The Iron Vault: Buy inventory space

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score

The Iron Vault
During your time on RoF, you will find many rare items and blocks you’ll want to keep. If you’re Underling or above, that’s fine: You can buy a plot and just store your items on there. However, if you’re not a plot owner, you’ll find yourself limited to your own inventory and your ender chest! Where are you going to store all your items you value?! Simple answer: in the Iron Vault.

So, what is it?
The Iron Vault is a player-owned vault on my plot. How it works is you “hire” a chest from me, give me the items you’d like to store, and I store them safely on my plot. Should you die, have a full inventory or filled enderchest, you’ll still be able to store your items safely and keep on hoarding stuff. For a small fee, of course.

Alrighty, I love it! So, how much do I have to pay?
Buying a chest is a one-time fee. You pay for your chest once and you keep it forever. This means, even if you go inactive, your stuff will be safe and I will never get rid of it. You can retrieve the content from your chest anytime by asking me for your stuff (on the forums, in-game, whatever). Currently, I have the following prices:

One chest: FREE! (for anyone under Underling)

Doublechest: 320 stone bricks OR 320 nether brick OR 32 obsidian OR 16 iron

Prices are temporary and may change in the future, because this is experimental. May become cheaper or more expensive in the future. Will be adding more options (4 chests, 5 chests, etc.) if demand increases.

But how can I trust you and be sure you won’t steal my items?
Because stealing is illegal and I’d get banned. Also, I keep track of the items through a spreadsheet, so even if I accidentally lost your stuff, I would know exactly what I lost, and would easily be able to get it back to you. I take screenshots of every agreed upon deposit/withdrawal and have the chatlog mod installed.

I want my stuff back! NOW!

Sure! You can have it all back, immediately! I do have to be on the server, of course, but you can send me a message ahead if it’s really important. If you take back all your items and/or cancel your vault, I will give you back half of what you paid. If you cancel your vault within 31 days of buying it, I will give back everything you paid (first purchase only).

Last edited:

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Hmm. Couldn't you use a chest, hopper-piston, dispenser system to automatically deposit and withdraw items into the Bank? By providing each person with a PIN number associated by dropping items onto weighted pressure plates and using comparators it should be simple to build a combination lock interface that works without pushing any buttons or levers (since that's denied by plot permissions).

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm. Couldn't you use a chest, hopper-piston, dispenser system to automatically deposit and withdraw items into the Bank? By providing each person with a PIN number associated by dropping items onto weighted pressure plates and using comparators it should be simple to build a combination lock interface that works without pushing any buttons or levers (since that's denied by plot permissions).
wouldnt that take up hella more space

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
=

wouldnt that take up hella more space
Lack of space is a concern and also there's no need to overcomplicate it.

Reactions: kuilin