The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroppeb

Reaction score
I'm tempted to vote for omni, just to grow the voting chain.

Sent from my Alphacoin Digital Wallet using Tapatalk

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
honestly i'll be real with you all and say i skimmed through notty and inf's arguing and i blame being ill

if one more person calls <o> a person with hands against their head then i will shoot you all
mass claims in a closed setup tend to lead to a situation where the more mundane a claim is, the more likely it is that it's generally believed, since it's something the players can understand because of the relative simplicity of the claim

however, that means that
a) it's easy to fake claim something mundane and familiar, like a bodyguard, because firstly you don't need to make up much and secondly, it's more likely to be believed anyway
b) the more gimmicky roles on the town side, which i'm sure we have, will be less believed and we'll lynch our more powerful prs ourselves, leaving less work for the scum to do
it's a valid argument but after like 1 town death it'll be easy to see if town roles have complexities (but obviously not all of them will i guess) but following this train of logic i guess i'd be ok with postponing the massclaim to like day 1 after a town person would have presumably died during the night (but then that also does defeat the purpose of this massclaim being sprung on mafia to force them to come up with a fake claim without conferring (i assume they only have night chat atleast!))

also, im not sure why people have suddenly begun claiming some of their role name when its pretty much completely useless (imo) and iirc the RID killer in the pearled bridge functioned around getting like 50% of the name right (i know that people changed up words but still as a warning!) but i might be remembering incorrectly BUT i will say that i also have a generic name in my role name like mischief so i guess role names might be inconsistent throughout town to avoid calling people out purely on that? alternatively theres some 3p role which needs to kill everyone with a name in their role name in which case bye i guess im dead!!!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also, im not sure why people have suddenly begun claiming some of their role name when its pretty much completely useless (imo) and iirc the RID killer in the pearled bridge functioned around getting like 50% of the name right (i know that people changed up words but still as a warning!)
since now you all know that dodgy people can be town!

if you think I'm town at least

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Ok so I'm all caught up and:

wtf

massclaiming is a terrible idea
this.

Even if there isn't an RID killer and we only go as far as to claim names this does nothing for us this early on in the game. If mafia have evil sounding names they'll just make new ones up and could pretty easily get away with.

All this does is allow mafia to take potshots at whose name sounds like what town power role.

Kroppeb

Reaction score
I don't see how role name claiming helps at all

Sent from my Alphacoin Digital Wallet using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.