The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
scumread on ender now

cc's poke, then someone points it out, then he admits he missed poke's claim and then suddenly he's no longer ccing poke

i'd like to know how you're suddenly compatible with poke despite him saying he's the only one to give out books when he clearly isn't from your pov (and kinda mine but i guess my books could just be powerless in this case)

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
scumread on ender now

cc's poke, then someone points it out, then he admits he missed poke's claim and then suddenly he's no longer ccing poke

i'd like to know how you're suddenly compatible with poke despite him saying he's the only one to give out books when he clearly isn't from your pov (and kinda mine but i guess my books could just be powerless in this case)
but i never said i'm cc'ing poke

i said i gave a book to boo and i said that flavour wise, poke being the only one able to give out books from a library is compatible with my flavour. i'm not giving books out of any library, so if that's the reason poke thought he was the only one capable of giving out books, then that doesn't contradict my role

also are you cc'ing poke then because you sound like you are but you're also making your own claim compatible with poke despite believing him about being the only one capable of handing out books

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but i never said i'm cc'ing poke

i said i gave a book to boo and i said that flavour wise, poke being the only one able to give out books from a library is compatible with my flavour. i'm not giving books out of any library, so if that's the reason poke thought he was the only one capable of giving out books, then that doesn't contradict my role

also are you cc'ing poke then because you sound like you are but you're also making your own claim compatible with poke despite believing him about being the only one capable of handing out books
poke said he was told specifically he's the only one able to hand out books period and that he has a monopoly over them, so you're still ccing him if you can hand out books

and yes i am lowkey ccing him since i can technically hand out a 'Book' but i can also think of a way around it if doing that just doesn't give them the same ability that his books do (but ive been scumreading poke all game anyway so i think its far more likely he's just lying)

and no i never said i believed poke's claim

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Vote Count
Deadline Clock

Boooo - 9 (Mooglie, HKCaper, Stranger from Planet 9, Boooo, Nottykitten, PokeSVorlds ,hipmeow, Infected_Alien8, Mulbery) [E-1]

Modkill inactives - 4 (Infected_alien8, Mooglie, Nottykitten, hipmeow)

JurgenVW

Reaction score
Right so I'm currently travelling and spent the last week panicking to finish a work project that got a month cut out of its deadline.

As of tomorrow (IRL) I can properly commit to the game. Apologies for the absence to this point.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Boooo was shoved into the device, which closed around them. A clear glass panel allowed the remaining eighteen people to take a good look at what was about to happen.

Sawblades. It began with just one, ripping up Boooo’s leg. Then more of them came. Each inflicting non-lethal wounds to prolong the pain.

Everybody, Boooo included, expected a final sawblade to come down and end the misery.

It did not come.

Instead, tendrils of an unknown substance wrapped around the ripped up parts of Boooo’s body, attaching themselves to the broken parts and appearing as as a silvery material, patching Boooo up where there was no longer skin. Boooo howled in pain, and the lost blood was drained out of the device.

Then the floor started to shift out from underneath them, and Boooo fell down out of the device into parts unknown. The floor replaced itself in the device, and the glass panel retracted, to allow more people to enter if they dared.

A small alert notification popped up from a screen nearby the device, and the remaining eighteen captives looked at it. It displayed an old fashioned console output.

“Boooo was entirely deserving of the fate they are prepared for. A scumbag before and after they were teleported here with the rest of you. The scumbags have been notified of their status, and have been given opportunities to converse with each other during the night. Your goal is to continue to put the scumbags in the Happiness Assurance Device. Do not misapply justice, for the fate that awaits people in the Device is grim.

Boooo is now going to have their negative energy harvested several times every day through use of sawblades, so that the rest of the world can gain the opposing positive energy, and stay happy.”

Boooo was the Executive Assistant. [Mafia-aligned]
Alignment: Mafia
Your job had a lot of downtime as the executive you worked for was really, really lazy, so you learned a lot on how to learn more about other people.

Night Action: Visit one player. Learn their occupation, vice and how it affects them.

Vice: Books
Books let you write down your findings on people more effectively. To you they’re basically spare sheets of paper.

Vice Objective: If you have a Book in your Inventory at the beginning of the night, you may use it up to broadcast your night results to your faction chat at the end of the night.

Win Condition: Gain control of the vote with all threats to the Mafia eliminated.

And now, the ones that have been unable to comply with the directives they have been given;

Tendrils shot out and hit Shadow_Hunter3 and Sessybessy, dragging them into the device together. The same scene that happened to Boooo went through with them, too. The console displayed some additional information:

Let those two serve as a warning for the rest of you. Do not participate, and your negative energy will also be harvested.

Shadow_Hunter3 - Game Store Clerk - a room decorated just like his job back home just to keep him happy and draw him in and let him immerse himself, now destroyed.

Sessybessy - Homemaker - A room that looks sparse, and needs to be spruced up every day. It will be no longer spruced up.

Last Chance for Activity List
Good Skele
MacTarvish
Comp
JurgenVW

Shadow_Hunter3 was the Game Store Clerk. [Town-Aligned]
Alignment: Town
You just had a part time job to make a little bit of money selling some cool video games. Now you’ve been whisked off to a place that looks like a video game. Go figure.

You have an endless supply of Video Games. Visitors will gain a Video Game.

Night Action: You may visit one person and give them a Video Game.

Vice: Happy Pills
You’ve always wanted to try out some of those rumored Happy Pills, but you’ve resisted seeking them out. Good thing too, because your workplace would probably be very unhappy if you took them.

You will automatically use Happy Pills that find their way into your inventory.

The first night you consume a Happy Pill, you workplace will give you a stern warning.
The second night you consume a Happy Pill, you will be fired from your job and no longer have a supply of Video Games to give to people.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Sessybessy was the Homemaker. [Town-Aligned]
Your job is taking care of the house. By some bizarre stroke of fate, both you and your spouse happened to be teleported into the Institute together, yay!

Night Action: You may visit one player of your choice.

Your Spouse is: Infected_alien8_

You have access to a shared night chat with your spouse, as long as you keep your Vice satisfied.

Vice: Items
As a Homemaker, you have many different hobbies at once. Without anything to do, you will get bored very easily.

Vice Objective: You will become irritable if you do not have any items in your inventory by the end of each night. If you are irritable for two nights in a row, you will shut down your shared chat with your spouse. It will re-open if you manage to make yourself happy again by satisfying your Vice. You will use one item per night.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

It is now Night 2.

Please send in your actions now.​

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Books everywhere. Within the largest pile, sat PokeSvorld's body.

The librarian. Gone. No more chances for them to be happy.

In mourning, everyone set the room Poke kept for themself on fire.

PokeSvorlds was the Librarian. [Town-Aligned]
You called dibs on the Institute’s library for sleeping in, as soon as you stopped being disoriented from being teleported randomly. You have a monopoly on giving out books.

You have a never-ending library of Books. Visitors will gain a Book.

Night Action: You may visit one person and give them a Book.

Vice: Coin Collecting
You possess an antique collection of coins that you are extremely proud of. If anything happened to them, you would just burn every book in the library.

Vice Objective: Don’t lose your Coin Collection, which is considered an item in your Inventory. If you do lose it, you will be unable to hand out books to visitors or visit anybody else permanently.

It is now Day 2.
• With 15 players, it takes 8 votes to execute or choose to not execute anybody for the day.
• To vote, type in verb [Playername], or vote No Execution if you do not want anyone executed. Bold your votes if you want them to be counted.
• Deadline: 10 September UTC 22:00. If the deadline is hit without a consensus, the vote will default to nobody being executed.
Stay Happy ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.