through today.
hi duffie, glad to see you again!!

can you elaborate on why you believe the speech compulsion could be our downfall and why we should keep an eye out for them?

• Love
Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
hi duffie, glad to see you again!!
Woo! :D

can you elaborate on why you believe the speech compulsion could be our downfall and why we should keep an eye out for them?
Seeing as Speech Compulsion is a trait, (connected to a role,) this means that any powers this role might possibly have could be affected by such a trait. It could also be connected to a win condition, but it could just as easily be connected to the availability of using their powers, being a required task before enabling their roles in the night. It is noted that further successful compulsions lead to more positive outcomes, but postive could be bad for us. This could very well be someone in either the cult, or part of the traitors, so we should be just as vigilant either way.

I should also note that they are unallowed to speak up about their compulsion, as doing so may break their vows to keep quiet about such a thing. They will be unlikely in coming clean about their trait, which may or may not further allow us to notice their compulsion.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Woo! :D

Seeing as Speech Compulsion is a trait, (connected to a role,) this means that any powers this role might possibly have could be affected by such a trait. It could also be connected to a win condition, but it could just as easily be connected to the availability of using their powers, being a required task before enabling their roles in the night. It is noted that further successful compulsions lead to more positive outcomes, but postive could be bad for us. This could very well be someone in either the cult, or part of the traitors, so we should be just as vigilant either way.

I should also note that they are unallowed to speak up about their compulsion, as doing so may break their vows to keep quiet about such a thing. They will be unlikely in coming clean about their trait, which may or may not further allow us to notice their compulsion.
oh okay, thanks

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
  • Informative
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
time to start a conversation!

does anybody else find duffie a bit suspicious so far?

their posts so far have felt like 'busy work' to me, like they felt pressured to somehow be productive due to hiding their secret identity so to compensate for that, tried to squeeze out content that we'd find helpful

the reason it feels that way is because I'm having a hard time understanding why these thoughts/lines of investigation are coming from a genuine place if that makes sense?

like, her first post was essentially pointing out roles that exist in the game without really saying anything relevant about them to my mind - telling us to watch out for the speech compulsion even though we'll never be able to know if that person is on our side or not regardless of the speech compulsion, and to watch out for 'loud' traits even though it isn't really relevant to discuss those

and then their post about who said hello and who didn't again feels like she's trying to be useful, and trying to seem like she's relaxed and getting to work, but all of it is a result of her feeling panicky about being caught out and trying her best to think of something productive to do but it's not coming from a genuine place of 'this is important to post' - why did you find this important to post Duffie, can you help me understand that?

that's how I feel about duffie right now, obviously it's very early on and maybe she and me are just thinking about stuff really differently, or maybe it's just her trying to start some kind of discussion as town, but it doesn't feel that way to me, and I don't remember her being like this before

(my original plan was to wait a bit before bringing this up to see if she'd carry on doing it but i think it'd be more fun to start talking about it now)

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this!

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Well, it has finally begun: The Debates!

time to start a conversation!

does anybody else find duffie a bit suspicious so far?

their posts so far have felt like 'busy work' to me, like they felt pressured to somehow be productive due to hiding their secret identity so to compensate for that, tried to squeeze out content that we'd find helpful

the reason it feels that way is because I'm having a hard time understanding why these thoughts/lines of investigation are coming from a genuine place if that makes sense?

like, her first post was essentially pointing out roles that exist in the game without really saying anything relevant about them to my mind - telling us to watch out for the speech compulsion even though we'll never be able to know if that person is on our side or not regardless of the speech compulsion, and to watch out for 'loud' traits even though it isn't really relevant to discuss those

and then their post about who said hello and who didn't again feels like she's trying to be useful, and trying to seem like she's relaxed and getting to work, but all of it is a result of her feeling panicky about being caught out and trying her best to think of something productive to do but it's not coming from a genuine place of 'this is important to post' - why did you find this important to post Duffie, can you help me understand that?

that's how I feel about duffie right now, obviously it's very early on and maybe she and me are just thinking about stuff really differently, or maybe it's just her trying to start some kind of discussion as town, but it doesn't feel that way to me, and I don't remember her being like this before

(my original plan was to wait a bit before bringing this up to see if she'd carry on doing it but i think it'd be more fun to start talking about it now)

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this!
So, to start off, I just want to note that I'm so happy I ended up making you think about this, on Day Zero of all days. xD

... But, alas, you are merely overthinking the little things. x)

Regarding my post about Speech Compulsion and Loud traits, I was actually pointing out that these two traits are ones worth mentioning on Day Zero, as they are the first traits you can notice between Day Zero and Day One, as Speech Compulsion is based around day chatting, and Loud is always displayed as someone making noise during the night, displaying actions in play without showing roles or powers, only names. I wanted to give warnings regarding each of these traits before either were to possibly come into play, allowing us to watch either of these traits.

As for my post around saying hello, that was actually just a fun little thing I did because there's litterally nothing else to do on Day Zero. xD

The only important bits of my conversation has been the one(s) around me talking about the traits, really... And that's not even too important, really, as it gets us no where; Unless you regard a collective agreement or debate amongst who could be who on Day Zero as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.