The future of Escaperestart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Let's be honest, this is the best case scenario, but when you join a community you don't expect to have to give above and beyond your best effort. The community should be catering to the players, not the otherway around. "Do it yourself" when speaking to members and low staff is back asswards logic

OK yeah I agree it should be the head staff taking the initiative but have you seen any initiative to push this community in a different direction for the past 2-3 years? Yes its not the community members job but if no one else is doing it and you want change, we'll either you do something or let the same old continue.

• Thank You
Reactions: Aqua

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Let's be honest, this is the best case scenario, but when you join a community you don't expect to have to give above and beyond your best effort. The community should be catering to the players, not the otherway around. "Do it yourself" when speaking to members and low staff is back asswards logic
You say there is a difference between the community and the players, but they are the same. All that admins are also part of the community. Admins are just the players in the community that are trustworthy and have good ideas so that they get promoted. If nobody has a plan between the community, and I'm mostly talking about old community members we're supposedly ignoring, not so much the newer players, then it's expected that there are no new servers. Just complaining and putting this responsibility of expanding on the head staff gets us nowhere but I do agree that the head staff need to manage stuff and keep things in order.

• Agree
Reactions: JtTorso

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm going leave the Peter Principle here.

It isnt entirely relevant (i'm not saying that current staff are incompetent or anything like that, for example), but we need to look at the path our current staff took to get to their position.
Minecraft.
It would be reasonable then to expect their areas of expertise to be minecraft, and not some other game. We cannot expect the current staff to do the expanding into something they dont know how to run, especially if we want it to go well. Note that Hex for example im pretty sure wasn't staff at the time he was promoted to admin for DarkRP.

I think we need to decide what new games to go into based on our existing player base to an extent. Some sort of poll, or maybe if possible using the steam group or discord games list (isnt there a bot that keeps track of that) to determine the non-minecraft games our community plays the most might help.

Reactions: JtTorso

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
OK yeah I agree it should be the head staff taking the initiative but have you seen any initiative to push this community in a different direction for the past 2-3 years? Yes its not the community members job but if no one else is doing it and you want change, we'll either you do something or let the same old continue.
If you can't convince the admins who run the community and make the final decisions then it won't happen. Hex I see as more of a turning point where they become more accepting rather than the alternative. Our community is young and coding talent or people knowledgeable in running things are scarce. I just think it's unreasonable to put the burden of presenting and making an attractive server on guests

Edit to not double post ( Vatumok here) - I think that's just a fundamental tear in how we view this. I see a hierarchy and you see a casual promotion system. Now, you've actually BEEN high staff, so you know more than me, but I'd argue at least in the old days this definitely was /not/ painted the same way you see it now, but maybe nowadays it is more akin to that

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I personally think nothings wrong with ER. You've got your donations, you've got your frequent members. Discords doing well.

SMP dies out faster and faster and you might never get as many people as you had in the "good old days" but holy shit would you look at what ComputerGuy_ and MintyRogi did.

If that doesn't give you faith about the future of this community then you are literally hitler.

I didn't see this shared about Danni122112 THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. OUR CURRENT MEMBERS ARE JUST AS GOLDEN AS THE NEW ONES WE ARE SO DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET IN HERE.

I will also throw in something here and lest we forget that we are slowly growing older and older and I will personally shit on anyone who puts down any staff for living their IRL life instead on working on this community.

Not that I don't like ER but I don't think you should prioritise this over what you do in your everyday lives. I'm seeing a lot of people apologising for being unable to do a) b) and c) because they were studying/out with family, whatever.

(I cant see a breakdown of donations but you seem to fill it up every month and if thats strong then surely everythings a-ok?)

Whoever edited this so the image is in there is an absolute gem. Ta.
(I just came to piggy back off of this post)

The patreon page just reached the $50 monthly donations mark as well.

https://www.patreon.com/escaperestart

and to also say a 7 days to die server would be super cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.