The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
feels too loosely structured
I mean it seems pretty structured to me. Lots of roles (though it seems not all?) have an objective related to their vice. Presumably achieving these objectives satisfies their vice, thus making them happy.

Honestly with all of these vices, I think it makes even less sense for there not to exist a role which can see whether they are satisfied.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Verb Count
Wherein - oh I guess this game is now 'The One With The Modkills'

Votes have been wiped...again since most of them were on Mac anyway, and the execution threshold is slightly changed so I can't let votes persist

MacTarvish has been modkilled. They were the Happy Pill Dealer. [Neutral-Aligned]

Alignment: Neutral
You used to be the CEO of the Institute, but as far as anyone should be concerned, you’re just another person that was teleported here alongside everyone else. A corporate buyout from the other executives rendered you powerless, and in retaliation you are using your remaining stock of Happy Pills to ruin the lives of anyone dependent or potentially dependent on them.

You have an endless supply of Happy Pills. Visitors will gain a Happy Pill.

Night Action: Visit one player and give them a Happy Pill, or close your operation temporarily and refuse to give any visitors Happy Pills.

Vice: Lip Balm
Lip Balm is so addictive. You could keep eating it for days!

Nights where you obtain a Lip Balm will have your visit fail, but Visitors to you can still gain Happy Pills as normal. You will use up one Lip Balm at the end of every night.

Win Condition: Trigger negative Vice effects of players that have 'Happy Pills' as their vice, or get them killed.

Pleasebethelastonepleasebethelastonepleasebethelastone

With 12 players remaining, it takes 7 verbs for an execution and 6 verbs for a no execution.

Deadline Clock
(For those wondering why the times are so weird, it's because I gotta make the deadlines where I'm confident work won't interfere + the hour I choose needs to be consistent across each day period)

Comp
Enderfive
hipmeow
HKCaper
Infected_alien8_
Ltin
Mooglie
Mulbery
Nottykitten
Stranger from Planet 9
TheWeakGuy48_
Timdood3

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Wow they were third party what a surprise, nobody could of guessed this!

Well, that was a twist.

Anyway, now that that's over, I can't escape the feeling that Notty and Mooglie are a scumteam pulling some weird act on us.

Throw angry bird at Notty
Does having seen 2 third parties not add a little bit of credibility to my yet mysterious claim?

I think we'll want to lynch Ltin now in an attempt to get another Mafia? With Mac's role outed it feels even more weird for Ltin to be all about happy pills. Realistically this death puts one of Ender/Tim as Mafia too in my opinion and though I said before it was Tim I'm starting to have my doubts. I don't mind keeping that lynch for another day while we get Ltin

Distrust Ltin

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Does having seen 2 third parties not add a little bit of credibility to my yet mysterious claim?
Not really, it's kind of a non sequitur IMO. The number of 3ps doesn't change the fact that we've only killed one member of the mafia team thus far, and IDK how many mafias we have yet to lynch - I'd guess 3 based on the existence of 2 3ps which leaves you plenty of room to be scum.
Besides, mulb and I effectively nerfed our roles heavily by claiming. I'd like to know more about why your role would be useless if you claimed - is it related to your vice, or are you afraid of getting nightkilled, or something else?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Not really, it's kind of a non sequitur IMO. The number of 3ps doesn't change the fact that we've only killed one member of the mafia team thus far, and IDK how many mafias we have yet to lynch - I'd guess 3 based on the existence of 2 3ps which leaves you plenty of room to be scum.
Id guess 2 more Mafia because Jurgen was essentially the fourth secretive Mafia. I also think we still have 2 third parties to go.

Besides, mulb and I effectively nerfed our roles heavily by claiming. I'd like to know more about why your role would be useless if you claimed - is it related to your vice, or are you afraid of getting nightkilled, or something else?
Something else. I don't mind claiming tomorrow so I can have one more action, if you don't mind waiting a day.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean it seems pretty structured to me. Lots of roles (though it seems not all?) have an objective related to their vice. Presumably achieving these objectives satisfies their vice, thus making them happy.

Honestly with all of these vices, I think it makes even less sense for there not to exist a role which can see whether they are satisfied.
It seems really unintuitive to be about a vice is satisfied though considering some peoples vice activating is a positive and for some it's a negative, and that happy pills haven been established - I don't think your role would be flavoured to be about being happy if it's about a completely different thing to happy pills

Anyway Mac's role makes me suspicious of Ender and Tim

Ender because he says he has a positive effect from happy pills which seems like a lie considering mac's role

Tim because he said he automatically visit soon people who give out happy pillar and that prevents him from using a vigilante shot, which to me would class as a negative vice effect triggered by happy pills, yet if that's the case Mac's win co would be far too easy to achieve considering Tim has a large chance of auto visiting him each night

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What is it about then
My assumption (which I think holds water) is that it is about vices in general.
I don't remember the specifics of every revealed role, but iirc most (but not all?) of them (including my own) have an objective to complete which is related to their vice. Presumably satisfying their objective would satisfy their vice, which makes them happy.
"Happy" is part of the name of this game. Surely happiness must have a part the game beyond a few pill poppers.
?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This feels really out of place after I posted it. I just want to say that I only used it because it was what my phone suggested when I typed "happy."
The truth is that you just like using emojis which is the real reason you were using them before, but when someone mentioned how I was weird you thought it'd be a good claim to say it was part of your vice since it'd have at least some kind of verification to it

That's what I think anyway

Also thinking about it I can see tim's thing not counting as a negative effect from happy pills in Alisha's mind and more just of a positive effect in the absence of them

My main concern is Ender since mac's role was all about causing negativity with pills so ender benefitting from them seems unlikely to me

Status
Not open for further replies.