The Greedy King (Cancelled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The Greedy King
Oh what a greedy king is he! He traveled the land and took every gold, silver and copper piece he could see! Several villagers were discussing the greed of their King Dean in a musty tavern, located in a small town.
One villager claimed 'He once took the copper piece I gave me son for his birthday he did!'
'I heard he had his guards tip the mayor here upside down so he could get every last one of his silvers!' Another villager said.
A third villager sobbed and said 'That greedy king took my wife's wedding ring and melted it down for gold!'

Listening in on the conversation were two hooded men carrying all manner of tools and weaponry, assassins who had pledged to protect the innocent. Hearing the grief of the villagers they quietly discussed among themselves and made a decision that they would bring an end to the greedy king.

Listening in on the conversation between the two hooded men was a man clad in black, a world renowned thief whose face had never once been seen by those he stole from. Hearing their plan he decided he would follow them and take the greedy king's treasure for himself.

Of course listening in to all the men in the tavern was a member of the royal guard, who had decided to take a break here at the tavern before returning to his king. Overhearing both the assassins and the thief who had muttered aloud his thoughts, he quickly but quietly, left the tavern to bring the news to his king.

King Dean was very greedy, however he was smart enough to realize that he needed to keep his guards happy if they were to serve him. So the king rewarded his guards handsomely every time they protected him from danger.

Knowing this the guard from the tavern raced back to the castle to meet with his king and collect his reward, unaware that both the assassins and the thief were following not far behind him.

As the guard arrived at the castle he realized he would have to wait for his turn to watch over the king before he could break the news. King Dean only allowed one Royal Guard to watch over him at a time, so that he only had to reward a single man if he was in danger.

In the meantime the assassins were searching for a way to clamber the walls to get into the castle, while the thief searched for a way to sneak in. All three men eventually determined the best way to get inside the castle was to disguise themselves as royal guards.
With their disguises the three men hand crafted they all proceeded to walk through the front gates, the regular man-at-arms stationed at the castle not even bothering to check to see if they were real or not.

The two assassins began their search for King Dean, while the thief began his search for the treasure vault. All three men eventually reach the throne room, where strangely enough, all the other members of the royal guard were gathering as well. In fact their entrance was perfectly timed, the king having been warned about the approaching danger had sent out a call to all his royal guards to meet with him. (The guard who warned the king announced his immediate retirement having been rewarded with a full sack of gold.)
As all his guards entered the throne room, he too entered not from his quarters, but from a side room, also disguised as a royal guard. There were now eight people standing in the room all dressed as royal guards and the confusion on the face of everyone was evident.

There was a note that Dean had written earlier instructing all guards about the rogues who had come to harm their king and to take off their helmets, and so they did. An interesting fact about King Dean and his guards is that they are instructed to wear their helmets all the time during their watch. The true Royal guards all instantly recognized the King, but Dean's heart sank as he realized a slight hitch in his plan, out of everyone here, there was not a single face he recognized.

There were further complications in his plan as well, due to King Dean only allowing a single guard at a time to protect him, none of the Royal Guards recognized their fellow guards either.
As if that wasn't enough, the assassins realized that they had no idea what the face of the king looked like though they did recognize their own partner. The thief who had found the vault locked tight also looked among the faces before him, one of them had the key and he would do whatever it took to find it.

tl:dr READ THE DAMN STORY!

Hi everyone and welcome to The Greedy King, sorry about the long introduction but I felt it necessary to explain this more unique game mode that I plan on hosting.

The idea behind this game mode came from the mafia IRC bot we used to have, its designed for 8 players and you should definitely have a few games under your belt if you want to sign up.

So without further ado I will lay out the roles and the rules~

King Dean: King Dean is the antagonist in this game mode, he has stolen just about every piece of gold, silver and copper in the lands he rules. The entire game hinges on this man, if you die, both you and the royal guards lose immediately and the game ends.

As King you hold the key to the treasury where all your riches are stored, this key can be stolen by the thief, it can be recovered by lynching him during the day. If you lose the key and the assassins all die then you and the Royal Guards still lose.

The king has no powers other than the ability to vote during the day.

Royal Guard x4: The Royal Guards have an interesting role in this game, they all start out knowing the identity of the King, but if he dies then the Guards lose.

You have no powers other than the ability to vote during the day.

Assassin x2: The Assassins are the protagonists in this game mode, you have one main objective and that is to eliminate the king.

Assassins can vote during the day, but you also can kill one person each night as decided between yourselves.
Furthermore on lynch you can choose one person to kill with your Suicide Bomb this happens at night along with a night kill if your partner remains alive. This means that if the last Assassin dies there will be one last night in which he can perform one more kill, so be aware of that.

The Assassins lose if the king is alive at the end of the game or the thief has stolen the key to the Treasury Vault, please note that the game ends if the Assassins all die or the King dies.

The Thief: The Thief is the only 3rd party character in this game and can only win if he survives till the end of the game with the king's key.

The Thief can vote during the day to lynch.
During the night the Thief can select a target to pickpocket, if its the King then you steal his key, be warned everyone will be alerted if the key to the vault is successfully stolen and neither party can win while you have the key. Once you have the key you have to survive until either the Assassins are wiped out or the King is dead after which the game ends and you win.

Rules:
1. Revealing the identity of the King will get you mod-killed immediately and if I host further games you will not be allowed to join, you have been warned.

2. Talking about the game outside of the game thread is not allowed, please refrain from doing so.

3. Using pm Mechanics as evidence for voting is not allowed, again, please refrain from doing so.

4. Memes are okay, but don't use them to flame or troll.

5. Be polite to each other ya little fuckers or I'll kidnap ya and shower you in Australian spiders.

Breaking rules 2-5 will result in a warning initially, futher rule breaking will have you either replaced or mod-killed depending on the circumstances.

Breaking Rule 1 is an immediate mod-kill as revealing the king will break the game.

There are 8 spots available, I will be selecting people who I think will produce a great game.
You are more likely to be chosen if you meet my personal list of requirements.

1. You've played a few mafia forum games in the past.

2. You were active in most mafia games and weren't silent for the majority of the time.

3. You are also somewhat active on the forums currently.

EDIT: Game starts at Day 0 apologies for not mentioning previously.

Signup Format is as follows pm me questions about the format please!

Games Played:
Timezone:
Most fearsome Australian animal you can think of:​

Last edited:

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Games Played: Many (both here and on other mafia sites)
Timezone: GMT -7
Most fearsome Australian animal you can think of: magpies (fear the swooping season)
Hope the pace in this game is a little quicker =p (rip Jivvi's internet)

Reactions: JKangaroo

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Games Played: I cannot tell you how long ago i lost track of this number. I have played numerous games inside of and a few outside of this community for several years now.
Timezone: EDT (UTC -4)
Most fearsome Australian animal you can think of: Humans. Australia is filled with tons of terrifying animals, but if i were one of those animals up against a small group of well armed people i would be scared for my life.

Reactions: JKangaroo

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
HERE HE COMES TO WRECK THE DAY points if you can name the movie
Games Played: idk a bunch i guess. I will now attempt to name them all from memory. Season 7, that hotel thingy, medieval mafia, that one with Jivvi, the thing with the masks n stuff, and i dont remember the rest.
Timezone: Central GMT -6:00
Most fearsome Australian animal you can think of: Daniel Ricciardo

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well considering how long its been sitting here I guess not enough people are interested and considering I'm moving further into my uni semester I'm not sure I can host it any more without my studies interfering so I guess I'm going to have to close signups and cancel the game.

My apologies to those who signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.