The False King.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
So I just felt like writing and was in the mood so this is just a go-with-the-flow type of thing and I'm going to type a bunch of whatevers as this is just off the top of my head. I'll name it like whenever I feel Ive written enough to give it a name and slap in up there. ANYWAYS ENJOY?

He stood watching the flames from his room, the stained and dirty window let through small flickers of light from the roaring flames. Cries of horror could be heard in the distance, a war perhaps. He stood firm placing his hand to the window and wiping off some dust, the new light hitting his dented but regal armor. Letting a sigh part from his dry lips he turned his back to the window. Picking up a large satchel with a bow hung from its straps and four swords slowly and with a prideful stance he then walked to the doorway and made his way from his room down the adorned hallway. The broken and dirty windows around him letting through sparkles of different hued light, the flames crackled roar could be heard louder than the screams.

The home seemed eloquent and almost royal, paintings and artwork surrounded him as he slowly walked through the house. Almost in a daze or without worry he made his way to the central chamber, opening the crested doors to an empty room save for a throne and empty suits of armor cast among the other decorations. Looking around with a stern expression he made his slow stride towards the throne, his armor letting out soft rings.

'Things have come to an end it seems.' He thought to himself as he set the satchel next to his feet and the swords to his side as he took a seat. Leaning his head back and looking at the majestic crest upon the ceiling, the banners on the upper walls in the corner of his eye.

"For peace and sovereignty, for the world to end war and for all prosperity" He spoke aloud. 'For what did we come under this banner of blue and silver?' The man thought.

Suddenly the doors fly open as two men burst into the room, slamming the doors shut.

"My lord!" One of the men shouted, his face bloodied and his breath hard. "You must escape!" His voice frantic, dropping to his knees bracing the door still. The other seemingly soldier grabbing three iron rods set next to the door fastening them in place. The man sat still firm on the throne, only watching silent with eyes that seemed emotionless, unmoving.

"Elweiss!" Said the other soldier after he fastened the barricade rods, grasping his comrade by the shoulder. "We must defend the lord!"

"No...." Elweiss looking up with eyes glazed. “I’m sorry....Azurelias...” His final words as he collapsed at Azurelias's feet.

"Elweiss..." His face full of despair and confusion, closing his comrade’s eyes laying him down."My lord, as Elweiss said, I am here to defend you."

The man on the throne scoffed and almost laughed. "Defend me?" He said arrogantly. “Defend me how? With but only one man? There is an army outside these walls and your comrade has fallen even. I mean no disrespect to the sacrifice and effort, but what you are a lone soldier going to do?"

"But my lord, it is my duty and responsibility." Azurelias said with a prideful tone readying his blade.

"Take off your armor and set aside your blade" The lord said commandingly and started to remove his own. "There is a higher task for you then to waste your life as we both perish."

Azurelias looked dumbfounded. “Your life is of utmost importance!”

“No...” The lord replied sighing. “My life was lost the moment their armies came down upon our capitol.” His armor now lay in a pile before him next to the satchel and blades. “Come now we have not the time to quarrel with matters of life and death. “ Approaching Azurelias, a stern look in his eyes. “Now listen, this task I set upon you is even greater then my life.” Taking Azurelias’s hand and leading him to the throne. “Take off your armor, this now is yours” Taking off his ring and necklace both with the nations crest.

“Wear my armor and you shall escape in my place, I am as your comrade, and my life is not long lived from now.” Showing Azurelias the large patch of blood on his stomach.

“But when!” Azurelias clenched the ring and necklace in his hand, heading his lord’s orders and began to remove his armor. “Know that I protest this order, but I shall listen to your request, my lord.” Handing his armor to the lord as he removed each piece, putting on the lords as he does.

“The duty you have now is to return these runic blades and bow to the allies who pledged upon each. Should they fall into the wrong hands I feel as though we would have failed our duty on accepting their allegiance to let them become toys for the enemy at hand.” He paused fastening the regular armor as Azurelias removed it to himself pressing a stone at the bottom of the throne and the throne lifting upwards. “This passage will lead you from here, the satchel has jewels and everything you should need for the journey, you are now this countries lord as the necklace and ring signify that.” His face solemn. “Should you be captured or the situation dire insert the ring into the necklace and it shall unleash a powerful spell, though it shall kill you it will erase those runic weapons with you.”

Both of them full in each other armor seemingly their places never switched.

“My lord Dwin, I shall not fail you.” Azurelias said as he readied himself with the satchel and blades.

“As I shall not let them follow you and shall not fail you, as you are now the lord as far as the world may be concerned. The crest is what marks the man.” He said smirking as he saw Azurelias off into the passage. “Each weapon is marked with its nation's crest; give my regards as the new lord to each.”

Now ready and standing under the throne Azurelias gave a final salute to his lord as Dwin activated the switch lowering him down into the passage.

OH WELL RAN OUT OF TIME SINCE I HAVE TO GO TO WORK.
So yeah I might pick this up and continue or this might just be the end of the story.