The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a slow day with no new information. I am in support of lynching idle players, because this issue has annoyed me for many of the past games that I've played. However, in case Mul's role is town is there the possibility of replacing that player with another?

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
I guess obligatory question time?

1. Who do you find most suspicious and why?
2. What do you think should be a course of action now knowing that there are cults in the game?
3. Who do you think should be lynched today?
1. I'm getting a little leery of weak, because of the strange certainty that Ooglie is Definitely The Fence for a single reason that doesn't really make sense. Though, to be fair, there's a decent town reason. Also, Later, because he's made four posts total, two of which were just to vote for someone with no other comment and three of which were made Day 0.

2. As long as they don't win instead of town, (and it looks like they don't: The Red Scare [Game Over] ) they don't really need to be dealt with.

3. I'm not 100% certain, but I do agree on Digi's point here:
I am in support of lynching idle players, because this issue has annoyed me for many of the past games that I've played. However, in case Mul's role is town is there the possibility of replacing that player with another?

Faliara

Reaction score
I’m... Honestly not sure where to go at this point.

I remember Arelic showing a message from the Fence stating that Dess and Rune were both lying about what their task was, but I’ll have to go back and check. That’s all I can think of for now :x

hipmeow

Reaction score
i think weak going after oog seems a bit weird so i guess him (keep in mind im not 100% up to date on whats going on)
2. What do you think should be a course of action now knowing that there are cults in the game?
scream
well seeing as i think weak is most sus him but im not opposed to killing inactive peeps

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Currently it is hard to pinpoint, I want to say weak but I get town vibes from him. Even if his pushing Oog does seem off to me. However, all the inactives are plenty suspicious to me as they are lying low down and as Aqua (?) said, mulb tends to lay even lower when she is mafia or anti town.
2. Cults in game? Now knowing they don't steal the win from town idk man.
3. Who do you think should be lynched?
Probably mulb or one of the inactives. I'm going to place a tentative lynch mulbery for right now but I want to reread the thread (wow day 2 and only 25 pages thank god).

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
At this point, we should definetely kill one of the afks (which is honestly more than half of the players right now). I would prefer us actually choosing an afk and actually having a discussion around it, however, people have already started bandwagoning Mulb so I guess that won't happen right now. Mulbery please claim as soon as you can (or actually defend yourself so we don't lynch a town).

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
OK from the night there are 2 people who died, Sploorky(roleblocker) and Comp (unknown role). What is interesting is that last night there were 2 kills, but both of their roles were revealed upon death. Rune was revealed to be a janitor, however they would be revealed as "suit role", and Comp was revealed as such and I doubt that the mafia have 2 janitors so logically the last kill is from
3rd party. We can make scenarios from this

There's a third party SK and the roles of who they kill will not be revealed. They killed Comp tonight and it's likely they were blocked by Sploorky n1, which explains the lack of kills (and lack of people claiming to have been roleblocked)

ALTERNATIVELY, there's some sort of meta-SK who can take the role of a killer role from previous game. I can see two versions of this. One where they simply link to a previous game (to the host) and say whatever role they want to be. Or that they can choose a role from the mafia games who were talked about during the game, for example after Ooglie linked the art game, we saw an artist kill show up in that night (I'll honestly have to look back to see all of the mentions of another mafia game). IDK writing this down it actually sounds kinda dumb, but it kinda makes sense that there would be a 3rd Party who is not from another game and SK-like.

The next theory I somewhat doubt, but is still likely. Whoever the mafia kills is also roleblocked, which explains why Notty didn't give herself/others a bulletproof vest(if she could even give it to herself). This also explains why nobody has outed themselves as being blocked by Sploorky tonight(because they receive a message).

• Informative
  • Confusing
Reactions: Jivvi and digi

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
At this point, I'm not entirely sure. I tend to vote for those based on their negative personality traits and I allow that to overshadow any hints towards finding who is Mafia. I plan to work on that.
I think its something that us Townies have to really consider and try to come to a decision on who we have to make our priority. Finding Mafia or the Cultists.
My first day in and I'm absolutely clueless. I don't want to bandwagon unless there is a solid reason for one's lynching.

Frankly I'm concerned about those who have voted for Mulbery based on inactivity. As I read through the thread I found that Velzerat has only posted once as well, yet the three who have decided to vote have completely ignored that. Though I don't find Jivvi, Aqua or Later suspicious, I do find it a bit worrying considering that there are cults.

I'll suggest this, perhaps the moderators could pause the game and invite one of the substitutes to replace an idle player. This, of course could happen after giving an inactive player X amount of time to respond. If that inactive player is away during gameplay, a message to the moderator explaining their absence beforehand should suffice. Thoughts?

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Though I don't find Jivvi, Aqua or Later suspicious, I do find it a bit worrying considering that there are cults.
Look at the game where these cults were taken from:

https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/reserves-needed-the-red-scare-signups.20658/

In the game the cults had no impact on the actual game, just allowing a second victory along with town or mafia for whichever cult one.

As the other roles seem to be the same as they were in previous games I doubt they will have changed this.

Frankly I'm concerned about those who have voted for Mulbery based on inactivity. As I read through the thread I found that Velzerat has only posted once as well
I mean I only voted mulb because it was presented I didn't bother researching how inactive other players were in the game. That being said, my reason for voting mulb is based on the fact she is usually very active in mafia games unless mafia where they tend to lurk heavily. Joxey and Wim are both newcomers in a very non-newcomer friendly set up so it doesn't really surprise me that much that they're idling.