The Grumpy Cat Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Well, it has the word cat in it so I'm thinking Notty...

Either way, let's get an important aspect of a room like this out of the way.

We don't know each other's roles. I think that we shouldn't roleclaim in here since there could easily be a mafia/third party lurking that can use that information to tell their mafia buddies what's happening.

But what we CAN use this for, is to say who we think is suspicious and give reasoning. If a mafia member kills one of us later, the people that are still alive can use that information. But remember, don't take anyone's word by heart if they're still alive, because that can easily mislead you. Heck, you don't even need to listen to me, since my role isn't confirmed as innocent either :p

• Winner
Reactions: Nottykitten

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
alright not roleclaiming makes a lot of sense. but is there a way we can use this chat to our advantage? I'd really like to be able to use it to find the mafia. also should we mention this to the public? I can't really see the advantages of either keeping this chat secret or sharing it.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I say we keep it a secret for now, I can think of one advantage that I would rather not say for a little bit.

I have firsthand experience with how devastating a day chat can be, and I want to use this to the fullest extent possible too. But right now the bonus is mitigated because we don't know each other's roles.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Will we ever know each others roles? I'm sorry but in a closed setup game any role that exists could easy be chosen and lied about to be the same role for the other side ( i remember a certain case of this in doomed cruise) hopefully we can eventually find a work around but unless we have a cop in this convo i suspect it will take some time.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Fiestaguy raised a red flag, but not enough for me to vote quite yet.

I'm going to watch Ender a bit closely because he changed his opinion due to the time limit.

Not much to go off of I'm afraid, but at least we got some meaningful discussion in.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
It could be nothing, but it's something to take note of for later.

I did find it interesting that nitasu asked if he could roleplay as a girl as well. That's something to keep in mind, it seems unusual to have to ask a question like that, especially because I did a roleplay like that in the doomed cruise without any second thoughts.

storm886

Reaction score
Ciao, Teodoro is here! My friends, we will have much fun here!

Yeah at least one person in here is third party/mafia I bet, so BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT. I always sleep with one eye open.... just in case. Anyways my suspicions are timdood and fiesta.... they talk way too much and bring little material to their posts...

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Welcome to the inn storm <3

So basically what we know is that it's very likely one of the four of us is mafia. We will need to keep that in mind, especially if we suspect information leaking. It's not a guideline, I'm wondering if GmK made some sort of twist to combat that sort of thinking. (like all of us being innocent)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Now that we've all revealed ourselves, I have a plan. Let's weaponize this inn.

Basically, if any of us die and is revealed to everyone else as innocent or janitored, we reveal we're in a room together. That way, the lurking mafia member would be narrowed down to 1/3 publically.

That should serve as a protection for each of us, even the mafia member if they so choose. Then we can wait this out until we get more content in the main thread before making a move against each other.

Obviously the plan only works if we assume one of us is anti-town, but still, it should generally work.

What do you guys think?

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Given that this is a day talk as well as a night talk, unlike Floor 7, we can give thoughts on the current day as they happen as well. No-lynching is the best option so far - try and change my view.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Now that we've all revealed ourselves, I have a plan. Let's weaponize this inn.

Basically, if any of us die and is revealed to everyone else as innocent or janitored, we reveal we're in a room together. That way, the lurking mafia member would be narrowed down to 1/3 publically.

That should serve as a protection for each of us, even the mafia member if they so choose. Then we can wait this out until we get more content in the main thread before making a move against each other.

Obviously the plan only works if we assume one of us is anti-town, but still, it should generally work.

What do you guys think?
I'm not that familiar with hotel room chats or such so maybe that's why I can't understand why the most likely cause of death is someone in this room but it's a bit of a large assumption don't you think? I don't know much about this room but it could have been set up in any number of ways. So for all my reasoning I have to assume that it's random. Statistically there should be a mafia/third party in here but I really can't see why the odds would be any larger than any other four randomly selected people. Of course if there is a mafia this could be really good. I would be all for this plan if it weren't for the fact we don't know for certain there's even a mafia in here. I'm honestly afraid if there isn't were just announcing to the public there's probably a mafia in here so they should lynch among the remaining three if someone does die by outside causes and we end up killing off townspeople who for all we know could be vital power roles.

as far as the No-lynch/vs/Lynch scenario is concerned I'm pretty much going to agree we shouldn't lynch anyone, Though I don't want to say I'm definitely going to no-lynch or I feel it will take some of the importance out of the day 0 discussion.

note: I typed this at 4:30 am so if the wording is a little off I apologize

storm886

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind doing it Alpha. I think it would be very beneficial especially after a few more days/nights when we see our playing styles. It would make it somewhat easier to pick out the third party/mafia if there is one.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Prizyms: I agree that no lynching is going to be the best conclusion to the day, but I would rather we reach a no lynch by time running out, since there seems to be a lot to discuss right now.

Myusername: I'm going to admit to everyone that the plan is very meta, and it does bank upon someone being anti-town in here. However, if we bring it up to everyone in the main thread after only one of us dies, then we can give everyone else *something* to work with.

Obviously they don't have to listen to us, and as long as we just tell them there might be an anti town within the three remaining at that point, the rest of the group can work it out from there. We don't have to say 'there's a 100% chance one of the three of us is mafia', we can say "look, there's a decent chance a mafia is lurking within one of three people here, it's something to consider'.

We shouldn't expect people to want to lynch one of the remaining people immediately after telling them, but it should complement other suspicions that happen. I mean, it's certainly possible that a vigilante from outside the room takes a random shot and kills one of us. But this is meant to give us protection from any threats in here for at least a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.