The Council Observing Primordia's Society (C.O.P.S.)

BrickWolf

The Concrete Dog
Reaction score
The Council Observing Primordia's Society
Increase the Peace.

The four families of Primordia are pleased to present C.O.P.S.- the united organization of family governments that will help establish more order between the four families and will hopefully prevent chaos and disorder throughout Primordia. C.O.P.S. passes a series of family-run, family enforced rules - rules that all family governments obey and follow.

What will C.O.P.S. do for me?
The main goal of C.O.P.S. isn't to end wars or to wipe all hostility and aggression out altogether. C.O.P.S. will pass bills, laws, and regulations that the four families feel that family members should obey altogether. C.O.P.S is meant to prevent and eliminate one-family tyranny, unfair governments, and reckless players from causing trouble within Primordia.

How does C.O.P.S work?
Representatives from all four families - Aeres, Dagon, Gaia, and Primus - will propose, vote upon, and pass bills and resolutions that all family governments must observe. For example:
Bill FAKE.1 said:
There will be no raiding during July.
In this case, the family governments must obey the bill and punish any of their members that break it, or the other families may request consequences for that particular family government.​

Where can I find C.O.P.S. bills?
All cops bills, definitions, and proposals can be found at http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/family-bills-laws-and-proposals.3246/ . We'll try to keep the thread as updated as possible, so bear with us!*** Also included in that thread is a dictionary, so that certain words/terms don't create confusion when interpreting the bill.​

I want to suggest a bill! How can I?
Although only the representative of C.O.P.S can only propose bills to be voted upon, players can always suggest bills to your family representative. The majority of C.O.P.S. bills formed through the help of regular players, and by speaking to your family representative, you can make your voice be heard.

Current Members of C.O.P.S:
Defiant_Blob of Aeres
uhtr5r of Aeres
Shande of Dagon
BrickWolf of Dagon
DaniNomsYou of Gaia
lolpierandom of Gaia
LISTINGS09 of Primus
LagWarrior of Primus

***BIG NOTE: Breaking C.O.P.S bills will not result in Operator Bans.You'll be in trouble with your family leaders, but there is no banning repercussion if you break proposed laws.

Please remember to always follow server rules.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I like this idea.

However, what if two or three families side with eachother as allies secretly, then create bills that effect other families in a negative way (a sort of monopoly)?

Also; I see these leaders are chosen, and I think it would've been fairer to elect them.

One last point: how will punishment be enforced equally throughout the families? (example: primus doles out some form of punishment whilst gaia only gives a verbal warning).

Just some thoughts.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I like this idea.

However, what if two or three families side with eachother as allies secretly, then create bills that effect other families in a negative way (a sort of monopoly)?

Also; I see these leaders are chosen, and I think it would've been fairer to elect them.

One last point: how will punishment be enforced equally throughout the families? (example: primus doles out some form of punishment whilst gaia only gives a verbal warning).

Just some thoughts.
It has to be a majority vote, meaning that at least 3 families must vote positively. If 3 do gang up on one, then the last one can just leave C.O.P.S. Families are not required to be in it, but they have the benefits of being in it.

Chillingworth

Reaction score
It has to be a majority vote, meaning that at least 3 families must vote positively. If 3 do gang up on one, then the last one can just leave C.O.P.S. Families are not required to be in it, but they have the benefits of being in it.
Oooh, that's good.

Maybe something about families being able to opt out should be in the OP? :3

lolpierandom

Reaction score
I like this idea.

Just some thoughts.
Verbal warnings? I'm the most strict-ass leader you'll ever find 'round these parts!

Switch those two around and it will be more accurate :3

All jokes aside, I'm hoping that we won't have to deal with families ganging up on each other. Since Gaia is essentially allied with everyone (*cough* Primus *cough*), I'd hope we could help resolve tensions between other families :p

Also, the thing about electing people; C.O.P.S. is still run by the head of each family. If a family head decides to quit but their people don't, then they're out. Don't like it? Get a new head. Elections could end up with corrupted people in C.O.P.S., and then it just becomes a huge mess and would be counterintuitive.

Chillingworth

Reaction score
Verbal warnings? I'm the most strict-ass leader you'll ever find 'round these parts!

Switch those two around and it will be more accurate :3

All jokes aside, I'm hoping that we won't have to deal with families ganging up on each other. Since Gaia is essentially allied with everyone (*cough* Primus *cough*), I'd hope we could help resolve tensions between other families :p

Also, the thing about electing people; C.O.P.S. is still run by the head of each family. If a family head decides to quit but their people don't, then they're out. Don't like it? Get a new head. Elections could end up with corrupted people in C.O.P.S., and then it just becomes a huge mess and would be counterintuitive.
Note how I said example. :p

Also;

Reactions: Duffie