The Hunger Games: Discussion Thread

shawnachu

Reaction score
Please no.

The map looks impressive, but there are design flaws holding it back. Since the map is designed around towering buildings instead of the wilderness, the amount of PvP action becomes instantly reduced since the playing area is effectively 100 times bigger. Go watch footage of the map being played on CaptainSparklez/AntVenom/SSohPKC and you'll see what I mean. Everyone started scaling the buildings, and even if they spotted someone on another building, chasing them down would have been too impractical. A lot more participants died by natural causes rather than PvP, and that alone really saps the fun out of the map. In addition, finding food and resources is a chore due to the time it takes to climb up and down the buildings; it boils down to who doesn't accidentally fall off a cliff first.

DJS0102

Reaction score
I play on a hunger games server that generates random maps and runs on 10 different servers that are launching games every 10 minutes. (you die, you're booted, go to a different server) I was wondering if Blocktopia could do something like this...
HOWEVER
The community that runs the servers is NAMEREMOVED, and they have a $6000 budget....
;)

Don't advertise <3 - Dragosh

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yes, we should have the map uploaded on A+T for occasions instead of v1.
The map would drag on for hours and cause major boredem. It'd be good for over 40 players, but with a max of 24 there wont be much action except for players going straight for certain items and then camping areas.