Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score

The Economy of Madness
A New Party by Alisha and ChocoFox
Most economies are driven by profit. This one is driven by soul.

Hi there future investors! I, Alisha, have designed a social experiment that will be unlike any other you have tried. I'm looking for 14 - 21 people to join me and my adorable assistant ChocoFox on this journey.

Many economies have significant problems where wealth creates wealth, and sometimes once you don't have wealth, you're in serious trouble and might not be able to afford the necessities you crave. Rather than solve those boring and important problems, I have decided to take these problems to THE NEXT LEVEL!

If you run out of our patented Alphacoins[sup]TM[/sup], then you are dead! Completely and absolutely dead!

You might be asking yourself questions like, “Alisha why would you create such a high-stakes scenario”, or “Alisha what point are you trying to prove here?” (The answer to that one is 'nothing', by the way.), or you may even ask questions like this; “Wow, Alphacoins[sup]TM[/sup] sound amazing! What can I use them on?”

Alphacoins are used on all your actions in the game! Anything from inspections to protections will cost coins, so keep a careful note on how fiscally responsible you are! As part of our brilliant social experiment, each role will be given a specific amount of coins to start with! We're so kind.
[Editor ChocoFox's Translation: Roles are predetermined as normal, with coin totals part of that predetermination. Nothing about the actual roles are random except for roles being randomly assigned to players as normal]

But wait, how will we keep track of the effects of this social experiment?

Now introducing our Economic Panic Scale!

Some actions might have an effect on the global economy! We set the dial to 12 points of panic, leaving us to begin at the Fair part of the scale. However, during the game we might slide into different modes depending on how the actions and bankruptcies add and subtract points! Here are the different modes for our economy, where the cost of performing actions is affected depending on where we're at:

0-5 - :Serene [Actions cost 6 less coins]
6-10 :Composed [Actions cost 3 less coins]
11-15:Fair - No change
16-20:Nervous [Actions cost 3 more coins]
21-25:MASS PANIC TIME! [Actions cost 6 more coins]

You might be rolling your eyes or looking confused, so let's bring out an example of an action!

Pluck[5C, +1] - Choose a target and steal 100 coins from them.

The name of the power is first, followed by the coin cost, and then the effect on the global economic panic scale. As for the description, as you may guess...

There are no kills in this social experiment! The only way to leave the experiment is to die by running out of coins, or see to your win condition! We run on coins, so once you get to zero, you are dead. I won't let you deliberately kill yourself by running out of coins though, this simulation has to assume our consumers are looking out for their best interests of course!

Wait, what about lynches? Ugh, that's such an ugly word. No, in this simulation, we are bankrupting people by voting for them! Getting the majority vote in a day automatically reduces your coin count to 0. Can't let any little loopholes ruin our no direct killing rule!

[Editor ChocoFox's Translation/Summary:
• Closed Setup
• Day Start
• Each role is given a set amount of coins
• Coins are spent on actions
• Losing all coins means you die, lethal actions are represented by stealing coins.
• Mafia have a faction ability to take 100 coins from their target
• RID may exist in some form
• Actions may affect the global economy, called the Economic Panic Scale
• Action costs might be cheaper or more expensive based on the scale, but costs cannot invert.
• Experience recommended
• This is a weird game. A very, very weird game. It's Role Madness, so every role has something. If you go in expecting consistency based on past games hosted by us, you will be horrifically wrong.
• That said, this is not a bastard game. No aspect of your role is hidden from you, no alignment changing, no jesters/fools, no death disguising, no time sensitive day actions, etc. Be prepared for odd stuff, but the odd stuff is also fair stuff.
• If you are up for a Mafia party game of casual fun, we've got you covered!]

The Rules

Be respectful and polite.​
• Do not edit posts. Make a double/triple/quadruple/penta post instead. Even if your forum rank and permissions will let you edit or delete posts, please do not use them.
• You are not allowed to make last statements after you are dead.
• If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
• Do not rate posts after you die. It is also preferable to post instead of rate when possible when alive.
• You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
• Do not look at posts that have been marked as deleted, even if you have permissions otherwise.

Honesty and Cheating​
• In all interactions with the moderator, you must be honest.
• Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game unless specifically allowed to by the moderator.
• Do not attempt to access another player's information by technological means (such as hacking).
• Do nothing that would be considered cheating. Use common sense.

Gaming the System​
• Do not quote your role PM, take a screen capture of it, etc. You may paraphrase the role PM.
• Do not attempt to analyze the mechanics of a role PM in comparison to other players. For example, "the fourth word of my role PM is town." Or "my PM was sent at 11:23, when was yours?"
• No outside bets or other contrivances should be made.
• At no time should there be pre-game alliances made.
• If you are confused about an aspect of your role, ask your host about it in a private channel. Do not ask about it in the game thread.

Activity​
• You are expected to be an active participant in your game. Do not flake.
• If you know you are going to be absent a particular amount of time, post in game and PM the moderator that you will be V/LA. Please include the date you plan to be back and posting.

Behavior​
• No excessive racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. language may be used.
• Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. It is the nature of the game that players will be antagonistic toward each other at times. However, it should always be kept in the spirit of a game.
• Always play to your win condition. Never sabotage your team's chances simply because you're angry at them. This includes self votes and the like.

The Moderator​
• The Moderator will post frequent vote counts.
• The moderator reserves the right to alter any rule in the game including any of the rules found in this document.
• If the moderator makes a mistake on a vote count, please address it in thread in bold.
• PM the moderator with other concerns.
• The moderator has the final say.

Leaving the Game​
• When you sign up, it is expected you are capable of remaining interested in the game throughout its run.
• If you have decided you can no longer be a part of this wonderful adventure, send a private message to the moderator announcing you are leaving.
• Under no circumstances are you to reveal your role when you quit, and you should not talk about your role while the game is still running.
Additional Information

Role PM Template:
The Economy of Madness beckons, and you are [the] [Role Name]. [Alignment]

You have [#] Coin(s).

Traits
[Trait Name] - [Description]

Actions
[Actions Name[# Coins, Scale Modifier]]
- [Description]

Win Condition: [Description, see below]

Town Win Condition Descriptor
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Scum Win Condition Descriptor
You win when you gain control of the vote with all threats to yourselves eliminated.

There may be more than just these two.

A Small Passive Trait Glossary

This is not a complete list of every passive trait in this social experiment, but this is here to give a little bit of general information and aid people with understanding how roles may be constructed and how they are integrated into the new mechanics.

Ascetic - Preemptively and Reflexively roleblock all night actions performed on you, except for actions that involve you losing coins.
Multitasker - You may use one additional action per night.
Price Change Immune - Prices for your actions are not affected by the Economic Panic Scale.
Panic [+ or - #] On Death - When you die, the Economic Panic Scale is shifted by the amount listed here.
Steals [#] Times Better Against You - Actions that take coins from you have the number of coins stolen multiplied by the # amount.
Unstoppable - Actions you perform cannot fail for any outside reason, such as protections, roleblocks, or other passive traits.

The Signups

We are going to watch signups closely, since this experiment will get pretty complex. Sign up if you are willing to learn, and we can certainly assist you with figuring it out and answering questions! [Well, Alisha will answer questions. I just work here. -Choco]

We need 14-21 investors for this social experiment. The more we get, the more of our cool ideas we can pack in! [sub]please sign up before I run out of coins[/sub]
——
/join
I will be fine with any role I may receive, and I have read the rules.

The last thing you purchased, or just lie about it since it's not like we're the IRS
——

Players
1. Timdood3
2. Nottykitten
3. Infected_Alien8_
4. HKCaper
5. Stranger from Planet 9
6. Omni
7. Dess
8. Aqua
9. fantome
10. Ltin
11. Arch the bird collector
12. PokeSvorlds
13. MoltenAshes
14. Enderfive
——
15. Notme
16. mariosatr
17. Mulbery
18. Kroppeb
19. Unusual_Dood
20. Mischief
21. Mooglie

Replacements
1. TheWeakGuy48_

# of times people last purchased food: 4
# of times people last purchased inffy: 3

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Alisha can we make tagging people cost one Alphacoin just for Les here? [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Haha, only if we make Tapatalk cost one coin to operate!!!

Also we might need to auction Inffy off or something since everyone wants or already has a piece of him

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
/join
I will be fine with any role I may receive, and I have read skimmed the rules.

The most recent thing I have purchased is a subscription to MLB.tv, so in character that of course means Ltin Corporation has just purchased Major League Baseball.

Question: What is RID?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
/join
I will be fine with any role I may receive, and I have read skimmed the rules.

The most recent thing I have purchased is a subscription to MLB.tv, so in character that of course means Ltin Corporation has just purchased Major League Baseball.

Question: What is RID?
Really Inconvenient Deaths

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alisha can we make tagging people cost one Alphacoin just for Les here? [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
You can turn off the tapatalk signature in your tapatalk settings, in case you were wanting to get rid of it.

This advice will come at the low low price of .005 AC.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
What is RID?
Good question! Your value as an investor has gone up by 5C!

RID stands for Role ID. It refers to a class of actions that require you to input the role name of your target correctly in order for the action to succeed. It's commonly used as a form of specialized killing in other games and communities, but can theoretically apply to any kind of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.