Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLave

Reaction score
Map Name: The Glade
Author: BigDaddyLave
Area: 61x105 (Its a square)
Map Boundary: The center of the map is: x:2932 y:104.620 z:3527

Kits:
-Starting Hunter (Griever): Full Iron Armor, Stone sword.
-Scavenger (Crank): Leather Helmet, Leather Chest plate, Leather Pants, Stone Sword
-Regular Kit (Glader): Full Leather Armor, Stone Sword

Random Kits for both Hunter and Survivors

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/aJ3mhq8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G0fnvzM.png
http://i.imgur.com/2uhdReK.png

Notes: This map is based off a popular book called "The Maze Runner." It features a maze with a center where hunters/survivors can stock up on supplies, build, and find secrets. The maze part is, well, a maze and, below in the comments you can see that JTorso and raxo2222 have suggested parkour up to the walls of the maze. I have done that successfully. There are 2 ways to get on the walls, and they are immediantly outside the middle. Have Fun.

Download: http://smp.blocktopia.net/schematics/download.php?file=the_glade.schematic

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Screenshots:
\C:\Users\Charlie Brownlee\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\screenshots\2014-10-11_15.10.33.png
C:\Users\Charlie C:\Users\Charlie Brownlee\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\screenshots\2014-10-11_15.11.21.pngBrownlee\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\screenshots\2014-10-11_15.10.43.png
I see you are new to Internet... or to uploading pictures on forums.

We cant see what you have on your computer.

Use imgur to upload pictures from your computer.

Also JT is ninja

BigDaddyLave

Reaction score
I see you are new to Internet... or to uploading pictures on forums.

We cant see what you have on your computer.

Use imgur to upload pictures from your computer.

Also JT is ninja
I see. I am new to the internet. Well, this part.
Not, well.
The other part.
*shudders*
I'll try fixing it.

• Love
Reactions: Naoh

BigDaddyLave

Reaction score
Hmm you fixed pictures :)

You can add parkour on these maze walls.
Thats... actually not a bad idea... But its based off a book, and I want to keep it as realistic to teh book as possible,
but that gives me an idea for a future map....

Reactions: Notme

JtTorso

Reaction score
Generally speaking, taking liberties to change a map is usually a good idea. Adding platforms in and on the walls would significantly improve it. As is, it's a rather bare and slightly dull map with a concept that isn't bad. I know Ryan has been making an effort to accept maps that are both fun and aesthetically pleasing and while this isn't an awful looking map it could be better. What you should do, in my opinion, is ask for some advice from both Build box staff and AoD staff, have them check out your map so you can make improvements, then resubmit the map after you've done some work to it.

BigDaddyLave

Reaction score
Generally speaking, taking liberties to change a map is usually a good idea. Adding platforms in and on the walls would significantly improve it. As is, it's a rather bare and slightly dull map with a concept that isn't bad. I know Ryan has been making an effort to accept maps that are both fun and aesthetically pleasing and while this isn't an awful looking map it could be better. What you should do, in my opinion, is ask for some advice from both Build box staff and AoD staff, have them check out your map so you can make improvements, then resubmit the map after you've done some work to it.
Yeah, I'm doing this now. I'm going to make parkour up on the walls so you can fight on top of the maze.
May take a while, but I'm going to make a new thread when I am finished. May see it probably tomorrow.
Thanks for the idea, raxo2222

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Right now I would have to say it seems very "bland". I know that it is a maze map and that it is based off of maze runners (which I do know of) but the way I envisioned it was more so a mixture of wooden or mossy areas. Sort of like it was decript, and not bright and clean.

Edit:

I forgot to vote. But currently, I will have to go with a 0 on this.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm just going to say right off the bat, I love that you wanted to base a map off of a book/movie. I'm a fan of those. Right now, it really does look a bit bland as Dessern was saying. It could do with a good bit of embellishing. I'm going with a 0 for now, and look forward to some changes.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I noticed that sometimes the worlded schematics are reluctant to load, and while opening them in an older version of minecraft works, some blocks may be turned into locked chests, which decay, or wiped completely.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Hey Lave! Thanks for the submission.

I really like the idea behind this map, and it looks like you put some work into this. However, I must agree with the responses above me, the map is lacking in detail. The houses are monochromatic wooden boxes, and the walls are very plain. Perhaps with some more detail in the glade itself, and some vines, spawners, and irregularities in the maze part, I'll be able to vote positively for this map. For now however, -1.

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Great idea. Poorly done. It has no detail along the walls. The building in the middle area are just squares with holes in the wall. AoD has been upping the standard expectations for quality maps. You didn't meet this standard in my eyes sadly. Unless you can greatly improve the map, it's a -1.

Last edited:

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hey BigDaddy.

As Shade has stated, we've upped our standards in Army of Darkness, and this map does not meet those standards. Feel free to work on the map a bit more, and re-submit when/if you feel ready.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.